• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

How far do you ride ?

What kind of riding and distances do you commonly and occasionally do ?

• Local rides and commuting 10 - 45 miles/ 16 - 75 km

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Short day rides < 100 miles / 160 km & Local rides and commuting 10 - 50 miles/ 16 - 80 km

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Short day rides < 100 miles / 160 km only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Longer day rides + 200 miles / 320km & Local rides and commuting 10 - 50 miles/ 16 - 80 km

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Short day rides < 100 miles / 160 km & Longer day rides + 200 miles / 320km

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Longer day rides + 200 miles / 320km only

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Multi day touring & Local rides and commuting 10 - 50 miles/ 16 - 80 km

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Multi day touring only

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • All of the above !

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • All of - Multi day touring & Long and Short Local rides and commuting

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
i’m 4/5 hours from the mountains. roads around augusta are flat and boring. I do most of my riding out of town.

For me, commuting is typically 25-35 minutes each way with multiple weather-dependent rides each week. Longer rides for fun are 1-2 times per month and they’re almost always late at night and under 2 hours.

As you can see by my preferred units of measurement, available time takes priority over travel distance. Even with commuting, the route I take and distance travelled is based on how much time I have to get to work or return home at that point in the day.

I don’t even know how many kilometers my work is from home. I’ll have to google that some day…

Well, given the above, I too, commute to work in the warm months but it’s just a 7 mile scooter ride.

I do ride my MP3 everywhere getting parts and supplies. When I have to run to Toledo sometimes, that’s great fun but just mostly 30 miles of I-75 with some pretty surface street neighborhoods but you can always find me having lunch at Sidon Restaurant for their awesome Lebanese food. 😆

It’s just actually fun rides, those have been lacking the last 2 years but this next year, it is a priority for me. 👍😁

No, I wouldn’t. Piaggio actually makes an all electric scooter.

I just don’t buy into the EV hyperbole.

It’s all smoke and mirrors and unnecessary to me. Besides, EV’s are BORING.

I ride for pleasure.

I adore combustion engines of all kinds. Motorcycles, cars, boats, aircraft, even tiny model engines of which I am looking forward to building as a hobby in my retirement.

I will never own an EV. I’ll give up riding and driving before then.

Yes - I have seen the Vespa E - Cute - but it was priced More than my V7 !

There is indeed a Lot of Smoke and mirror BS - surrounding the Ev story that they are trying to blow up our &$$.
But that doesn't mean that an Electric vehicle wouldn't be appropriate / usable / applicable / useful " Some places"

Just like my Gas powered Weed Wacker / Tree trimmer / Leaf Blower / Vacum / Roto Tiller vs. the Electric Blower and Trimmer vs. the Hand Branch clippers - they all have jobs they do ...

If you were deaf and lost your Clutch hand ( like the Fella my Son purchased a Yamaha Mt-07 from )
All the Fun / Not Boring-ness of riding a motorcycle would still be there...
You just could not hear it, but the twist of the throttle and carving through the corners would still provide the *same* thrill - MINUS all the Fun Noise and Gear shifting...

Sorry - Riding a Motorcycle will never be Boring regardless / because of it's method of propulsion :)
unless Mr Copiceman is Following you...

Last edited:
As is so often the case, I am late to this party.

WRT the poll, I voted for the last, but even that wasn't quite right. As a retired guy -- my best job so far :giggle: -- I only "commute"to the Moto Grappa, which is just down the hill from the house, so I walk.

I have taken numerous overnight trips, but most have been in the <2000-mile r/t, not "See you in Ushuaia" sort.

I also enjoy local rides, especially on the Stornello, which lets me find new off-pavment roads without needing to stray hundreds of miles from home.

On the EV side trip the thread has taken, my first reaction was that I've had an EV for over 20 years! :rofl:

i-zgGztMT-L.jpg

But, while I am an unabashed ICEophile -- well, except for the sort that led to our generator kicking on yesterday. That will lead to the $1000+ visit from Mr. Propane in the next few days.

i-4j3PBCG-L.jpg

Propane is an exceptionally expensive way to "make" electricity. :worried:

But, ah, EV's.

