Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

How many of us are there on this forum?

Discussion in 'Australia/New Zealand' started by GrahamNZ, May 23, 2009.

1. HutchNZ

HutchNZ Just got it firing!

Areeeeeebaaaa Taranaki NZ...onto the 3rd 1200 sport..I went back to a 2 valve after trashing the 4 valve in a bad way.

2. P15ta

P15ta Just got it firing!

I'm here in Sydney

3. jeff james

jeff james Just got it firing!

Hi Jeff here from Brisbane.Just joined .I had a 2012 v7 special.A pretty little bike.But it had its quirkie problmes.
    Sat on the new vspecial 3 what a Change.its like a new bike.and no quirks.
    Going back to Sun state to purchase in future.

4. redrockmania

redrockmania Just got it firing!

First Guzzi 1977 Lemans Mk1 (Red) purchased from Don Newell when they were in Fortitude Valley area of Brisbane, Queensland. Remarkable machine. Regret selling it.
    ...but 2010 purchased a 1997 Daytona RS in Auckland NZ. The most engaging motorcycle I have ever ridden. The engine note, dynamics and aesthetics of the machine are intoxicating. I have lived in Australia since 1977, but try to get to NZ once a year and enjoy the Daytona. Usually travel from Australia to Auckland with a suitcase full of bits for the Daytona. Most ambitious part in suitcase was a complete rear wheel rim - NZ Customs are vary kind - never had a problem. Would have liked to have brought the Daytona to Oz but crazy motorcycle import restrictions. There is no motorcycle manufacturing industry to protect here but anything built after I think it is a specific date in 1987 is virtually impossible to import and road register. Current other machinery: 2015 Triumph Tiger 800 XCX; 2009 Husqvarna TE610ie; 2007 Kawasaki Super Sherpa; 1986 BMW K100RS; 1983 BMW K100RS with many K1 Panels fitted (Imported from Japan)
    Machinery owned in NZ before 1977: 250 twin Triumph Tigress motor scooter (most powerful scooter of its time); Honda ST90; AJS350 single; Kawasaki 350 S2 Triple; Kawasaki 750H2 Triple

Moto Guzzi's are a delight to own and work on. With effort you can always find parts.

John L likes this.
  5. Jeffro

Jeffro Just got it firing!

Have had a ‘12 Stelvio in the shed since early March, bought it in Sydney and rode it back to Rockhampton in 20 hrs (couldn’t find accomodation that time of night). Should have registered with Iron Butt beforehand.Anyway, just saying hello and won’t have it back on the road till rollerisation done. Parts orders from Motomoda in Bungendore,
    Pete seems like a very affable fellow having corresponded with him a couple of times.Don’t mind doing a few kms, wife & I flew over to Perth & bought a Rocket 3 Tourer late ‘15 and rode it back in 11 days . Was a truly remarkable trip, looking forward to doing the Nullarbor again soon.
    Have difficulty culling the herd, at present have 4 out of 8 registered and insured in the shed .I tend to spread it around a bit , 3 Kawasaki, 1 Yamaha, 2 Triumphs,1 Harley & a Moto Guzzi.
    I reckon “You have to try all the different flavours “
    Like to hear from like minded souls.
    Cheers Jeff

John L likes this.
  6. aussiedave

aussiedave Tuned and Synch'ed

Welcome Jeff , and Hi to you all on this thread.

Jeff, get used to having a least one Guzzi in your stable from now on. They are addictive and can breed like rabbits before you know it.
    see above messages
    i also have 2 yamahhahas and a couple of old brit bikes as well as my Italian mistresses. The Italians dont mind you having more than one mistress !! Thats why they invented Guzzis .

also when traveling , you will find a Guzzi enthusiast in all kinds of places ....most likely when you really need one !!

Dave - in Adelaide
    Moto Guzzi Appreciation Fraternity
    " we're da Frats "

John L likes this.
  7. kenrover

kenrover Just got it firing!

....and me. Motueka, NZ. Kia ora!

8. Smartleynz

Smartleynz Tuned and Synch'ed

Whose going to the Tattely Rappett at Whakaapa this weekend?

9. Gary Taylor

Gary Taylor Just got it firing!

I'm new here . Just joined . Picking up a 2009 Breva 1200 on the weekend. Located in South West Victoria on a farm out of Portland

John L likes this.
  10. pseudo LM

pseudo LM Just got it firing!

G'day , Old newbie in outback NSW with a '74 850T, I have fond memories of the LM1 I owned 30 years ago.
    Tiny

John L likes this.
  11. aussiedave

aussiedave Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi Gary,
    You will find this an excellent forum for all knowledge needed. Especially on 4 valve heads !
    Are you ex Adelaide ?
    If so then hows the V7 and Commando ? Still got em ? Ive still got mine + a 2005 Breva 1100
    Havent seen you for 20 years I reckon ?
    The Guzzi fraternity and the Vic Guzzi Owners catch up in Penola every two years - see you there in 2020 eh?
    Dave R in Adelaide

12. Gary Taylor

Gary Taylor Just got it firing!

Hi Dave

I'm Not who you think . Not from Adelaide . Thanks for the Welcome too mate.

Gary

13. Bigbear

Bigbear Cruisin' Guzzisti

I'm on here occasionally Graham as I like to add miles & smiles.
    I know we have a bloody lot of Guzzi' s here but somehow I think the Aussies outnumber us on Guzzitech.

14. William Horne

William Horne Just got it firing! GT Famiglia

Newbie here In Tauranga NZ, finally bought a Guzzi after a long time with Ducatis. Just didn't like the Belt drive bikes once I sold the Bevel. Have a 03 Cali Stone, was planning to change the styling but bugger me if the thing isn't growing on me. Love the relaxed torquey engine.

15. Naked Dave

Naked Dave Just got it firing!

Hi Kiwi Bro's. I have a coupe of Guzzi's. Based in Wellington.

David

16. Bigbear

Hi William,
    Im in Papamoa so feel free to call any time o212010231
    Using the holidays to finish build of my "belt" cam 4Valve Guzzi.
    Certainly more challenging than the venrable 2valve thats for sure!

17. Bigbear

Hi Naked Dave
    Great to hear, & you've got some great hills worth traversing to boot.
    Good to see more kiwi's here.
    Bigbear

18. Bigbear

Hiya Hutch,
    That sounds ominus - did it lunch itself or did you throw it away?

19. Kevin.NZ

Kevin.NZ Cruisin' Guzzisti

Hi Bigbear, I still have my 2007 Breva 1100, I often drive to Omokoroa from Howick, I'll give you a call next time I'm down that way if thats ok.

20. Bigbear

Hi Kevin,
    Small world, I lived at Beachlands for years, suppose you know the Clevedon / Hunua roads to travel down thereby missing all the Auckland motorway rubbish.
    Likewise I will be riding up in a weekend sometime.
    Would be good to catch up.