Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

How many of us are there on this forum?

Discussion in 'Australia/New Zealand' started by GrahamNZ, May 23, 2009.

1. Stephen Dickinson

Stephen Dickinson Tuned and Synch'ed

Hello there
    Am about o take delivery of my 5th Guzzi. a 2012 Stelvio.
    Have rationalised my collection as am now retired etc and have decided on a Stelvio.
    The V9 and the Himalayan have gone to new homes down here in Hobart.
    Couldn't afford a V85 and needed more comfort, luggage space and some ability to take the odd dirt road.
    Also... needed a Guzzi for the trip to Mandello next year.
    The bike should arrive from Vic late next week. Checking the engine nos, believe she has been rollerised from the factory. Bit worried about the weight. Was concerned about the seat height too, but the bloke I am buying off has lowered it. Maybe now will be too low. We'll see. am buying without actually having seen it in the metal.
    Appreciate any guidance as I commence my new Guzzi adventure.
    Cheers

2. kenrover

kenrover Just got it firing!

Mate-you go for it! Do a service on the bike yourself, take the wheels out and check the bearings and seals, brakes etc. Put some very high quality oil in every bit of the Guzzi. See you in Mandello in 2021 and if you've ridden it there, I'l stand you a drink or 3. We have our stay booked already so see you there!!
    Know your steed!

3. Stephen Dickinson

Stephen Dickinson Tuned and Synch'ed

Cheers Mate.
    or 4...
    Pretty excited about Mandello in 2021. Have booked a container spot with Teo Lamers. Am also booked on his slow tour from the freight unloading point in Holland to Mandello.
    As for the Stelvio. Gets picked up in Melbourne on Wednesday and if all goes to plan should have here in Hobart Thursday afternoon.
    Then got it to get it inspected and registered.
    Interestingly its a mid 2012 build but wasn't bought until mid 2014. Only got 27k on it.
    This will be my 5th Guzzi. A Jackal, 750 Breva, Breva 1100ST, a V9, and now a Stelvio.
    Must have the Guzzi thing bad.
    Copulater.

4. ol phart

ol phart Tuned and Synch'ed

Another Aussie Guzzi nut here, recently took delivery of a V85TT, very impressive bike, loving it. This is Guzzi #7 for me, previousely had Sport 1100, Cali Special, Breva 1100, Breva 1200, Le Mans II and still have a 71 Nuovo Falcone.

I went the 1200GS way for nearly 10 years, but pleased to say I got that out of my system and have come back to the Guzzi clan.