Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - we've been proud to harbor such wonderful Guzzisti camaraderie since 2005, for FREE. Times have changed, and so have the attitudes and expectations of far too many. Starting Jan 1, 2020, we will likely be shifting to a paid to participate format. You will still be able to read for free. This should alleviate all of the opinionated negativity that the free social media channels have created. If you are a donor or customer of ours, you're in, just use the Contact tab above if your account is not already promoted, or you can Upgrade your account once signed in. Or the Donate tab above is another option. We look forward to continuing this service to the Guzzi community, but it is not cheap or easy to host and maintain. We wish you the best for the Holidays and in the New Year.

GTM v2.0 Fender Elim Kit

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Kevin.NZ

Kevin.NZ Cruisin' Guzzisti

I believe if you're replacing a filament lamp with an LED, a resistor is required

2. madman0428

madman0428 Just got it firing!

When you say both sides to you mean left and right rear / left and right front? Unfortunately I don't have the mounts for the front iRides just yet so I'll only be doing the rear pins for now. Think that'll cause issue?

3. madman0428

This was my understanding as well. I guess I'll get a few resistors to have on the ready. Thanks!

4. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

As stated on the purchase pages, the mPins have built in resistors, and the iRides come with them. ;)

Poppe likes this.
  5. madman0428

Here is a pic of the m-pins I received. They do not have the resistor wired into them, as I've seen in other pictures around the internet. I'm guessing I was shipped the non-resistor variety? Any issues attaching the spare two iRide resistors to these?

IMG_6739.jpg IMG_8527.jpg

6. GT-Rx®

From the purchase page and stated above "Comes with built-in onboard resistor."

Poppe likes this.
  7. greenhood

greenhood Just got it firing!

Yes that’s what I mean. It didn’t cause issues for me. Install the rear ones and did not install the front ones until several weeks later. The regular front blinkers worked fine in the meantime. I think the circuits are separated front versus back, based on the wiring diagram. The Irides did ship with resistors as Todd says, but I didn’t end up using them.

hody166 likes this.
  8. Sandy Wright

Sandy Wright Just got it firing! GT Contributor

Got my fender eliminator on today. Anyone with a step by step guide to wiring up Rizoma lights? TIA :)

20191117_181428.jpg

9. GT-Rx®

Sandy, see the first post of this thread, and you'll either need a test light or the wiring diagram under the DOWNLOADS tab above.

Poppe and Sandy Wright like this.
  10. Sandy Wright

A little help please....
    My wiring harness has 3 purple (ground), 3 yellow (running), 1 blue (left turn), 1 green -- unknown and 2 red wires (both red operate the right turn signal).

The Rizoma iRides have black, red -- which go into the resistor, right? then there is the green and white wires. I assume the green is the brake and the Rizoma white goes to the Guzzi Tech yellow. Correct?

Why do I have two red wires and only 1 green?

I've tried a lot of combinations. Cannot get the running and brake lights to function on the Rizomas. Turn signals good. LED licence plate good.

11. GT-Rx®

From the first post here, now below. Test the harness once plugged in with a turn signal or a test light. You'll have to crimp/split one of the wires when needed for both. We routinely do this at the shop. ;)

Yellow: Running & tag (split)
    Red: Brake
    Blue: L turn
    Green: R turn
    Purple: ground

12. Sandy Wright

Yes, I have read and been following the original post.

I was just looking for further guidance.

13. GT-Rx®

OK, did above help?

14. Sandy Wright

No. I posted the same question on another forum. Another member got your kit, had the same issue. He gave me the walk through instructions about the one green and two red wires.

15. GT-Rx®

Sorry Sandy, so I see what happened now. The red is the brake light (2 in the harness for the Rizoma turn/stops) or they should be wired together for the single LED brake light option for v2.1 & 2. Green is the right turn signal. That correct? I made the changes above and in the first post here.

It's difficult to make a single harness fit all of the LED offerings we make.

Sandy Wright likes this.
  16. Sandy Wright

It took me nearly all day Sunday, but I am very pleased that I successfully installed the new lights! With some advice here, on FB, and by a friend's texting helpful hints. However, I solder & did the heat shrink all on my own -- I've never done that stuff before. Very cool to learn a new skill :cool:

Here is the breakdown of GT harness wiring kit to the iRides.

From the GuzziTech harness: purple is ground, yellow is running, both red wires are right turn, blue is left, and green needs to be split for the brake. Matched to the iRide from Rizoma: black is ground, white is running, green is the turn signals, and red is the brake.

Hope that makes sense!

Now onto the GT 2n1 exhaust, because that stock exhaust is ugly as poo now!

20191211_161457.jpg 20191211_161426.jpg

17. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque High Miler GT Famiglia

I like your ride Sandy. Very nice. I especially love the seat.