• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

LED fog light upgrade for Stelvio NTX

tristan

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi Guys,
Finally moving through the list of jobs to do on guzzi.
I was looking into replacing the fog lights with some LEDS, I have already added fuses inline, but was thinking to avoid the problem with them burning out, I going to replace them.
I am looking at some ebay ones but was a bit worried about the life expectancy, or quality.
Any help would be great.
Cheers,
Tristan

I put some cheap Ebay lights on mine a long while back. I also put a set on my EV, and a set on my old Honda. They have been durable and work very well. In one set, the black anodized aluminum has a bit of a gold cast now. I basically outfitted three bikes for around $200. No need for the high dollar ones IMHO.

Just understand that you need to be skeptical about the specs.

I highly recommend removing the lights from the crash bars, regardless of which you choose.
LED technology is all over the map these days, but in general you get what you pay for. That said, I have purchased some cheap versions off Amazon for my dirtbikes, as I consider them disposables. So far, so good this year with them.
I'm trying to set up now with Clearwater ($$$), and note I do have a few different versions online in the Store now. Hope that helps.

I highly recommend removing the lights from the crash bars, regardless of which you choose.
LED technology is all over the map these days, but in general you get what you pay for. That said, I have purchased some cheap versions off Amazon for my dirtbikes, as I consider them disposables. So far, so good this year with them.
I'm trying to set up now with Clearwater ($$$), and note I do have a few different versions online in the Store now. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the help GT-Rx I found this thread:

https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/replacement-aux-lights-for-the-ntx.10250/page-3

so I will try and make some brackets to get them off the engine bars.

I found these from ebay :

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2pcs-10W...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c48d52ede

I was just going to wire them directly into the factory wiring harness? there is no can buss system which I will screw up?

I was also going to do a spot beam and flood beam combination with 2 of these lights from ebay mounted each side (4 in total approx 40W),

I also looked into these:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2PCS-4IN...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f2ca01fe7

But I dont think they will fit the purpose and be too heavy if they are mounted to the fairing

I thought I would get a few people's opinions as to whether that would be over kill.

Cheers,
T

Last edited:
HI Guys,

I am thinking about doing something different with the fog lights.

Has any one used a rubber mount to go between the fog light and the fog light bar which comes out from the motor? I was going to use a resilient mount to try and reduce the vibration.

I like where previous members have mounted them under the main headlight. I was going to put a set of spots there, and a set of floods on the engine fog light Bar. Or is it just over kill with that many lights?

Cheers,
Tristan

Has any one used a rubber mount to go between the fog light and the fog light bar which comes out from the motor? I was going to use a resilient mount to try and reduce the vibration.
Unless you are referring to isolating the crash bar at the motor mount itself, don't waste your time. Putting a rubber mount between the light and the bar won't stop the vibration.

Unless you are referring to isolating the crash bar at the motor mount itself, don't waste your time. Putting a rubber mount between the light and the bar won't stop the vibration.
Hi GT-Rx, I was going to put a rubber mount between where the light bracket and the bar mount. But if that is not going to work I will steer away from it. I just wanted to keep the lights on the fog bar, but it seems like that is the worst place to put them. I'm guessing the consensus us to get the off the motor completely.
Cheers,

Hi GT-Rx, I was going to put a rubber mount between where the light bracket and the bar mount. But if that is not going to work I will steer away from it. I just wanted to keep the lights on the fog bar, but it seems like that is the worst place to put them. I'm guessing the consensus us to get the off the motor completely.
Cheers,

What year bike do you have and how are your lights mounted. If you have the earlier bars with the detachable light bar mounts that look like this.....

Upload 2014 12 4 19 20 59

Then rubber bushings between the bar light mount and the bars will help. No guarantees but that is the fix that Guzzi put out for this setup (TSB attached). As Todd said, there is a lot of high frequency vibration here and not much will dampen it out, but this arrangement might give you a better chance.

