• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Mindis V7-850 Mods

Please don’t take this serious Mindi..
if you make it a quick disconnect you can use it as a very valuable camping equipment...🤣🤣🤣
(Do you see it??..)
:DIndeed! It's an all in one camping equipment! I even installed a grill for BBQ! It's a sun hat, a BBQ grill, and a toilet seat all in one;)
.... I just haven't figured it out yet in which order will I use all 3 features... 🤣
Here's my BBQ grill installed:

And it's on the bike!

It drastically transforms my aimed looks towards "sporty". I didn't want for that intake to look too modern sharp/angular'ish, hence the round potty bowl around stator, which I wanted to kinda continue with engine line forward. Now I'm brainstorming how to hide/move that rectifier to visually open the hole above my warp drive intake... That is my vision of a bike, "bulky" looking front with as naked rear end as possible. Nobody has to like it but me, and I bloody love it! :clap:

P.S. I go through life with a smile on my face. I don't take jokes seriously, I take criticism well, make fun of myself, others, and anything in general. As ya noticed already I'm fluent in sarcasm so if ya think ya can offend me- bring it on, I have some wit to respond with :D
The valve cover might look nice in bare aluminum or the same as the tank!
Nah brother, don't think bare aluminium (that's what ya meant, did ya? LOL) would suit here, but I agree 100% on same color as the tank! Now to find satin orange copper heat resistant paint or powdercoating color will be quite a challenge... I haven't dig into it yet, it'll be for later, I have few little paint scratches on the tank from my little gravel slide and don't know how to fix it yet.

:DIndeed! It's an all in one camping equipment! I even installed a grill for BBQ! It's a sun hat, a BBQ grill, and a toilet seat all in one;)
.... I just haven't figured it out yet in which order will I use all 3 features... 🤣
Here's my BBQ grill installed:

And it's on the bike!

It drastically transforms my aimed looks towards "sporty". I didn't want for that intake to look too modern sharp/angular'ish, hence the round potty bowl around stator, which I wanted to kinda continue with engine line forward. Now I'm brainstorming how to hide/move that rectifier to visually open the hole above my warp drive intake... That is my vision of a bike, "bulky" looking front with as naked rear end as possible. Nobody has to like it but me, and I bloody love it! :clap:

P.S. I go through life with a smile on my face. I don't take jokes seriously, I take criticism well, make fun of myself, others, and anything in general. As ya noticed already I'm fluent in sarcasm so if ya think ya can offend me- bring it on, I have some wit to respond with :D

Nah brother, don't think bare aluminium (that's what ya meant, did ya? LOL) would suit here, but I agree 100% on same color as the tank! Now to find satin orange copper heat resistant paint or powdercoating color will be quite a challenge... I haven't dig into it yet, it'll be for later, I have few little paint scratches on the tank from my little gravel slide and don't know how to fix it yet.
Looks really good IMO! Nice work!

I've been absent for a good while... Got busy at work and took a while to move to another house, but with that I finally got a shop!!!

I've been dreaming of a proper workspace since forever, it's my happy place LOL I made a sandblasting cabinet, welded a Mig/Tig welding table, lathe is dialed in, composite/powdercoating station is ready and I'm ready to rock again! Kinda, few things still needed but still... :)

While my riding season is not over yet, I'll work on things that doesn't make my bike grounded, like finishing my seat. Main foam sanded to shape:

Top layer foam glued:

And sanded to final shape:

When shaping final layer I was looking at a comfort, as well as to somewhat follow existing lines. I did not want a plain flat seat that looks like just a folded beach towel... So far it feels comfy, I don't feel any pressure in areas that shouldn't be, but only a day in a saddle will tell. That'll probably be next season. Either way it will not be as comfy as original V7-15-hr-day-ride-no-butt-pain-seat, I'm well aware of that:) My new seat fits just me, a bigger person and/or a bigger butt will be cramped. My knees are snug behind tank's bumpouts and my butt is just about to touch bumstop.

I due for an update...
When I was talking to upholstery guy, he quoted me $300cad for the job if I shape the foam myself. He kinda didn't agree with my vision what it should look like and that weird vibe was itching me since. So I talked to Santa and said "Dude, these bags of coal every year is bs, ya gotta sort me out bro...". So he got me this for appetizers:

For that $300cad I got a heavy duty sewing machine, needles and material, and I'll have a nostalgic pleasure to remember my sewing skills from over 30 years ago. I screwed up ordering right thread and now waiting for another one before I can start practicing and getting to know the machine. I learned on 70s made cast iron Singer, and thread sizes are very different compared to what it was in Soviet Union back in 80s... apparently... LOL

Since my seat is on hold, I can cook sm axle sliders. Got a pair on Amazon basically just for material. When I was looking for delrin or nylon for my lathe, it came out that a pair of cheapest Amazon axle sliders are cheaper than a piece of material... So I spun on the lathe those sliders to my preferred dimensions and made a silicone mold so I can make 4 of them from forged carbon fiber:

Here's 2 for starters, I'll finish them when I have all 4 ready and fully cured.

