• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Heli-Bars for Moto Guzzi Norge...

radguzzi

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
The good people at Heli-Modified have designed and built a replacement handle bar configuration for the Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 GT.

I have ridden the Guzzi for about 1500 miles over the past month with the new bars installed; I wanted to be able to talk to the change with some analysis behind the new set up. I had spent the entire first year riding over 14K miles and I was ready for a change.

This new higher and set back bar system has made a huge difference in the control and comfort of the rider and greatly improves the seating position over stock.

The bar risers are a beautifully crafted modular system that brings the bars up, back and change the angle to be a more neutral for the rider’s wrists. This improvement actually gives me greater feel for the overall handling of the motorcycle while offering improved leverage allowing good steady and even aggressive cornering. The new configuration makes this motorcycle into a real Sport-Touring rig and more fun to ride.

Due to the rearward swept replacement riser stalks the new set up also does not require changing any control cables or hydraulic clutch and brake hoses which is a huge factor in any modification.

Very nicely done modification, the fit and finish is top notch.

I tentatively enjoyed the Norge struggling to get comfortable with it before the change to the new bars as I knew there was something not quite right about the stock set up. It took Heli to figure it out.

This addition of the new bars makes the package much more comfortable and again, the confidence in control is noticeable.

In addition to an excellent product, the good people at Heli-Modified were all very pleasant to talk with, I was given the facility tour which is really impressive. I am a bit of a gear head, amateur machinist and manufacturing buff and this was a real treat to me seeing where the work is done and the machines that the engineers perform the work on. The entire staff is always ready with a helpful voice on the other end of the line and in person, so cheerful and helpful that it made the entire experience one I will remember for some time. In fact, I would highly recommend a visit as well as the use of these awesome Heli-Modified bar systems.

Thanks to all at Heli. I will inform all of the Guzzi community of this great improvement for the now perfect Norge GT.

So, if you want more information and pricing on the new Heli-Bars for the Norge contact Jennifer at:

Phone: 207-625-4642
Fax: 207-625-3024
www.helibars.com

Best,
Rob D

-2007 Moto Guzzi Norge 1200GT

norgehelibars005mediumb.jpg

norgehelibars025medium.jpg

norgehelibars023medium.jpg

norgehelibars014medium.jpg

norgehelibars009medium.jpg

norgehelibars006medium.jpg

g®eg wrote:
Rob,

how tall are you?
how's the new windshield test coming?

:)

Hey gr®g,
About 5'-8" and shrinking.... :laugh:

I have not purchased the CalSci screen yet. I was waiting for the Heli mod to be installed and go from there. I think I will calculate which one I need and get it coming. The narrow top of the stock screen is just silly. The CalSci screen will hopefully help get rid of some helmet noise as well as help out the passenger, Sue complains about wind noise back there. I also am thinking that a buffeting strip that goes on My helmet will help that but that is another story....

More later,
Rob

ah ok.
5'8" and shrinking.. we I know the shrinking thing as I figure I have been carrying the world on my shoulders for a while now.. but that's another story. It does explain the difference in our reach though (I'm 6'2").

I need to get up Maine way at some point so you can show me 'round.

B)

I got in touch with Heli
$329 :eek:hmy:
They certainly aren't cheap are they!

One pays premium for that flowing, organic look? :silly:

Seriously, that's for the pair? I have a hunch the Guzzi risers aren't going to be much cheaper!

Quality looks good. Can you post a pic from the drivers view? Also maybe some dimensions between pre and post. Ball park. thanks

thanks for sharing the fine pics of your risers. I looked at the heli-bar website but found nothing about Guzzi. In any event Rob. how much rise and back does the riser give? Also, will these fit my 07 breva 1100 ? the top clamp looks the same but without the dressy center cap. Looks as though it would, but want your opinion. I am vertically challenged and a bit short armed compared to Italian riders apparently. They may cost an arm and a leg, but if it relieves some of the wrist and neck pain it would worth it to me. Thanks for your time, Max

They are a nice piece of work, but at that price i'll stick with my pile of washers under the handlebar clamps!
If i get some shed time free i might have a bash at making something similar in steel.
It won't have that fancy look about it though!
Definitely more industrial :laugh:

Brian UK wrote:
Max, the Norge and Breva 11/12 are the same, so these bars will fit.

Correct...

AZ_120 wrote:
Quality looks good. Can you post a pic from the drivers view? Also maybe some dimensions between pre and post. Ball park. thanks

I'll do a couple more photos that show the wrist angle, or lack of actually and take a couple of measurements and you can compare that to your stock set up. Seems to me Harry told me that were slightly narrower however, the changed angle actually seems like more leverage.
Back later...
rd

thanks to both you and radguzzi. this is going to make a big difference for me. max :woohoo:

You say "up and back"

How does that affect hand protection from the fairing? Are your hands in the windblast?

$US329 plus probably US$50 freight is around 500 Pacifc Pesos, which I would be willing to spend for a better hand angle (the current bars are giving me wrist and elbow problems if I'm not careful) but I'm not sure I want to give up the fairing's hand protection.

Is there any way you can measure the new location of the grips? HOw much up and how much back? Be good to get an idea of just where my hands and torso would be.

Zebee

Got a nice bonus from work this year, so bought a set.

I'm glad I did! Fitted easily, the instructions are clear. (You do need a Very Long allen key socket extension though...)

High build quality. I'm still a but unsure aesthetically, it's not quite fitting the rest of the bike but I'll get over that.

Only had a short couple of rides on it, but the different hand position is much more comfortable.

My hands are mostly out of the wind. Previously the little finger and sometimes ring finger was in the wind and that was obvious (and cold....). Now a quick ride without gloves confirms that the top of the hand is a little in the wind but not enough to really notice.

Not sure on the looks but I think the curve is what allows no cable/wire/hose changes.

While the price is a bit high it is in line with the $170US for the 1-1/2" risers that just move the bars up and require removal of the cover in the center.

Having spent 1973-1993 working at a Honda dealership I see the price as about where I expected it to be. Now I have to figure how to swing a set.

Very nice post with the pictures, Thanks.

Back