• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Guzzi fun turns to Custard.

Supaflee

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Dammmmmit , Beautiful day , I'll go for a blast .
Sure did , now Im $120.00 lighter and 20 demerrit points down. I was just cruising along , and then weeeee-oooooo, weeeeee- dooooooo, wee-dooo , weeeeee----- dddoooooooooo, and carnival lights everywhere . Yep , Rambo got me at 126K's. (From behind too Rambo , not nice that.)
After several runs along a good wee piece of highway I decided to do a few trials of revs v/s speed . I'd just established that at 3600 revs I travelling at 100 kph , which is our allowable limit here in NZ and that a little white dot I'd put on the face of the speedo was a bit higher than 100 when seated on the bike at cruising mode . ( parallex error ).
Now , thisafternoon I'll be taking the detector off my other bike ( VX 800 ) and fitting it to the Guzzi. Dammit , I havnt been pinged for years , and first time out without the detector and whammo , gotcha .
I still just love riding this little beast though , heck its awsome .
I did notice though , that at about 5500 rpm there appears to be a reduction in the "pull " of the engine . From 4500 revs to 5500 in top gear,she pulls seamlessly with wide open throttle , then goes a bit dull to about 6200. If you can imagine it just loosing it's "edge", or "crispness". I didnt notice what speed she's doing at those revs , bloody quick though . Hell this bike flies .
I'll go and do it again and at about 5500 with wide open throttle ,I'll hit the kill switch , stop and drop the plugs out , I'm already thinking she's running a bit lean up top . We'll see eh ?
Regards Supaflee

120 bucks for 26k over is a bargin, and from behind !!! how fast was the ( hypocritical, two faced , double standard bastard ) going to catch you ...... but of course its different for the poo lice because , as we all know they are much better drivers than the rest of us (mortals) and no police have been involved in any crashes ..... well just the mother of 4 they killed just the other day ... or maybe the motorcyclist taken out in the Buller Gorge whilst doing a u-turn on a blind corner , or the motorcyclist guy killed up north ( another dangerous u-turn ) to say nothing of the amount of times the crash thier cars whilst persuing alledged offenders ( cant help but noticing that the offenders didnt crash). But when a motorcyclist gets taken out by a nutcase behind the wheel, well the guy that nearly killed me was doing a 3 point turn just over the brow of a hill ( google " Hamish Savage ") , I have had 20 opps ( and counting ) , will probly loose my right leg mid thigh , 3 1/2 years ( so far ) off work, at least 50k out of pocket..... and I have yet to be interviewed by the police . The guy has previously been convicted of dangerous driving causing death and for his efforts in my case he got 8 mths disqualified and was ordered to pay me $7500 reparation , but he appealed of the grounds it would cause him undue hardship and some judge made me give him back $3500 while I was still in the wheelchair he put me in. could be worse ... I see in the states in a shoot out the pigs managed to hit 9 innocent bystanders and the offender escaped.
Im not a great fan of the police......... biggest gang in the country ( we need a smilie with a big second finger) and I will NOT lift a finger to help them

Hi Mc Tool, thanks for the communication. I've looked on google for what you suggested , someone must have organised for it to be removed , because I cant find anything.I vaguely recall what you're talking about though .
Tomorrow I'm going back to the exact spot where Rambo swerved in front of me .It'll be easy to find because of the skidmarks I left on the side of the road when I had to brake , locking up the front momentarily , offroad style to avoid hitting his car in the passengers door . The ba...d is nuts . I stopped paralell to , and just to the left of the left hand white line , he was 6" in front of me with the ars of his car still out in the traffic at approximately 30 degrees. Just visualise it , what a cock up ! Sh yte it was close.
As I said to him, "Christ man , do you think that was necessary ". He just replied ,"I was prepared to run you off the road , I didnt know who you were , or if you were really going to stop at the other side of the roundabout as you indicated , we've already had two motorcyclists do a runner today , you are lucky , I was only two seconds away from radio-ing for a block assistance to stop you up front ". Jeeeeez what a F....t up attitude.
Ive been riding 45 years and never had any other vehicle come this close to me. I've done best part of 300,000 miles on bikes . Never had a crash on the road . ( plenty off road though ) Then this twit nearly takes me out . Any rider of lesser experience would have crashed for sure , I know that from my off road experience . Thanks christ the bike was vertical when he cut me off , thats all I can say . I would definately have low sided otherwise .
Im going to pay the fine , I dont have an issue with that .Im also going to write to whoever the Authority is and advise them of this dangerous incident.
My thoughts are with you , I also know just how close it was for me today .Feel free to pm me.
Regards Supaflee

A detector is on my bike to-do list. But I've been fortunate lately, think its been 15 years since my last motorbike ticket. think I paid that much for a 5 over.