My mods will be overlapping. I ain't gonna sit and watch paint dry, I'll jump on another thing while waiting for parts/materials or waiting for resin to cure.
Since I closed my riding season, I can strip her down to start my headlight swap and front cowl. Speedo is too big for my liking so opened up to see if I can make a smaller housing for it. I cannot, everything is tight enough there...

So I had to work with whatever speedo size is. I adjusted my previously made drop bracket to lift and tilt my speedo so my new headlight fits with the lines I'm after. Lots of tape on and off and brainstorming:

Once I was happy with speedo and headlight placements, started sculpting around in my unconventional oldschool way LOL

It will not be all full and bulky looking bucket as it now, I'll cut out parts of it later, I just need it as a full "bucket" for making a mold, to follow the lines I'm after. Molds can quickly build up volume when shaping but I don't want this cowl to be bigger than I initially shaped, so I'll make another mold inside this "bucket" to work with. This way my finished carbon fiber piece will be my true intended size. So I taped the bucket on the inside and got 2 layers of fiberglass mat on:

.....Aaaaand... as I'm having these sidetrack "squirrel" moments, I hacked my Uniden R4 radar detector to make LED lights work from headphone jack. Ya can't hear it beeping when ya on a bike and I don't like earbuds, but ya can definitely see LEDs flashing at ya. There's a guy that makes those LED lights for radar detectors but I'm not paying $70 when I can make it myself for under $10, hehe :)

I due for an update...

Since my seat is on hold, I can cook sm axle sliders. Got a pair on Amazon basically just for material. When I was looking for delrin or nylon for my lathe, it came out that a pair of cheapest Amazon axle sliders are cheaper than a piece of material... So I spun on the lathe those sliders to my preferred dimensions and made a silicone mold so I can make 4 of them from forged carbon fiber:

Here's 2 for starters, I'll finish them when I have all 4 ready and fully cured.

My mods will be overlapping. I ain't gonna sit and watch paint dry, I'll jump on another thing while waiting for parts/materials or waiting for resin to cure.
« I am not an Expert »
a while back I was reading about frame sliders and other protection devices, Carbon fiber was not the material to use as a friction surface, derlin, nylon were.
The cf shreds and cracks and does not offer any protection at all ;( ( they said )

Last edited:
« I am not an Expert »
a while back I was reading about frame sliders and other protection devices, Carbon fiber was not the material to use as a friction surface, derlin, nylon were.
The cf shreds and cracks and does not offer any protection at all ;( ( they said )
Ya're absolutely correct on this! Carbon fiber composite has high friction, and for axle or frame sliders ya need less friction like delrin or nylon, which are much more shock absorbing as well. Do I need them? Nope, not really. But.... but... it's carbon fiber!!! I'm still doing it!!!:D

I started shaping my headlight bucket and ran out of filler. Oh well...

I started getting to know my new sewing machine and practicing for my seat upholstery:

When I thought I was ready to commit, I cut some patterns and started sewing:

I was procrastinating with my seat until I decided just to just go for it coz I have enough material for screw up and redo. Well, I took my time and made it one go without any screwups. That's definitely a win for me, barring in mind that I'm a couple of decades rusty on stitching :)

I've left to fold and glue the edges and... ran out of glue. Oh well... LOL

Looking good. Time to resupply, no glue, no filler.
Since my memory is starting to go downhill (it was never great from the start anyway), I made a list of supplies when I moved coz when I was packing I knew exactly what I have and what I need. Now I can't remember where I put that list... :D

My axle sliders are done but I mounted only rear ones for now. For the front I'll be taking out my axle to put it in my lathe to make a short M6 hole on one side and somehow to figure it out how to mount on the other side with hex bolt hole...

Cushion part of the seat is done as well:

Here's original and my one side by side. As per sitting on it, it feels surprisingly comfortable, but for how long it will, I'll find out in spring lol

Before I can mount my seat to fiberglass/carbon part, something else needs to happen. Now that my bumstop is empty, I'll utilize this space to make some storage. I'll fit my tire inflator and repair kit in there, as well as extra T-shirt or a long sleeve body warmer. For those cases when ya going for a day's trip just get a coffee with fellows guzzistas and realizing that 200km/h wind at 3am is fkn cold...
So I'm working on to make a "cupboard" on my bumstop. Also I cut out all unnecessary fiberglass that was there just so could mold and shape my cushion part:

And before I mount my cushion part, yet another thing needs to happen. When I made my rear fender, I was too greedy for storage space under my seat and made it a wee bit too low. I went through a bigger bump on the road and tire touched it. Twice... That's two times too many for my liking... lol Now it looks ugly, and after taking it out it feels too heavy as well. Now looking at it I think it doesn't need to be as solid as it is. All it does is stops dirt from wheels and stores inside few tools, zipties, tape etc.

Back