Kathi, who finds the number of cup holders in a car to be more important than dyno charts, and is not especially charmed by the sound of an iconic mid-'50's American auto burbling or roaring, was, aside from the eco charms -- don't go there; I understand and agree :swear: -- recently astonished by an EV.

We were on the Penn Turnpike on yet another of our "eldercare commutes" to Erie. Traffic was, as it usually is unless a crash-caused meltdown into a parking lot, thick but moving in the upper '70's+ mph.

I then noticed in my RVM -- Kathi only uses that item to apply make-up :makeup: -- a fast-mover approaching way back in the stream.

Could not ID it, but, while not quite aggressive, the car was being handled in a purposeful "GetOuttaMyWay" manner. As we were in our 2020 Fit, I rarely get in the left lane, and never get the red mist and challenge those folks. So, I only observed the event with some interest.

The coming car was a top-of-the-line Tesla driven by someone who knew how to handle a vehicle but could have used some Tension Tamer tea. :giggle:

It passed on our left, then, stymied by the lane bandit just ahead, ripped into our lane and lighted its afterburner.

Sacred Fecal Matter! Even Kathi noticed and was amazed. It was if we were in a DC-3 and were buzzed by an F-35! :eek:

One moment, it was there; the next ... history. Truly impressive.

Now, for a more mundane EV (of a sort) note.

Kathi is a treehugger. She isn't obnoxious about it, but is nonetheless fervent. Personally, I enjoy seeing Greta dab away tears :D, but I'm an asshat. But, as I am married to saintly Kathi, I like to please her. So, when our aging Cub Cadet garden tractor starting costing more time and money in maddening maintenance, I bought a zero-turn.

i-JDP5xW8-L.jpg

I have to say, that despite my doubts, it's been pretty good in all respects.

OTOH, a smallish ICE, albeit possibly diesel, Kubota is my future ... before those need battery packs, too. :cry:

Bill

As of today you legally can't ride in Quebec anyways. I know you really wanted to though!:eek:

I never knew they would have such a law. I guess it makes sense for 2 wheeled motorcycles. It probably is totally treacherous up there right now.

You must have Tires with a SnowFlake on the Sidewall !
As the sign of an * Real * Winter Tire :wasntme:

( and they Moved the Goal posts - Winter Tire Day was Dec 1st this year.)

Last edited:
I ride my Ural sidecar rig in the winter. It stays upright all on its own! She's Russian anyway and loves the snow.

My Lawn mower is getting long in the tooth and starting to rust through the deck in a couple of places - so I was looking at the EV's but they are Wacky priced more that twice what a ICE one would cost..
( I dont need a John Deer for 800 Sq /f of grass )
and the Batteries are like 300$ !!!

I'll be pushing this one around till it crumbles into the lawn..

Indeed Bill, they'll be checking when your in a fender bender or in a ditch ;

Or maybe those Dog’s that chase cars are checking the date of manufacture, and the load ratings and turning us in!

Correct me if I'm wrong , but doesn't Quebec also require all 4 wheels to be snow tires ? Pretty much
the same here in B.C . If you bring your car in for snow tires you get all 4 or nothing , but , take them
off yourself and bring in a couple of wheels and they'll gladly install 2 snow tires .

Yes 4 snow tires in Quebec. When I was a kid, everybody only had snows on the back. When we got a 1980 Pontiac Phoenix, Canadian Tire put the snow tires on the back. One problem...it was front wheel drive. Kinda rare even in 1980.

Once the snow melts and the roads are dry/ above 50 degrees I start riding.
And living in the Black Hills of South Dakota I have everything to ride.
From Iron Moutain road to HWY 385 to tons of offroad trails.
Never dull here, gonna make it to Devils Tower this summer as haven't been
there in a few years....

Back