Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Guzzi won't stand behind product

Discussion in 'Canada & Alaska' started by Dan Windsor, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Dan Windsor

Dan Windsor Just got it firing!

I have a 2013 Norge, second owner with 8500k. Bought from the Ottawa Dealer. WAS very happy with it.
    In the fall of 16' with 15000k the camshaft gear fell off! The Guelph dealer said it was clear that they didn't originally loctite the cam gear bolts. Too much vino at lunch in the factory I guess. Anyways, Piaggio said sorry, as I have no record of a 10K valve adjustment they won't even consider a goodwill warranty. Looking at a $4k + repair. Someone explain how a thou off the clearance makes up for some idiot at the factory not doing his job? Nice to know they stand behind their product. (by the way, the Ottawa dealer said it was serviced and ready to go when bought). Hope to maybe get it back this week_7 months later!

Anyone have a name to complain to at their head office? Anyone have the presidents email? Tried customer care and its clear that even when the factory trained mechanics tell them the cause of the problem they just look for a way to weasel out of taking care of the customer. Thinking I should have bought that R1200RT.

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

It may take more than one try to get a claim approved. Work with the dealer and see if you can get some help. Last resort is the dreaded lawyer route.

3. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Or try a different dealer. Sometimes just getting the ear of one that wants you to keep riding a Guzzi, as opposed to just pilfering $ out of you, makes a difference.

4. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

8 valve motor? Was it converted to roller tappets or did it come from the factory that way?
    Not sure how the dealer can tell that it was not loctited from the factory, but it is possible.
    I agree that having a dealer that is motivated to make it right is key, but that can be hard to come by.

5. Bill Hagan

Bill Hagan GT Reference GT Famiglia

Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
    Can feel your pain ... well as much as a sympathetic fellow Guzzista can.

And, what the others say -- minus John's comment about "dreaded lawyers." :D

Seriously, at some point, if the other suggestions don't work, skim this to see if it might provide some relief:

https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/courts/guides/Guide_to_Making_a_Claim_EN.html

Without knowing the processes "up nawth" at all, It has been my observation -- [DISCLAIMER!] in the U.S. -- that big companies have registered agents who, though often law firms, pay inadequate attention to small-claims-court filings. That leads to failure to appear, which can lead to default judgment. Courts sometimes decline to revisit default judgments caused by carelessness.

Whatever the process, buon fortuna.

Bill

6. bcls482

bcls482 Just got it firing! GT Contributor

Dan Windsor:

What happened to your claim?

7. Raven

Raven High Miler GT Famiglia

I'd like to know also.
    The Ottawa dealer, Kolman's Wheelsport is getting out of the Guzzi business. They didn't want to do the rear suspension wishbone recall on my Norge when I called a couple of weeks ago. They're selling off the last of their bikes some as old as 2015 and then they're done. I assume slow sales must be the reason.

8. farmboy460

farmboy460 Tuned and Synch'ed

. You should be able to see locktite in the threads of bolts. You can also taste it! I would recommend against that but if you have ever held a bolt in your mouth while you are putting another one in you can taste locktite. Lol.

9. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

Sure, but if someone has worked on it previously all that is out the window. Again, how would you be able to tell it was not loctited at the factory? It is one thing to see if there is loctite on the bolts, but another to know where the loctite was or was not applied.

10. farmboy460

farmboy460 Tuned and Synch'ed

Ok your choice the factory or the dealer did not put locktite on the boots.