If you have the light bar mount (ie. are not attached to the crashbars but have their own mounts to the front of the engine) then you will be fine. My friend has this arrangement and he runs the same hellas and has had no issues.

Attachments

• 12-007-2012 Center stand_ECU Cover, electrical.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 31
What year bike do you have and how are your lights mounted. If you have the earlier bars with the detachable light bar mounts that look like this.....

View attachment 7570

Then rubber bushings between the bar light mount and the bars will help. No guarantees but that is the fix that Guzzi put out for this setup (TSB attached). As Todd said, there is a lot of high frequency vibration here and not much will dampen it out, but this arrangement might give you a better chance.

If you have the light bar mount (ie. are not attached to the crashbars but have their own mounts to the front of the engine) then you will be fine. My friend has this arrangement and he runs the same hellas and has had no issues.
Hi Canuck1969,
Mine is a Stelvio NTX 2010.
I don't think I have that set up on my bike (unfortunately) Mine look as though they connect on the front of the engine near the alternator belt cover and the under the oil cooler.
I was thinking about using the rubbers in a similar setup under the actual light Bracket (under the "U" part of the light bracket) but I am not too sure if it is going to work?
Cheers for the help.
Tristan

Attachments

• light bar 1.jpg
    light bar 1.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 93
  • light bar 2.jpg
    light bar 2.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 77
  • light bar 3.jpg
    light bar 3.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 73
Hi Canuck1969,
Mine is a Stelvio NTX 2010.
I don't think I have that set up on my bike (unfortunately) Mine look as though they connect on the front of the engine near the alternator belt cover and the under the oil cooler.
I was thinking about using the rubbers in a similar setup under the actual light Bracket (under the "U" part of the light bracket) but I am not too sure if it is going to work?
Cheers for the help.
Tristan

I think you will be fine with the setup you currently have. Do you have a problem with the lights??

You have the light bar mounts as opposed to the crashbar light mounts. They are sepearate and should not have much vibration. THe problem with the crashbar mounts are the crashbars are mounted in three spots on the engine and frame. There is no where for the vibration to go so it resonates into the lights. With the light bar mounts, they are free to dissipate the vibrations. You can add rubbers to improve the mounting, but my friend has these same mounts on his 2010 and runs hella with no issue as long as the internal wires are routed properly. The problem hellas are only on the crashbar mounted lights. You are good to go..........

I found these from ebay :
.ebay.com.au/itm/2pcs-10W-CREE-LED-Work-Light-Square-Flood-Lamp-Bar-4x4-4WD-Driving-Auto-12V-24V-/121481015006

The Small 2" lights you found on Ebay look very similar to the VisionX Solstice, which I put on my Pegaso a few years ago.
the VisionX are excellent. Hopefully those you found will give similar performance.
I was commuting, which included about 6km of unlit road over a pass through a state forest. These provided a substantial improvement over the basic high beam. I also used a combo of one flood and one spot.
I wired mine directly into the High Beam circuit, so they come on and go off with the highbeam. I think if i was adding more I would instead use a relay on the high beam circuit.

I've been considering a similar upgrade for the Stevio, although the high beam on that is pretty good - I am using Philips XTreme Vision bulbs - and these are a fantastic and highly recommended simple upgrade. I found I was gettign flashed a bit by oncoming cars, these are so bright, I had to check and adjust them down a little. Philips now have new 'third generation' version of these bulbs out now too, and 5000k (whiter) ones too..
ebay.com.au/itm/PHILIPS-H1-H4-H7-X-TREME-VISION-100-HEADLIGHT-GLOBES-BULBS-EXTREME-XTREME-/221465848735

'3rd Gen': ebay.com.au/itm/PHILIPS-H7-EXTREME-X-TREME-XTREME-VISION-130-3700K-Headlight-Lastest-version-/321601899180

'3rd Gen 50000k':
ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-GENUINE-LATEST-3rd-GEN-H7-55W-5000K-Philips-X-TREME-VISION-35M-100-xtreme-/171561844759

Back