Mc Tool, Wow - found it. Sobering! makes me feel lucky to just have an occasional spill couple times a decade. Hope you get past this soon. Glad your back in the saddle.

Super flea ... why not put in a formal complaint.... sounds like wreakless driving to me .Probly wont get you anywhere but with such an attitude you can gaurantee that someone else will have complained about him. mention things like how you feared for your safety and that if YOU had not taken evasive action there would have been a collision . This is the bit I just dont get , they go out of thier way to be arseholes ( most of them , but I gotta say there have been a couple of ocasions where I have walked away with a ticket but would have quite happily bought the cop a beer if I ever saw him in a pub ...... it doesnt have to be a bad experiance ) , they lie in court , backstab, manipulate evidence , modify witness statements, plant evidence ................ yet in the very next breath they expect us to fall over ourselves to help them. Go figure

Beee jeeeeesis, I went and took pics of the skidmarks . Hell . Whilst they were not very long , they are there and definately easy to see in the pics. It appears that the end of my front wheel skidmark is 1200mm from his passengers door . His skid mark , although it is in some relatively loosely scattered metal ,on the top of the tarseal , is about 400mm long .( if the loose shyte wasnt there , I'd have to say there wouldnt have been a skid at all ) My front wheel has left a skuff mark about 700mm long. I'd say there wasnt enough weight on the rear to have even left a mark. I know it was locked up however , I was the bugga on the bike !

Attachments

• Copy of Very Near Miss With Police Car 004.jpg
    Copy of Very Near Miss With Police Car 004.jpg
    886.2 KB · Views: 998
  • Very Near Miss With Police Car 003.jpg
    Very Near Miss With Police Car 003.jpg
    829.2 KB · Views: 998
  • Very Near Miss With Police Car 002.jpg
    Very Near Miss With Police Car 002.jpg
    818.9 KB · Views: 998
  • Very Near Miss With Police Car 001.jpg
    Very Near Miss With Police Car 001.jpg
    797.3 KB · Views: 998
Mc Tool , this you wont believe ,The pics tell everything . Wow !!
There sure weren't a lot of options available to me as you can see by the obstacles in my way .
I'm still really spewey about the attitude this clown demonstrated, he could easily have killed me . The pics clearly show where the front of his vehicle was . Leave it to your imagination to place the position of the back end of his car . Yep You guessed right , just like I told him , it was sticking dangerously way out onto the left lane of the highway , in a bloody dangerous position , interestingly , after about 5 minutes of him screaming at me , he then agreed and backed around behind where I had my bike already on the mainstand. This guy is a goof.( doesnt deserve a capital G)
What a bad example of policing . I'm really pleased I went and got the pics , today it's been pouring and I'm sure the whole lot would have been damned hard to find when its sunny again next. He knows I recorded him saying to me that he would have, quote , "run you off the road to stop you ", I asked him to repeat what he'd just said because I thought I was hearing wrong , then the idiot said it again ,but included "run you off the road onto the grass to stop you " , which is different to his first statement and endevouring to reduce the malice . But it doesnt lessen the fact , that's what he was going to do . What's the bet I get prosecuted for writing on the road or something equally as dumb.
I actually feel sorry for him now ,he is going to kill someone , but , if he stops while he's ahead , he wo'nt ,but I also know that with his attitude he aint going to stop, wadda man syndrome eh ?
Thank godddd he wasnt wearing side arms . I wouldaa been shot in both legs before I got off the damn bike !!
Betcha his family dont know this is how he does policing during his time at work. They probably think he's cool.
If I get the chance I'll bring them uop to speed about their husband , father , son .
I havnt finished with this yet.I'll keep you up to date here .
Regards Supaflee

Maybe a tiny permanent recording camera may be the only line of defense against this kind of "to serve and protect" supremacy.
When police behavior becomes as dangerous as criminal behavior, then,
where's the difference?
The Law may be flawless (let's suppose so) but if the guy enforcing the Law is a Flaw all by himself, then what's to be expected by the Citizen?

Guys,

I'd just like to say that the actions of this one New Zealand officer was out of line. That said, don't let one bad apple spoil your view of police officers. As in any group of people, there a good ones, and not so good ones. Yes, this type of action should be reported and the officer properly disciplined, or relieved of patrol duty and put on a desk until he received remedial training. On any department I am familiar with (I was a police officer for eighth years, two town forces and military police) this behavior would not be tolerated.

