Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Guzzi Steve riders hill

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by duc, Jun 4, 2013.

1. duc

duc Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Hey he would not say anything but thought anyone needing service on there Guzzi's in that area
    remember Steve works commission it don't pay when there is no work.Keep Guzzi steve working he is tne best and a great guy.

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Yes he is. But that is true of anyone working on flat rate, motorcycle or car mechanic.

3. Tazio

Tazio Tuned and Synch'ed

Gratuitous shot of my '70 Ambo (Johnny Cash)...
    Absolutely !!
    The guy is a guzzi encyclopedia !! Rider's is VERY fortunate, and so are we !

Attached Files:

4. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT di Razza Pura

Thanks all for the kind words, but unfortunately they decided to get rid of me. Their loss, they went for cheaper unexperienced personnel. If you need work done, keep me in mind.
    For those w/GT-RX reflashed ECU, PCV, Autotune, I do have this set-up on my puter for installation and adjusting. Was trying to promote this set-up for best running Guzzi's
    You can reach me here through messages or on WG through a PM, thank you for your support.
    Steve

5. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Steve, sorry to hear this, but seems to be status quo these days. Drop in often if you can, and I'll keep sending folks your way in the Southeast area. Head up.

6. Pascal

Pascal Cruisin' Guzzisti

Well, there goes another dealer...WTF?? What kind of business move is that?
    Sorry to hear that Steve :( :(
    We need more of you guys, not less!
    Is Ian gonna go as well?
    Errrrrrrrrrh!

7. flip

flip Tuned and Synch'ed

Steve, I'm sorry to hear they let you go. I really appreciated you staying late one day back in the spring to get my Breva 1100 in top running condition.

Thanks,
    Phil

8. wittangamo

wittangamo Cruisin' Guzzisti

The good news is, Steve will still work on your bike -- only cheaper than the dealer. He just perfected my Griso -- and taught me some basic maintenance skills in the process.

9. jim dodge

jim dodge Just got it firing!

Does anyone have a contact for guzzisteve?
    Jim Dodge

10. GTM®

He's V700Steve above. Direct email; Iguzzisteve at aol.com

11. roadscum

roadscum Cruisin' Guzzisti

Regardless of the situation between Steve and Riders Hill they, Riders Hill is, and will remain to be, an excellent place to do business. Also a great place to hang out and chat with other like minded riders over a coffee or a bite from their cafe.

Paul

12. Pascal

Pascal Cruisin' Guzzisti

LOL, funny I talked to David at sales today and he said the place is changing ownership as well with less inventory...
    How can you be so sure that it will remain an excellent place to do business?

While on the phone, I asked to talk to the mechanics and asked if the later roller tappet set up would retrofit on my 09 Griso without messing with the heads and all... "Let me do some research and I'll call you back in a couple of days" was the answer I got, lol. That's just great!
    Steve would f**** know that answer, mmmmkay.
    So there goes the "Still an excellent place to do business" concept.

Now Steve might be a pain as an employee or whatever, we'll never know but you can't replace knowledge with BS stories.

13. GTM®

Even the best intentions/money make life impossible sometimes... you know how to make a million in the Guzzi business? Start with two million.
    :pinch:

14. Pascal

Pascal Cruisin' Guzzisti

I'm aware that having skills doesn't mean that you're the easiest person to deal with and in fact, some skilled people can become full of themselves and become pricks to anyone that work with them regardless of ranks etc...
    The opposite is also true, co.workers can be abrasive/jealous towards someone with knowledge and make the working place a nightmare.
    I could be wrong but I don't think that Steve was into either of those scenarios.
    He said they wanted cheaper labor and I kinda believe that, not a rare move from employers but a mistake IMO.

Anyway my tappets went to shat last week and I'm on the fence on how to go about fixing the bike...
    I need infos first.

15. ghezzi

ghezzi High Miler GT Contributor

Just adding to Todd's comment on how to make a small fortune out of a motorcycle business, start with a large fortune.

The story below makes for an interesting read, apart from the success with HP.
    http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/bmwR1100.html

Scroll to the bottom and read the section in italics, OUCH!

16. Pascal

Pascal Cruisin' Guzzisti

Thanks for the read ghezzi.
    I have a somewhat similar experience with custom work that I do for people that turn out to be idiots...
    As soon as I start any job, the meter start running too. I ain't working for free.

17. Norm Brown

Norm Brown Just got it firing!

Well Steve, it's Norm Brown and I've done it again. Went to check the TPS and now I have no power - none. Any ideas? anyone?
    N

18. Norm Brown

PS: your advice is valuable, please bill me.
    N

19. ginkgo

ginkgo Tuned and Synch'ed

I can vouch for RB Racing. I had an H-D Sportster that I built into a cafe racer and ordered RB's custom exhaust in black. Fit perfectly and made surprising power gains. It also was very, very loud!

Norm

20. Norm Brown

Do we have 2 Norms here?