• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Replacement Aux Lights for the NTX

Re: They aint cheap but...

uzidzit said:
I sprung for a set of Kristas' from clearwater for my vstrom, I will get another set for the stella. I farted around with led work lights, visionx (very good, just poor controlability it is to low to see with or blind everything as the only settings)

The Kristas are the bomb, they have a pot dimmer on the bars30-95% brightness, bump to high with the high beams , and go to xray when the horn button gets pushed, they also check the temp of the driver and light pod and turn the leds down so as not to fry them.

The strom has some of the best headlights ever put on a bike, and with the clearwaters on full the 130watts of stock headlights just disappear, if you are riding and turn the leds on high you might as well turn off the headlights, (I have actually wired in that feature headlights off, 1 on or 2 on). The kristas draw76watts for the pair on full and less dimmed. so at night in the winter I can run the rosta cruise control, gps, heated gloves, grips, jacket.pants and the bike still charges with power to spare! The lighting draw is 76watts vs 130watts + driving lights.

The quality of the harness kit is just insane, all silicon sleeved wires with double heat shrink strain reliefs, and silicon oring gasketed locking connecters, if the electrical system on the bike was built this way you would never have any fault, Till the bike turned to dust. I guess it is because they also make emergency operating room lighting.

Take a peek worth every dime,
http://clearwaterlights.com/products2_pp.html

I also use the Clearwaters. Love em. Bright like the sun.

Re: replacement NTX aux lamps

canuck1969 said:
boxermoose said:
Twisted throttle Denali LED's - got 'em hooked up so they use the factory grip switch

OEM lasted under 1.5k miles - these ones already have over 6k miles without issues

Way more compact and lighter (probably better considering the vibs from the bars) - and great light

Ditto.....

Just in the process of ordering a set of Denali 2's as my stock ones have made their way to the garbage bin after several unsuccessfull attempts of trying to breath some reliability into them. I had the original Denali's on my last bike and never had a problem with lighting up the roads. The new Denali's are 70% brighter so can't go wrong with that. Most important thing to me is that they are vibration/shock proof. They survived by KLR 650 thumper on the crashbars which have a hell of a lot more vibration than the stelvio so have no doubt they will last. Dumped it a few times on the lights and then had one come loose (my mistake) and dragged 10 miles skipping along the interstate at 75 MPH. Put it back on and fired right up. Try that with an incandecent bulb. I dropped one of the Hella's about 12" and destroyed the bulb. Proof enough for me..... :woohoo:

Well, the saga continues. After only 4000KM, my Denali on the right bar has failed. Opened it up and it is full of a fine white powder. The one on the left looks the same but it has not failed yet. Did some reading on line and the white powder is from grinding of the lens due to high frequency vibrations. Surprised the hell out of me. Had them on my KLR that vibrated a hell of lot more than the Stelvio. Must be a frequency issue in the vibration.

All that being said they are being replaced under warranty and will be finding a new place to mount these. Can try rubber mounting them but have lost faith on this mounting point.

Take a second look at your lights (stock and aftermarket) and make sure you are still good. Will report back when I find a new spot. Thinking spread out under the head lights or on the forks.................never ends with these lights...........

Just looking at mounting my Motos (same as Pyoung's) I was really set to find a different mounting point because I think what Todd said is probably true in that whatever you mount to those crashbars will most likely shake to death. Plus the fact that if you go down, byby lights.
But, I'm just not finding a viable alternative. So, biting the bullet and putting them back on the crashbars. I am, however, in the process of finding a shock absorbing washer for the bolt. Actually found one only of a hard rubber faucet washer that I am going to try as soon as I hit the hardware store. And, we'll see how long these great little lights last. :lol:

It absolutely is a frequency issue. Being bolted directly to the motor, no matter what bushing mounts you use, the whole assembly will be shaken to bits. I highly recommend relocation. There has been several creative solutions posted on this Forum. Two that come to mind is moving them down onto the fork lowers, and the other was mounting them under the headlights, or in between the small side wing-lets that direct the air-flow.

My new lamps cracked both the supplied bracket in short time had new brackets made tempered rubber mounted them I found that depending on how stiff the rubber mount was the lamp vibrates at different rpm and when mounted with any type of movement to accommodate the vibrations it scatters the light beam like some kind manic 70's disco light with practise you can ride round this but not really the point of having good lights been looking at some brackets to mount on the forks just below the lower yoke on the ktm adv. any colour you like as long as its orange! On holiday this week so I will try and progress this and post a pic

Finally got my replacement Denali's back under warranty and mounted them up under the front head light.

