• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Healtech Gear Indicator

Ray1150

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Famiglia
Changed to a healtech gear indicator today, very neat unit.
If you want to plumb one in take off the fairing so that you get get at the ecu's.
Then on the blue ecu find the white and grey lead and join the white wire to it.
Find the white wire on the rpm pick up (lead plug is just below the ecu's) and connect the green wire to that.
Red needs a switched live, I used the black and red wire going to the blue ecu.
Black needs to be earthed.
They give you snap connectors for joining the leads.
As you've probably noticed if the rear wheel is off the ground the speedo doesn't work so just ride the bike round the block to program the gears.
I know you don't NEED a gear indicator but it's something I've fitted on my other bikes and got used to. This is a much neater unit than the old Acumen which was not sensitive enough to pick up the speedo signal.

Intresting post, I last tried to fit a Digi gear indicator to an 8v 1200 Sport a few years ago and couldn't get it to work so gave up, I would like one on my Griso so do you think the Healtech unit is now different to the older ones?

Yes, the old Acumen unit didn't pick up the signal pulse from the speedo sensor and so had to be set up like a cable speedo with tiny magnets in the disc and a sensor hidden under the front mudguard. I actually went down to Andover to see Acumen and they couldn't have been more helpful.
Like everything the technology has got better.

Got a acumen dg8 on mine picks up the road speed ok on the new 8v but had to use injector pulse for engine speed , cps is to high frequency for dg8 to deal with works well the white one matches the new dash nicely and works ok stops me looking for 7th

Thanks for your help with wire locations Ray, the Gipro came super quick and it's fitted and working, I fitted it to my Griso but the basic wire colours were the same as the Stelvio, nice to see the unit is smaller than the old one so easier to mount.

Glad it was useful to someone.
Just taken the shock off and sent it to MH Racing to upgrade the spring.
New thread soon...............

Changed to a healtech gear indicator today, very neat unit.
If you want to plumb one in take off the fairing so that you get get at the ecu's.
Then on the blue ecu find the white and grey lead and join the white wire to it.
Find the white wire on the rpm pick up (lead plug is just below the ecu's) and connect the green wire to that.
Red needs a switched live, I used the black and red wire going to the blue ecu.
Black needs to be earthed.
They give you snap connectors for joining the leads.
As you've probably noticed if the rear wheel is off the ground the speedo doesn't work so just ride the bike round the block to program the gears.
I know you don't NEED a gear indicator but it's something I've fitted on my other bikes and got used to. This is a much neater unit than the old Acumen which was not sensitive enough to pick up the speedo signal.

I would like to install gear indicator on my 2014 stelvio ntx but I am not sure the wiring for rpm and sped pickup and location of ecu as your describing. Can you help it will be healtech

Back