• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Mindis V7-850 Mods

Me too. Although this is way way way outside of my comfort zone, I do enjoy watching Mindis go!

I’ve never watched somebody do this to their motorcycle before. 🫣😆😝

Thanks lads, I honestly appreciate the thumbs up:blush:
If all goes well I'll be moving to another house at the end of summer, which has a big shop attached. I haven't had a proper workshop since I moved from Ireland to Canada 6ish years ago. My DIYing ventures atm is kind of inconvenient, I'm working in a carport tent. I can't set up my lathe, other tools, anything that can be stolen coz it's not locked. Resin doesn't cure below 5 C, neither paint dries, and even TIG welding is a challenge due to draft on windy days, nevermind the damp and moisture on rainy days... I always appreciated what I had and wasn't whining about what I wanted and didn't have, therefore I learned to make the most of it from what I have. And from what I have I think my parts are coming out good enough... They might look better in the pics but trust me, there are flaws that ya would notice if ya stick your nose closer :D

You deserve them 👍
First you think up the “ Crazy” or not so crazy ideas
Then you teach yourself how to do it.
And you git er done !

Everyone goes through the first step, but the rest… not always :wasntme:
As long as your happy with the results @&#&#$@ them :rofl:

Somehow I managed to screw up expandable foam again on my seat, as if I'm on my first day at DIYing LOL While curing it lifted away from cling film. Oh well, I'll go get some more foam...

I'm still prepping and patching my belly pan and number plate holder. If it would be fiberglass and painted I'd be done ages ago, gloss carbon fiber finish doesn't take that long either. But satin finish is not forgiving at all and surface before final resin scrub has to be no less than perfect. It cannot be any raw carbon showing or any dimples, otherwise it'll be visible patches. So before final coat of resin I'm patching little dimples with tinted resin mixed with cabosil powder, it makes resin a putty-like substance. It will be black dots that doesn't sparkle like carbon fiber but under last coat of resin they'll blend in and won't be noticeable.
In last pic there's carbon strips as well. They'll be my fins for the bottom hole of my belly pan. Behind them there'll be a mesh and I epoxied pieces of wire onto them to hold center part of the mesh and to prevent them fins from flopping.

Seat foam, take 3 :) I taped upholstery part with low-stick masking tape and did few passes with expandable foam, letting it to fully cure between them. There was enough flex in the foam so I managed to take it off without breaking it. Another win is that masking tape didn't stick to the foam hard enough and I was able to peel it off later.

Shaped. Front part is following tank's lines:

I'm looking for someone local atm who can do a cafe racer style seat I'm after. And I hope that someone can replicate my foam guide coz I got it dialed in the way want it... I made my seating part shorter and I just fit in it. Buttcheeks are sitting flat'ish, knees are raming into tank's bumpouts, my thys have no pressure on them at all. I was sitting on that hard foam for 20mins to check for comfort and it looks fine but only a longer ride will tell once it's on the bike. It obviously will not be as comfortable as original and I know it :)

Shade Tree Upholstery in Comox?
I saw them but wasn't sure of their style... There's a guy Al Swanky in Nanaimo that does some intricate stuff:) I really want to upholster it myself but I don't have a sewing machine, nor the threads or material. My mother was a seamstress college teacher and I learned to sew when I was 8 (ish) so I'm more then capable of this task, it's just I'm not doing it all the time so it'll not be worth it. I'm keep on thinking about it though lol

I brag about my wins yet I'm humble about my fails as well... I mean, I'm not Chuck Norris... LOL
So I wanted to make those fancy shock mount washers from carbon fiber. I forgot that my resin is for laminating and not a casting resin. So a bigger resin volume boiled up on me and mold turned out just as good as my #2 in the morning after my coffee and a smoke. I thought I might still salvage the mold and make it happen but my carbon washers turned out like my second #2 after my second coffee and a smoke... I ordered some mold casting silicone for little parts but for now here's a pic of how I fill my garbage bin sometimes :D

