• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Mandello V100 owner with MIA issue

Glad you have it paired!
I have an iphone 14 Pro and from everything I read on this site, and two other V100 specific forums, there are problems with iphone pairing with V100 MIA, and as far as I know I have not read of a successful iphone pairing with V100 MIA. As I posted earlier the service tech who presented my bike to me tried to no avail, then a week later the owner of my Guzzi dealership was able to pair his Android platform (Samsung I believe) to my V100's MIA. After unpairing his phone and clearing everything out of my MIA, deleting the Guzzi app and re-installing it, he could not get my iphone to pair, using the Guzzi app, and I have tried numerous times with no luck. I'm sure the iphone issue will get resolved, someday. It may have something to do with the latest IOS update, I may try calling Apple support to see what they say, and first I will try your method. Thanks for the info.

Cheers, keep the shiny side up
Mine is currently working with the Iphone 14. It's a bit wonky but it does work. It shows the BT Router connected on the Iphone but not on the bike. All the functions work. It just started working one day so I'm assuming it was an Iphone update that got it working. What I have to do after I start the bike (or just turn the power on) is go into the MIA app after a minute or two, sometimes tap the connect icon in the corner to make it connect.

It started working for me almost exactly one week ago. And it's still iffy, sometimes it works right away, sometimes I ride a bit, turn it off, and the next time it'll connect without issue. Might work better to have the MIA app running before turning the key and powering up the bike, haven't tried it yet.

Actually, curiously my experience is the opposite. I turn the motorcycle on first, then start the app.

Connects instantly and consistently.

However, if I switch screens, the app drops and freezes. I have to close it entirely and then restart it and it immediately reconnects and picks up where it left off.

Mine is currently working with the Iphone 14. It's a bit wonky but it does work. It shows the BT Router connected on the Iphone but not on the bike. All the functions work. It just started working one day so I'm assuming it was an Iphone update that got it working. What I have to do after I start the bike (or just turn the power on) is go into the MIA app after a minute or two, sometimes tap the connect icon in the corner to make it connect.

It started working for me almost exactly one week ago. And it's still iffy, sometimes it works right away, sometimes I ride a bit, turn it off, and the next time it'll connect without issue. Might work better to have the MIA app running before turning the key and powering up the bike, haven't tried it yet.
I have seen the BT Router paired with the phone, and once saw the iphone in the media screen, but not both at the same time, and then did not stay connected. I'll try again when it's cool(er) early morning when 82 deg at sunrise 5:25am. I have tried about four combinations while trying to pair, none consistant, and have to walk away...... But I will not give up.

Couldn't get phone or headset to pair until I sat each one on the back seat. Think the MIA is under the seat and it seems to find the other devices for pairing when they are close. Once paired, the MIA doesn't have any problems connecting later, even if phone or headset are in your pocketvor on your helmet. Now if I could just get phone to work. I can see incoming calls on TFT display and hear beeps in headset but phone still rings and can't answer call from headset.

I've had the rider seat off and it makes no difference. In the meantime, I installed a SP Connect phone mount with anti-vibe module, and previously installed the dash USB connection port. I have the mount positioned so the phone is horizontal, and the top edge does not interfere with the dash icons

Attachments

• IMG_3525.jpg
    IMG_3525.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3526.jpg
    IMG_3526.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: BDS
OK - So here goes, first it was an Android S23 ultra.

I tried at first to follow the owners manual but as you all probably know the was this topic is covered is not intuitive and often misleading as they introduce not essential and sometimes conflicting information.
The manual in the app is much better, and this got me at least connected but still had issues as they had you doing things in the app at same time as on the bike which you do not need to do.
In the end it's very straightforward.

1. Shutdown ALL BT connections on your phone, and erase any you might have tried to actuate on the bike and with your helmet - this is I belive the key to start fresh with nothing enabled to interfere.
2. Using the bike setup screens pair your phone first with the BT Router from the smartphone menu. You need to select the right mode key twice and then screen will change and you will see "pairing" at the bottom, and hopefully it will complete when you enter 0000 on your phone when prompted.
3. Shut of phone BT now just to be sage, nit sure if this is essential but did not want any BT iinterference.
4. Now you must pair at least 1 headset to the bike and it cannot be "buds" as these use different protocol.
Never pair the phone to your helmet headset.