Unfortunately there are many bad apples over here as well but the biggest problem here and I suppose in general is that good apples play the blind apples on their bad fellow apples so we are left only with luck on who we may encounter, one of the great or regular guys or one of the disgracing the uniform ones. It is hard not to slide into a big messy politically biased debate.
What troubles me is that in various degrees it seems to be a global problem and of course it reminds me of this fun video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te0V71sGoxA :silly:

I know there are good cops out there ( and Ive met a few over the years :lol: ) but I think the real problem is that this is the sort of job that attracts cowardly bullies and power crazy thugs . It gives them the ideal oppertunity to apply their "needs " on the general public and plenty to hide behind if things should get a little tough for them ( like getting caught )
I dunno supaflea ,If this had happened to me ( again ....yeah , been there ... got done for careless use for riding onto a footpath whilst trying to avoid a out of control police car ) and I was able to gather some evidence ..... well on the face of it I think you have good grounds for complaint .It might be worth trying to find out if he is a local cop or an out of towner as they are not above a bit of revenge harrassment.And to those who say things like " dont let one bad apple ... bla bla bla " problem is it aint just one , biggest gang in the country. Over the years I have had 4 friends who either joined the police or were already policemen , 2 eventually left in disgust, 1 retired and we dont talk to the other one anymore .
Ive been watching ( on TV ) british m/cycle cops policing thier roads and these guys seem to have a much better attitude all round than some of ours :)

For those without previous exposure:

[youtube]BHjjF55M8JQ[/youtube]

[youtube]QNcDGqzAB30[/youtube]

[youtube]kQkQh6ss0rE[/youtube]

Wow , slipknot . Im not sure whats worse , a cop that jumps out of a car then pulls a pistol on the rider , or a cop that cuts a motorcycle off , and then states how he was going to run him off the road . ( stated and recorded twice by Officer ACH674 )
In both cases , the life of the rider was in the hands of the cop.
Sooner or later someone on a bike is going to get killed .......again in New Zealand.
We dont have the same laws as Mariland us . I will be mounting my DVR .
Ive looked at the pics of my incident a few times and still cringe when I see them . The sign and marker peg would certainly have busted my legs if he'd done what he said he was going to do .
The jerk cop would not have done this to me if I'd been a log truck with 42 tonnes of load on the back .
Just a mongrel bully . Thats what he is .
Regards Supaflee.

Mc Tool said:
... problem is it aint just one , biggest gang in the country. Over the years I have had 4 friends who either joined the police or were already policemen , 2 eventually left in disgust, 1 retired and we dont talk to the other one anymore .
I'll be quoting that in personal conversations in the future - had a big laugh reading this accurate description of how the normal people ratio goes south in the particular group.

Ive just recieved an acknowlegement of complaint email, from the Independent Police Complaints Authority here in New Zealand.
I'll keep you informed of anything further as it comes to hand .
Regards Supaflee.

Please do - most I would hear here on a similar situation would be a big laugh coming from some extreme right groups should pressure be applied be the almost-victim.

Now Im really spewing .
I recieved an official reply from the IPCA who say they have given concideration to my complaint and feel that it is best handled at branch level and that a police officer will be making contact with me shortly.
Goddammitt, this is the exect reason I contacted the IPCA.
It seems to me , that seeing how I survived a near death incident , for some reason it doesnt warrant the IPCA taking the matter seriously . I COULD HAVE DIED .
I want policy changed . Not some mamby pamby cop coming to interview me . I know what theyll try to do , Make me feel that I was in the wrong somehow .
There's been no reference to the photos .
The police must not cut off Motorcyclists . I feel very strong about this . It is wrong that a motorcyclists life can be juggled with during a police stop . For christsakes I wasnt aiming a bloody shotgun at the idiot !!
How would any cop like me to cut them off and stop with skidding wheels , if they were on a motorcycle and me in a car ??
Regards Supaflee

Have you considered contacting Media (television, radio, or newspapers) to see if they want to follow your complaint? This will really stir the pot if they take up your story. :evil:

If this "policy" is in place for long there must have been victims that probably some reporter could dig out from the tv station or newspaper's archives and be glad to have a story with you talking about this on screen.
With some assistance from motorcycle clubs or your AMA(?) you could start something there, if you can bother the whole fuss, and probably save a fellow motorcyclist in the future from all this.

Thanks for all the support there Dudes .
All Im seeking is a change in the acceptable way in which a Police Patrol Car will stop Motorcyclists with out risk of death to the rider.
Im going to wait and see what the "interviewer" says when he comes to me.
Regards Supaflee

Back