• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Mandello V100 owner with MIA issue

Do NOT connect your helmet intercoms direct to your phone or the MIA app. Use you bike settings to connect to your headset directly to the bike. This is what is screwing up a lot of people as the MIA app setup is confusing.
Thanks for the tips.
I haven’t sorted it out yet, or rather didn’t have time to try it.
I am just back from a long road trip.
Actually a super great road trip! 😁
Will post something about it, marvelous sceneries and pictures, a 2200km (1400 miles I think) road trip to Norway in 4 days total 😎

Thanks for the tips.
I haven’t sorted it out yet, or rather didn’t have time to try it.
I am just back from a long road trip.
Actually a super great road trip! 😁
Will post something about it, marvelous sceneries and pictures, a 2200km (1400 miles I think) road trip to Norway in 4 days total 😎
Just an FYI; The owner of the dealership where I purchased my V100S called me yesterday to say hello and let me know that Guzzi USA has not given a definitive answer on MIA pairing with iPhone operating systems, and confirmed that others that have iPhones also cannot get a pairing. Android operating systems pair okay with the MIA..... The least of my worries now as it has been 110 deg F for 25 consecutive days, that's what it does here....

Just an FYI; The owner of the dealership where I purchased my V100S called me yesterday to say hello and let me know that Guzzi USA has not given a definitive answer on MIA pairing with iPhone operating systems, and confirmed that others that have iPhones also cannot get a pairing. Android operating systems pair okay with the MIA..... The least of my worries now as it has been 110 deg F for 25 consecutive days, that's what it does here....
My impressions by reading on the web, this is not just an iPhone issue with pairing to MIA.
It seems to be bugging people for both different phones and bike brands.
Ouch, that’s on the hotter side…
Well my major concerns is not the pairing with the bike either, I have never used it before so I can manage without.
But buying new pricy V100 I did want the extras in terms of latest technology for making life easier on a bike.
So I hope I will get things sorted eventually.

My impressions by reading on the web, this is not just an iPhone issue with pairing to MIA.
It seems to be bugging people for both different phones and bike brands.
Ouch, that’s on the hotter side…
Well my major concerns is not the pairing with the bike either, I have never used it before so I can manage without.
But buying new pricy V100 I did want the extras in terms of latest technology for making life easier on a bike.
So I hope I will get things sorted eventually.
My dealer was able to pair his Android (Samsung) to my V100S, but not my iphone 14, nor have I been successful. The MIA should work, we paid for it, would be nice to use the features, and with todays technology is a shame we cannot. I am sure MG will get this corrected some day, but one would think it should have worked from day one. There have been quite a few "unusual" problems with this new model that I read about and saw images of on three different V100 forums; the numerous hose clamp/coolant leaks, the MIA issues, even a OEM silencer broken off at the CAT juncture, a cracked fuel tank. Some here have said aww, that's just new model teething issues. I say poor quality control, I am sorry to say. I still love my V100S for what it is and does, but MG needs to up their game in the Q C departments..... I am certain they will, but it seems they may have either rushed the first models off the assembly line and/or, were lacking in the QC.

Cheers, keep the shiny side up

Mine is working fairly consistently now with my Iphone 14. I sometimes have to go into the MIA app after I start the bike and click on the connect icon on the app and then it'll connect in 30-60 seconds.

Mine is working fairly consistently now with my Iphone 14. I sometimes have to go into the MIA app after I start the bike and click on the connect icon on the app and then it'll connect in 30-60 seconds.
What does your TFT display look like (image please) when your iphone 14 is connected and working?

I already have a picture.
The symbols at the right hand shows pairing status etc.
Two helmets at the top should mean intercom pairing (which I didn’t have connected at the time being).
Dunno the second one.
3rd one is phone battery status.
4th one is phone connection status (phone connected atm).
5th one is MIA navigation (not in use atm).

My phone is iPhone 11 Pro Max btw.

Attachments

• IMG_2317.jpeg
    IMG_2317.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 19
I already have a picture.
The symbols at the right hand shows pairing status etc.
Two helmets at the top should mean intercom pairing (which I didn’t have connected at the time being).
Dunno the second one.
3rd one is phone battery status.
4th one is phone connection status (phone connected atm).
5th one is MIA navigation (not in use atm).