Now you can turn your phone BT back on and it should connect to the bike automatically.

You can now use the app and download whatever maps you think you need America is about 5Gb.
Did I mention that I also deleted and re-installed the app and allowed all the permissions.

Hope it works as easily for you as it did for me, eventualy.
Cheers...Fred
Glad you have it paired!
I have an iphone 14 Pro and from everything I read on this site, and two other V100 specific forums, there are problems with iphone pairing with V100 MIA, and as far as I know I have not read of a successful iphone pairing with V100 MIA. As I posted earlier the service tech who presented my bike to me tried to no avail, then a week later the owner of my Guzzi dealership was able to pair his Android platform (Samsung I believe) to my V100's MIA. After unpairing his phone and clearing everything out of my MIA, deleting the Guzzi app and re-installing it, he could not get my iphone to pair, using the Guzzi app, and I have tried numerous times with no luck. I'm sure the iphone issue will get resolved, someday. It may have something to do with the latest IOS update, I may try calling Apple support to see what they say, and first I will try your method. Thanks for the info.

Glad you have it paired!

I purchased an iPhone 11 Pro Max just because I didn’t like to have an old iPhone 8 to document bike and travel pictures.
I had seriously problems to connect the MIA.
Tried several times to get assistance from the dealership but they were always busy with customers, or not keen to help.
I was asked by the phone to insert a PIN Code, but I had no clue what that would be, and couldn’t skip it.
It drove me half nuts.
Last time I visited them I got the tips to insert the code “1234”.
Didn‘t work, several attempts.
The first 3 times, then I erased the app, reinstalled it, shut off the Bluetooth on the phone.
Still didn’t help.
I tried to clear everything one more time.
Then suddenly the phone paired with MIA!
Now it connects automatically every time.

I still have problems with registering on the app though, the personal and bike details.
Well, the only things I miss is the auto function with app to check service data etc.
The navigation app works, and trip data is saved.

I've had the rider seat off and it makes no difference. In the meantime, I installed a SP Connect phone mount with anti-vibe module, and previously installed the dash USB connection port. I have the mount positioned so the phone is horizontal, and the top edge does not interfere with the dash icons
What phone do you have?
Doesn’t it suffer from the vibrations?

My new iPhone 11 Pro Max had its main camera (back camera) damaged by the vibrations almost the first trip.
I now learned that all phones with “premium” optical picture stabilization are prone to be damaged by vibrations, especially those from motorcycles with heft vibrations.
Just like on the V100 which comes in different revs and loads.

My phone is just about to be repaired, and I now hesitate to mount it on the bike again.
Yes the SP Connect anti vibration connector is good, but I read that people still get phone damage again on bikes with severe vibrations.
I’m looking to fit some extra rubber parts in the joints on the hand bar mount, plus buy the anti vibration connector.
Still no guarantee though.

I purchased an iPhone 11 Pro Max just because I didn’t like to have an old iPhone 8 to document bike and travel pictures.
Tried several times to get assistance from the dealership but they were always busy with customers, or not keen to help.
I was asked by the phone to insert a PIN Code, but I had no clue what that would be, and couldn’t skip it.
It drove me half nuts.
The first 3 times, then I erased the app, reinstalled it, shut off the Bluetooth on the phone.
Still didn’t help.

I still have problems with registering on the app though, the personal and bike details.
Well, the only things I miss is the auto function with app to check service data etc.
Thank you for the code numbers, I had that show up several times but did not know the code. I would try 0000 and 00000 which did not work. It is 111 deg F here now, but I an going out to the garage to clear everytng and start over, and try 1234 when it prompts me for it.

What phone do you have?
Doesn’t it suffer from the vibrations?

My new iPhone 11 Pro Max had its main camera (back camera) damaged by the vibrations almost the first trip.
I now learned that all phones with “premium” optical picture stabilization are prone to be damaged by vibrations, especially those from motorcycles with heft vibrations.
Just like on the V100 which comes in different revs and loads.