Picked up two angle brackets and cut them to length to fit under the headlight but not block the signal lights. Painted them flat black and drill holes where needed.

Then mounted them to the existing holes used to hold on the front fairing to the headlights. Had to use longer screws and some spacers so it gripped onto the threaded clip instead of the plastic.

Not as nice as having a triangle pattern between the headlights and aux light but still light up the road quite nicely and makes me easier to be seen.

That's a great mounting option, and simple to boot! Be prepared for lots of folks who want those brackets.

Peter Y.

pyoungbl said:
That's a great mounting option, and simple to boot! Be prepared for lots of folks who want those brackets.

Peter Y.

Thanks Peter....

They were pretty simple to make. Took me two tries but the second time took me all of 5 minutes to cut and drill the holes. The first set of brackets were too thin and flexed so got thicker ones on the second attempt. Don't have to worry about vibes where they are now.

Ordered up a set of folding highway pegs for the crash bar aux light mounts. Might as well use them for something.........

I will be exploring option fer shure. Now, wrapping your legs around those jugs for the hwy pegs, this I gotta see. :lol:

Toadride said:
I will be exploring option fer shure. Now, wrapping your legs around those jugs for the hwy pegs, this I gotta see. :lol:

Me too....I am hoping they are long enough. Keep you posted...........

Well got my folding highway pegs installed and I must say what a treat. Perfect spot for my feet on long trips. Tried them out today and no interference from the cylinders. Foot rests comfortably on the pegs and ankle leans up against the guard. Could not have picked a better spot. Look like they belonged there in the first place.

BIke tunned, new tires, carc breather, Sheepskin cover for the seat, new driving lights and highway pegs. All ready for my trip back up to James Bay next week. Did it two years ago and looking forward to doing it on the Stelvio........... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Toadride said:
Where didja gettum?

Got them from A Vicious Cycle. It is where I get most of my add ons. They are located in New Dundee Ontario. Have been dealing with them for a few years. Great prices and they are a Twisted Throttle dealer so usually can get TT stuff for the same price as in the states.

Mounts: aviciouscycle.ca/mainpages/produ ... ductid=356

Pegs: aviciouscycle.ca/mainpages/Produ ... uctid=1154

I had to enlarge the hole on the crashbar for an M10 bolt and got some M10 cap head bolts. It came with a hex bolt that is hard to mount in the existing crashbar hole

Well, those are pricy little mounts. Before I invest, a few questions. First I'm 5'9" with relatively short legs. (30" inseam) Wondering about when I put my legs up would I be stretching out my lower back uncomfortably. Handlebars are stock with no risers. And, are you feeling the heat from the jugs?
God knows when I rode across Texas I shure could have used em. :D

Toadride said:
Well, those are pricy little mounts. Before I invest, a few questions. First I'm 5'9" with relatively short legs. (30" inseam) Wondering about when I put my legs up would I be stretching out my lower back uncomfortably. Handlebars are stock with no risers. And, are you feeling the heat from the jugs?
God knows when I rode across Texas I shure could have used em. :D

Now this is only my experience so yours may vary (official disclaimer.... :lol: ).....

I am 5' 10.5" with a 32" inseam. When I am in my normal riding position I still have a bend in my knees when my feet are up. Just tried sitting all the way back and I still have a bend. Before I bought them, I stuck an allen key in each crashbar mount hole and tried it out for position (short end in the hole). That will tell you if it will be comfortable for you.

My experience with the heat is that it is minimal. Your feet and ankles are placed higher up on the cylinder closer to the head. I ride tall boots so I don't tend to feel it.

As for the price, yup they are pricey, but I liked the design and the way they mount. After riding with them they were worth the money. Only thing I need to see is if they survive the vibrations. Guess only time will tell

Toadride said:
Can u feel the vibs in your feet?

Yes you can. Not a lot but they are there. I am sure you can get rubber coated ones to fit the mounts if it is a concern. These ones are not rubber.

aviciouscycle.ca/mainpages/produ ... uctid=4328

Does the problem with the AUX lamps just exist, if one does a great deal of off-roading? I am primarily doing roadway with some gravel roads.

oca said:
Does the problem with the AUX lamps just exist, if one does a great deal of off-roading? I am primarily doing roadway with some gravel roads.

If you mean the lamp wires shorting out...the problem can happen on the highway, it has little to do with riding off road.

Back