My phone is iPhone 11 Pro Max btw.
Thank you for that. It may be that my 14 Pro is the issue with pairing. I have seen in my TFT display while attempting to pair it that it recognizes and shows Iphone, and "PAIRING IN PROGRESS" but has always ended showing "Pairing Unsuccessful".
When I get time I may call Apple to see if they know of a fix to enable the 14 Pro to pair with MIA, even my dealer has no answer yet from Guzzi.
I just installed an IOS update that showed up this morning, so will try to pair it later today.

Last edited:
Thank you for that. It may be that my 14 Pro is the issue with pairing. I have seen in my TFT display while attempting to pair it that it recognizes and shows Iphone, and "PAIRING IN PROGRESS" but has always ended showing "Pairing Unsuccessful".
When I get time I may call Apple to see if they know of a fix to enable the 14 Pro to pair with MIA, even my dealer has no answer yet from Guzzi.
I just installed an IOS update that showed up this morning, so will try to pair it later today.
Good luck. 👍

Btw, I washed my V100 this afternoon, and also fired it up afterwards
…you know…to lube the chain and stuff 🙄🤡
No, a check after spraying water, and helping it dry a bit while I waxed it (or rather I wanted to hear the engine 😍).
Thing is that my iPhone was inside the house some meters away, but the MIA still connected automatically with my phone.
I should have latest IOS in the phone as I had it repaired some weeks ago and had to reinstall everything including latest updates.

To this day, my Iphone does not show as paired on the bike. But everything seems work including nav lol. If the circle thing with the 3 dots above the battery is lit up, it's connected.

It does show as paired on the phone's bluetooth though.

Good luck. 👍

Btw, I washed my V100 this afternoon, and also fired it up afterwards
…you know…to lube the chain and stuff 🙄🤡
No, a check after spraying water, and helping it dry a bit while I waxed it (or rather I wanted to hear the engine 😍).
Thing is that my iPhone was inside the house some meters away, but the MIA still connected automatically with my phone.
I should have latest IOS in the phone as I had it repaired some weeks ago and had to reinstall everything including latest updates.
And Just Like That!
Last Wednesday after the latest update IOS 16.6 was installed a few days prior, I decided to try pairing again. I went through the routine ( by now I think I can do it in my sleep), and magically for the first time I saw the Guzzi app had my V100's location in the map on my phone, and low and behold the TFT display showed the phone paired and battery % (though it was showing less than the % on my phone), and a location icon below that. I have not been out for a ride as I have the head covers off and having them powder coated black and don't have them back yet. I am hopeful it will work as it should now when I go for a ride after getting the head covers back and installed. Do you know what the round icon with three dots above the battery % is for? Intercom connection, or?

Attachments

• IMG_3610.jpg
    IMG_3610.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3611.PNG
    IMG_3611.PNG
    287.8 KB · Views: 6
And Just Like That!
Last Wednesday after the latest update IOS 16.6 was installed a few days prior, I decided to try pairing again. I went through the routine ( by now I think I can do it in my sleep), and magically for the first time I saw the Guzzi app had my V100's location in the map on my phone, and low and behold the TFT display showed the phone paired and battery % (though it was showing less than the % on my phone), and a location icon below that. I have not been out for a ride as I have the head covers off and having them powder coated black and don't have them back yet. I am hopeful it will work as it should now when I go for a ride after getting the head covers back and installed. Do you know what the round icon with three dots above the battery % is for? Intercom connection, or?
No sorry, I don’t know the meaning of that second symbol.
It might be for activated communication like voice call, or perhaps headset communication?
I have not sorted the headset pairing yet, not with my phone either, so I haven’t really used the functions yet.

No sorry, I don’t know the meaning of that second symbol.
It might be for activated communication like voice call, or perhaps headset communication?
I have not sorted the headset pairing yet, not with my phone either, so I haven’t really used the functions yet.
When I got around to it today I found it in the manual : On page 59 shown as #29, and the description on page 61 for #29 reads "Data link with smartphone"

The data link is active when you use the MotoGuzzi MIA app on your phone to interface your phone with the bike in order to utilize on screen directions and voice control.

Back