Another fail...
I'm aware that colored fiberglass exhaust wrapping is just dyed white fiberglass. I have red one elsewhere that's turning dirty pink and orange color one that from exhaust heat is turning to warm-baby-diarrhea color. Ya can't color glass, that's how it is, I just for some reason thought that black exhaust wrapping is somewhat burned towards carbon fiber and won't loose it's color. Not the first time I'm wrong, not the last time either LOL So shortly after it was wrapped, it started fading at highest heat spots. I saw people are spraying it with same high temp exhaust paint, I'll look into it later, for now I just go ride and don't want to be stranded:)

When I got my clip-ons I inverted my brackets for my handlebars to be flat'ish, bobber style. After one riding season I started to feel that it's not that comfortable... It kinda gives more pressure to the outside of palms, on the pinky side, rather than gripping all the way. Kinda not as natural feel. So changed my clip-on brackets the right way as they suppose to be. Hands height and riding posture is till the same, only now I have handlebars pointing down a bit instead of level'ish previously. I went for little rip and it feels much better this way but need more saddle time to call it good. I have to get my ergonomics right before I start my headlight cowl because that will partially dictate ho it will look. I don't like how brackets sticking out at the top triple but that's one of the extremely rare cases when I favor comfort over looks LOL

I'm ready for final finish for my belly pan but there's still a lot needs to happen before that...
Bottom mount with standoffs:

For the top mount I made some brackets, ...

..., and mounted my belly pan in place using super precise spacers to make sure I have an exact gap of 3 popsicle stick thickness. I mean, it can't possible be a more precise measurement than that.... LOL

After tacking brackets on, I reinforced with carbon fiber cloth patches. When I have to do smth like that I usually make it from the same resin mix. I take a part of the mix and add cabosil powder to make a putty to fill gaps and then work with cloth from the same mix. It's stronger and quicker this way:)

And here's my win LOL Finally finished my number plate bracket:

Back side doesn't have to be perfect and painted as I intended:

And it's mounted. I just couldn't wait till I get rid of that number plate from under my seat. I like totally naked rear end and it was triggering me...

After a short ride it looks like it's not shaking or vibrating, nor when engine is idling. I'll ask my buddy to have a look at it at higher speeds when we go for a longer ride but as of now it's just as I wanted:)
I haven't connected my number plate lights yet, picture is just from a spare battery. I'm planning to connect it in the way that it turns on when I turn my lights on. No need to have it on all the time. It turns out that my system might be too close to number plate and slightly too bright. It kinda cast a shadow on raised numbers and letters so I'll play with some spacers later, and I can dim the brightness with tinting clearcoat. Also in the picture it looks blue'ish but it reality it's not, it's cool white color:)

2 cents from the armchair, what about if you used a metal tube /férule inside the carbon shock washers to take the actual compression force that holds them on, maybe with a washer on either end ?

And plz ignore my chicken strips, I'm working on it...:D
You are building a carbon edition for sure!!!

One suggestion I have for you is change your attachment on the bottom… If you catch anything your sump breaks...

With the vibration rubbers it’s more likely that it just rips the rubber.. 4B65D12E 1C1C 47E1 93CE 2F57A7D98238

B686B392 E5F9 4355 93E6 A5C06BD6D23F

Last edited:
2 cents from the armchair, what about if you used a metal tube /férule inside the carbon shock washers to take the actual compression force that holds them on, maybe with a washer on either end ?
I thought of that but then I thought "Meh, I can hammer this out very quickly, not my first rodeo", and here we are... :D
You are building a carbon edition for sure!!!

One suggestion I have for you is change your attachment on the bottom… If you catch anything your sump breaks...

With the vibration rubbers it’s more likely that it just rips the rubber..
One more big carbon job will be headlight cowl lol
I was gonna leave this way until I get M6 countersink bolts, finding metric hardware in my area is bit of a challenge. But now that ya mentioned, even countersink bolts doesn't appeal anymore lol I'll order them dampeners asap, thanks man!👊

Back