• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Looking to buy V7 Racer but concerned...

sjohniom said:
I've had a V7R for a month now, and I'm very happy. I'm rapidly approaching 50, but I also have a bit of speed freak in my past - 13 years of road racing, including 6 years racing the IOM TT. I'm perfectly happy with the power the V7R delivers. I finally got a good run through some fast sweepers yesterday on the way to work and ended up with a big grin on my face. I seem to have a stupid grin every time I get off the thing.

I'll probably end up doing some fork mods, but just because I'm picky, not out of necessity. I'm 6' 2" and lanky so I was worried about the fit, but so far it's working out fine. I may eventually install taller clip-ons, but I want try some longer rides when the weather warms up before making a decision.

I love light, flickable bikes and the V7R fits the bill nicely. It just feels right, and I value that more than raw horsepower.
:cool: Hi I live on IoM to running a V7 classic with ace bars :cool: Had the bike since new will be 3 this year a great wee bike even took me to Mandello on a road trip ace bars n all :twisted:

cliffyg said:
:cool: Hi I live on IoM to running a V7 classic with ace bars :cool: Had the bike since new will be 3 this year a great wee bike even took me to Mandello on a road trip ace bars n all :twisted:

I have to ask - how is it over the mountain?

sjohniom said:
cliffyg said:

I have to ask - how is it over the mountain?
:oops: Sorry mate i've only just seen your reply !
As for going over the mountain :?: Its a real blast she tends to get a bit tied up around the verandah at about 80 - 90 :twisted: but so forgiving I just let do her thing :shock: :D .
Over all great fun quickest I've seen on the speedo is 110 on the mountain mile heading for Ramsey :dry: but dont tell me missus :lol:

cliffyg said:
As for going over the mountain :?: Its a real blast she tends to get a bit tied up around the verandah at about 80 - 90 :twisted: but so forgiving I just let do her thing :shock: :D .
Over all great fun quickest I've seen on the speedo is 110 on the mountain mile heading for Ramsey :dry: but dont tell me missus :lol:

Sorry, 'heading for Ramsey' on the mountain mile made my head explode in reverse.

Next you'll tell me the Verandah is 4 left-handers. :)

sjohniom said:
cliffyg said:

Sorry, 'heading for Ramsey' on the mountain mile made my head explode in reverse.

Next you'll tell me the Verandah is 4 left-handers. :)
:lol: :lol: yeah would be odd for a racer ;)
When did you last race over here :?:
would have loved to race around here on closed roads but alas I'm a bit passed it me thinks, I'll settle for my Drag racing I did back in the late 80's early 90's :D

cliffyg said:
:lol: :lol: yeah would be odd for a racer ;)
When did you last race over here :?:
would have loved to race around here on closed roads but alas I'm a bit passed it me thinks, I'll settle for my Drag racing I did back in the late 80's early 90's :D

My first TT was 1997 and last was 2003. I went to the Manx GP in 2008 to help others who had helped me over the years.

I was based in Ramsey most years, and still remember fumbling over the mountain in the 4AM fog heading to Douglas back when they had 6AM practice sessions.

:p Hi ya will you be coming over here again ?
If the weather carries on as it has been we'll be hosting the worlds first snowmobile TT :shock: :roll: :lol:

I'm glad we're not the only ones' having horrible "spring" weather. Today is looking good, but more snow is in the forecast.

Back