My phone is just about to be repaired, and I now hesitate to mount it on the bike again.
Yes the SP Connect anti vibration connector is good, but I read that people still get phone damage again on bikes with severe vibrations.
I’m looking to fit some extra rubber parts in the joints on the hand bar mount, plus buy the anti vibration connector.
Still no guarantee though.
I have a 14 Pro. I have not tried it yet but what you said about yours being damaged is good to know, than you. Were you using the SP Connect Anti Vibration Module? See the image in my post #45. It seems well designed but I may hesitate to use it. If I get the phone to pair I may not use the SP Connect, I don't want to damage the camera. My mount is attached to the handle bar center clamp, maybe there is less vibration there than farther out on the handlebar.

It drove me half nuts.
Still didn’t help.

I tried clearing everything, (unpairing, delete app) then re-install app on phone and start over 3 times. The MIA will find the phone, and the phone finds BT Router, but when a code is asked for in the phone 1234, and 0000 does not work, and I have no clue what the code should be. I get a message pairing failed. The dash temperature read out was showing 114 degrees F in the gagage (or 45.6 deg C) so after about 45 minutes called it quits and went inside for an ice cold beer.......

I have a 14 Pro. I have not tried it yet but what you said about yours being damaged is good to know, than you. Were you using the SP Connect Anti Vibration Module? See the image in my post #45. It seems well designed but I may hesitate to use it. If I get the phone to pair I may not use the SP Connect, I don't want to damage the camera. My mount is attached to the handle bar center clamp, maybe there is less vibration there than farther out on the handlebar.
I googled the issue with broken cameras on iPhones and found both that Apple had a proclamation describing the issue with vibrations.
It may also rendering the warranty, so not to be ignored.
Then I googled solutions with SP Connect products (and others).
Anti vibration connectors came up.
Many people found that working, but there were still some people who damaged their phone cameras a second time despite the anti vibration connector.
As the V100 Mandello have loads of hefty vibrations in different situations my conclusion is that this bike is one of those that the anti vibration connector can’t protect well enough.

I have the handle bar mount version of SP Connect, although fitted directly besides the bar clamp where yours is mounted.
I have checked for vibrations on the phone holder (without the phone), and there are truly a lot of strong vibrations in different situations.
So therefore I am trying to modify it with extra rubber fittings, If only possible…
it I succeed with that I will buy the anti vibration connector too.

Second option is to fit an SP universal phone bag that works with their connection system.
My idea with this is that the phone then isn’t completely fixed as it has a bit of space to move inside the “bag”.
That may work to protect it from most of the worst vibrations.
But it has other practical drawbacks with such a universal bag, and one is that it doesn’t seems to fit my phone including the phone case.

Third option is to invent my own bar clamp fitting between the SP system and the handle bar.
Basically an extended version of the extra rubber fittings described in first solution.
And here I have even very quickly thought if I can use the SP Connect arm wrist module…
But it may look ugly on the bike, if it even is a working option.

Fith alternative is if it’s possible to put the SP system somewhere on the fairing.
There should be only small vibrations coming threw the fairing, if any.
Spontaniously I couldn’t see any suitable place on the fairing though.

Last idea is to invest in a tank bag with a map pocket on top, but I haven’t found any nimble low profile tank bag that I like yet.
I‘m only interested in a tank ring system bag (semi hard bag).

I tried clearing everything, (unpairing, delete app) then re-install app on phone and start over 3 times. The MIA will find the phone, and the phone finds BT Router, but when a code is asked for in the phone 1234, and 0000 does not work, and I have no clue what the code should be. I get a message pairing failed. The dash temperature read out was showing 114 degrees F in the gagage (or 45.6 deg C) so after about 45 minutes called it quits and went inside for an ice cold beer.......
I hope you will succeed.
Best of luck.

I googled the issue with broken cameras on iPhones and found both that Apple had a proclamation describing the issue with vibrations.
It may also rendering the warranty, so not to be ignored.
Then I googled solutions with SP Connect products (and others).
Anti vibration connectors came up.
Many people found that working, but there were still some people who damaged their phone cameras a second time despite the anti vibration connector.
As the V100 Mandello have loads of hefty vibrations in different situations my conclusion is that this bike is one of those that the anti vibration connector can’t protect well enough.

