Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

GTM 13+ V7 Retro Valve Covers Kits

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Bob Ponticelli

Bob Ponticelli Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

2. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Bob, those look great, but your Eagles are facing the wrong way(!). Always forward.

Carl de Carvalho likes this.
  3. Carl de Carvalho

Carl de Carvalho Tuned and Synch'ed

I remember you saying their is a left and a right , how do we know on the no eagle spacers?

4. Carl de Carvalho

Makes the bike look much better !!!!

5. Bob Ponticelli

Yes, if something can be assembled backwards or upside down I'm your guy. This is cosmetic and can swap when time? They are identical? :(

6. GT-Rx®

The versions without Eagles: The spark plug hole is the indicator as to correct R/L placement. The holes are slightly off center and will align with the plug holes in the head. Those with Eagles, they should always face forward.
    Otherwise, they are identical and will work regardless.

7. Bob Ponticelli

Ok. 12 more bolts. Is it okay to ride Till I get a moment to flip? Guessing yes.?

GT-Rx® likes this.
  8. cytocycle

cytocycle Cruisin' Guzzisti

You just made me order these for my V7, thanks for posting the photo.
    What sand paper did you use (Grit) and how do you brush the surface to make it look like that?

Thanks
    Chris

9. Motofoto

Motofoto Tuned and Synch'ed

200 - 400 - 800 grit on a sanding block. Be careful not to sand the area where the eagle is engraved any more than necessary.

cytocycle likes this.
  10. Bob Ponticelli

Ok. Let's try this again. I am sure I have done something wrong. Always left with extra parts. :sweating:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Carl de Carvalho

Looks good!!

12. Moto_Max

Moto_Max Cruisin' Guzzisti

THANK YOU! These were the types of shots I was waiting on! They look great on there! Todd did a great job. I'm not able to purchase as early as I would have liked. I have a bigger need for better suspension first. I hope I can get Todd to make more of these later on.

13. MJPTexas

MJPTexas Cruisin' Guzzisti

Close enough for government work, considering the deal I got on the shocks. :cool:

sturgeon likes this.
  14. GT-Rx®

Guys, the guards have a left and a right that I thought would be obvious as the spark plug hole should align perfectly to the head. Some of the orders slipped out with identical sides. Can you check yours and write me direct email if yours is wrong please; Todd at GuzziTech.com - I'd like to get them sorted for everyone, but I'm sold out of the small raw versions, so I can't polish or anodize new ones to sort them out without returns. Apologies for the mishap.
    I have some more of the larger design for those interested, and note the OEM valve covers have been very slow to arrive, so for those still waiting, I hope to get them out soon.

15. nycs10011

nycs10011 Just got it firing!

Todd,

If this has already been stated I apologize, but couldn't find the info. Will these work on the new V7II?

16. GT-Rx®

Yes, 2013 to current V7 II's - all.

17. John Backlund

John Backlund Tuned and Synch'ed

How about valve covers for the new V7 III's ?.

18. GT-Rx®

No, completely different cylinder head and valve cover. You'll have to live with it as delivered.

19. MontMotoAUS

MontMotoAUS Just got it firing!

Hey Todd,

Any chance these will fit a 2012 V7 Racer? And if so, any chance there is a spare set that didnt get sold off? Mine are all scratched up and the vintage styling looks great! If not, i might have to sand & powdercoat to fix.

Thanks mate!

DK-V7classic likes this.
  20. GT-Rx®

Guys, I can't always catch every post here. Email is best.
    Both the valve covers and adapter plates are on the online Store tab above.