Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Head-scratcher - '21 HD Sportster S

Discussion in 'Dumpster Fire' started by GTM®, Jul 14, 2021.

1. tobinh

tobinh Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

my preference is for air-cooled bikes with two valves per cylinder... but just because I'm lazy and prefer to simplify my maintenance requirements as much as possible.

I certainly hope Guzzi finds a way forward, though, and I can't imagine that will be with air-cooled engines.

Louisv97 likes this.
  2. Louisv97

Louisv97 Cruisin' Guzzisti

That motor with the drag pipes they installed on their streetfighter concept ascended me to another plane. I wasn't even impressed by the horsepower, it was the torque on that thing. jesus christ torque everywhere!
    The baby block had so much potential. Too bad they had to close the doors.

3. Mayakovski

Mayakovski High Miler GT Famiglia

OMG, I would be first in line for something like that. I got the chance to ride a Motus once a few years ago and WOW, what a machine.

4. tobinh

tobinh Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

didn't we start this thread commenting about how unnecessary all that horsepower is? :think:

Louisv97 likes this.
  5. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Indeed.

Louisv97 likes this.
  6. buzglyd

buzglyd Cruisin' Guzzisti

I don’t mind the looks of the new Sportster but the 2 inches of travel is just crazy. H-D will have many different version off this platform and I would expect some kind of roadster like the Indian FTR.

7. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque Scott Mastrocinque GT Famiglia

It's not about horsepower however, if you have to build a water cooled motorcycle to meet Euro 5, why not make the leap into the v4 territory where you can have it all, power, torque, performance, reliability, quietness, and a direct link to your history? IDK. Just fun ideas really.

GTM® likes this.
  8. Sasazuka

Sasazuka Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

That new Sportster doesn't do anything for me at all in the looks department. I didn't see any negative comments in YouTube. It was all rave reviews. I I don't like the aesthetics of the new motor, no character to it.

I've always had a soft spot for Buells. Seeing that nakeds have been so popular lately I thought that might be a good avenue for HD to explore. But I guess their sales team knows more than I do.

I wonder if something like a Yamaha MT01 would be more popular today than when it first came out. I'd definitely find some more space in my garage if they did.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    Mayakovski likes this.
  9. James Weed

James Weed Just got it firing! GT Contributor

My first Harley Davidson was a used 1981 Sportster from the end of the AMF era. I had no problems with it and it was a good introduction to riding larger motorcycles. A few years later I bought a 1985 FXST new and rode it to the ground. I took a few years off due to nagging health issues, sold the Softail and have just gotten back into riding. I bought a used 2016 Stone and am I’m glad I did. It’s much lighter and the power is fine for the riding I want to do. While the 2021 Sportster looks like a fine bike, I wonder if it’s really an entry level bike for someone moving up in bike size like my old Sportster was? Does Harley Davidson really have a basic entry level motorcycle for the newer rider now? And call me old fashioned, but I wonder if all of the plugs and adaptors for the riders electronics on the new Sportster are a step forward or just an unnecessary distraction for the rider who already has a lot to juggle? And if one of these parts fail, does this become a tech nightmare? I’m all for modern tech for safety and reliability and I appreciate fuel injection vs. the carburetor that was on my Softail). So I wish Harley Davidson all the best with the new Sportster and I’ll be curious how things are going in a couple of years with the company