I have the handle bar mount version of SP Connect, although fitted directly besides the bar clamp where yours is mounted.
I have checked for vibrations on the phone holder (without the phone), and there are truly a lot of strong vibrations in different situations.
So therefore I am trying to modify it with extra rubber fittings, If only possible…
it I succeed with that I will buy the anti vibration connector too.

Second option is to fit an SP universal phone bag that works with their connection system.
My idea with this is that the phone then isn’t completely fixed as it has a bit of space to move inside the “bag”.
That may work to protect it from most of the worst vibrations.
But it has other practical drawbacks with such a universal bag, and one is that it doesn’t seems to fit my phone including the phone case.

Third option is to invent my own bar clamp fitting between the SP system and the handle bar.
Basically an extended version of the extra rubber fittings described in first solution.
And here I have even very quickly thought if I can use the SP Connect arm wrist module…
But it may look ugly on the bike, if it even is a working option.

Fith alternative is if it’s possible to put the SP system somewhere on the fairing.
There should be only small vibrations coming threw the fairing, if any.
Spontaniously I couldn’t see any suitable place on the fairing though.

Last idea is to invest in a tank bag with a map pocket on top, but I haven’t found any nimble low profile tank bag that I like yet.
I‘m only interested in a tank ring system bag (semi hard bag).
I like the tank bag for best phone protection. When in a tank bag the phone can still be seen (although not as well as a handle bar clamp mount) and if paired with blue tooth to helmet speakers hearing directions and music would be good. I personally do not care about phone calls while riding so not an issue for me, I can always call the next time I am off the bike. Thanks

I like the tank bag for best phone protection. When in a tank bag the phone can still be seen (although not as well as a handle bar clamp mount) and if paired with blue tooth to helmet speakers hearing directions and music would be good. I personally do not care about phone calls while riding so not an issue for me, I can always call the next time I am off the bike. Thanks
I think I might have found a solution.
It’s a SP universal mount (with Velcro strap) and their vibration damper.
And some kind of rubber-ish padding between the Velcro strap and the handle bar center.
I will receive parts next week and will post a report.

Same thing here - struggled with it for days :mad:- finally won....:rofl:

After many curses on Italian app development and "spaghetti-code" it really seems to be a problem of phone / iOS / Android updates. Make sure you've got the latest update installed on your phone.
Then, on Android what I can recommend to check is, that all apps that are used (music player etc.) are set to allow for access of external devices / other apps....
Also in settings of MG app you have to enable microphone, loudspeaker etc.
Hope that helps,
Vu-Cento
PS: Still don't understand why no decent manual is available from MG.

Same thing here - struggled with it for days :mad:- finally won....:rofl:

After many curses on Italian app development and "spaghetti-code" it really seems to be a problem of phone / iOS / Android updates. Make sure you've got the latest update installed on your phone.
Then, on Android what I can recommend to check is, that all apps that are used (music player etc.) are set to allow for access of external devices / other apps....
Also in settings of MG app you have to enable microphone, loudspeaker etc.
Hope that helps,
Vu-Cento
PS: Still don't understand why no decent manual is available from MG.
I will not give up, My iphone 14 just had an other update, maybe that will do the trick. I kept getting the same results so will give it a rest. Besides it is sometimes 115 deg. F in my garage tlately, unless I am up at sunrise, then it is only about 88 ~ 90 deg. F

When I got back my repaired iPhone I had to re-install everything again, and off course a bit struggle again.
tried yesterday but didn’t get it to connect with the PIN code 1234 as I used before.
This evening I tested again and succeeded with the PIN Code 0000.
Strange, dunno about the PIN Codes tbh.
Anyhow, it worked and that’s what matters.
I still need to connect the intercom though, and get it connected together with both MIA and the phone.

When I got back my repaired iPhone I had to re-install everything again, and off course a bit struggle again.
tried yesterday but didn’t get it to connect with the PIN code 1234 as I used before.
This evening I tested again and succeeded with the PIN Code 0000.
Strange, dunno about the PIN Codes tbh.
Anyhow, it worked and that’s what matters.
I still need to connect the intercom though, and get it connected together with both MIA and the phone.
Do NOT connect your helmet intercoms direct to your phone or the MIA app. Use you bike settings to connect to your headset directly to the bike. This is what is screwing up a lot of people as the MIA app setup is confusing.

Back