• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

My Experience With Sending My Dash and Keys to Carmo BV in The Netherlands For Repair

I'm retiring to Mandello del Lario in about 3 years! Goodbye USA. Buongiorno Italia!

That looks like a wonderful place to live!

I always wanted to visit Cremona, which is the birthplace of the violin.

I assume you can speak the language?

Jason

Perhaps Todd could use them for unlocking his Reflash tools?

Huh?

Do you have a problem? I don’t understand the backhanded blow there JasonC.

I have always found Todd to be highly responsive to customer service needs. I have purchased many things from him over the years with no issue that he didn’t solve very quickly for me.

I’ve had his reflash tool for probably close to 10 years now. No issues.

As a warning…He is Italian, just like me, so like me, he doesn’t take kindly to rudeness or fools, but he is always responsive to politeness.

He’s a mirror, like me.

If you have a problem, communicate with him respectfully and I know he will assist you happily.

Last edited:
I don’t understand the backhanded blow there JasonC.
I'm sorry you interpreted my comment as backhanded; it was not meant to be.

I was sincerely wondering about the breadth and depth of Carmo Bv's capabilities relative to Guzzi electronics. And since they seem to be so responsive, I thought Todd might like to have another source for some of his products/services--if it fits.

By the way, my grandfather was born and raised in Italy before moving to Connecticut.

Jason

As a warning…He is Italian, just like me, so like me, he doesn’t take kindly to rudeness or fools, but he is always responsive to politeness.
Scott, with all due respect, I don't know anyone who "takes kindly to rudeness or fools".

Jason

Ah...

You haven't been here long enough yet to see it. Believe me. People breeze in here and take pot shots at Todd, John, Steve, Me, the regulars...it happens a lot. Some of the regulars are able to just ignore it for the most part. Some of us get really irritated.

People also have thought that instead of just emailing or messaging Todd, that they think they will win friends and influence people to their cause by taking pot shots at Todd. It never ever goes as they had hoped.

That is why I said I didn't understand your comment. I didn't think you were doing that, but I was wondering if you had a real problem with your Flash Tool. That's what I was trying to say and do.

My mistake. Apologies tendered. No worries.

Peace!

I was sincerely wondering about the breadth and depth of Carmo Bv's capabilities relative to Guzzi electronics. And since they seem to be so responsive, I thought Todd might like to have another source for some of his products/services--if it fits.

By the way, my grandfather was born and raised in Italy before moving to Connecticut.
Carmo is/was involved with the development of the dashboard (only) with/for Guzzi. I have used them personally for well over a decade as needed. Good people. There is a U.S. handling division, but all work is done in NL, so they simply ship there and charge you for that as well. So best to ship direct for the most expedited handling. Pics below of their facilities in the Netherlands.

Where in Italia was your grandfather from?

CarmoNL 1 CarmoNL 2

My grandfathers name was Leon Marc Timidei and he was from the north side of Rome.

Unfortunately he died before I was born, so I didn't get a chance to meet him. When my grandfather died my grandmother lost contact with much of his side of the family. He had a sister, Adele, that moved to Lajoia, California that I got to meet once when I was about 10 years old, but unfortunately I didn't get a chance to meet any other relatives.

Timidei is an unusual name and I thought about trying to find some of my grandfather's relations in Italy, but I'm not sure how to go about it-- especially since I know so little about him.

The Carmo facility looks really professional; thanks for posting the pics.

Jason

Ok, my dash arrived back from Carmo.nl today via UPS. The speed of the repair and turnaround was amazing! I'm also very impressed with UPS bringing it back to me. Thank you Carmo!

IMG 6823

As I requested, Jimmy from Carmo shipped it back to me in my original Orange Pelican type box from Harbor Freight, and everything was in perfect condition! There was a nice professional printed cardstock paper note with my information and User Code written on it, which was placed inside of my case.

The only downside to this whole process, is that on the very rim of the dash, right where the painted grey meets the chrome plastic bezels, there were some very small pry marks where they had to pry the dash apart.

Remember, this dash was NEVER meant to be opened and serviced!

These marks are I am sure, unavoidable. However, I took a stiff plastic bodywork pry tool (just some rigid plastic blade really) and pressed down the divots in the grey painted plastic part of the dash. I pushed them back down and smoothed them out the best I could.

I suspect in the summer heat, when the dash really gets warm, I will revisit this and press them down a little more, and then they will be almost hardly noticeable. Most people would never notice it if you didn't point it out to them.

I did plug the dash into the motorcycle without remounting it back into the fairing, just to test the keys CarmoI had programmed, and sure enough, both keys worked splendid and exactly as expected.

I will reprogram the User Code as soon as I get the dsh remounted back into the fairing.

All in all, my experience with Carmo was very good. I feel that I received VALUE for my money, and that the whole experience with Carmo in Holland was excellent. They took very good care of my equipment, communicated well with me, and returned my equipment exactly as I sent it to them, with everything done to it that I requested, and after all, isn't that what this is really about?

My Norge is now working exactly as was intended from the factory, and in about 30 minutes, my new code will be programmed into my dash, and then be recorded in the first page of my Users Manual, as well as my journal in my safe.

So if you have a perfectly working dash, with AT LEAST, 2 different transponder coded keys programmed to your dash, and you know your User Code and have it written down someplace logical and safe, like the front page of the Owners Manual, or on a label under your saddle, then you are good to go and have no worries.

However, if you need this service from Carmo, like I, and many others who have purchased used Moto Guzzi motorcycles, I can highly recommend them and especially I suggest contacting Jimmy Schings directly at the email I listed for him earlier. He was excellent!

- Scott
IMG 6826 IMG 6827 IMG 6828 IMG 6829 IMG 6830

Last edited:
Yes, given the function restored, I can live with the divots. Truly, like I said, when it gets warm, I may just lay a very small bead of clear caulk in that tight groove between the grey and silver, and then it would look just like a factory sealing job.

Well, the dash is re-installed into motorcycle. Works perfect.

I used both of my now programmed to the dash, (different transponder code) keys to try out the RESET CODE function. Worked perfectly!

Code now reset so DeadEye cannot come and steal my beautiful Norge! :D

I've also ordered a bunch of new keys with unique transponder codes (about $6.12 each for 6), and I will cut them with my Security Key Cutter in my shop, and then program them to the dashes on the Norge, Stelvio, and 1200 Sport with the Firmware function for doing this so that each dash will now have 4 unique keys loaded into it.

It was a great day!

Now, 3 days of Snowapocalypse! Yuck.

If you are in it with me, be safe and stay warm! :)

Last edited:
Bit of a thead revival sorry, but such spot on information that relates exactly to my issue with my new 2007 Norge. 1 working key. No user code. Found 2nd unprogramed (non chip?) key taped to interior of left pannier. Seller does not know the code.
Still plan on contacting the previous owner before him and trying all the usual suspect # combos.
Contacted Carmo Electronics and got a quick reply. Send dash and keys.
What was the final cost all in?
Is there a way to determine if the key is not chipped?
It turns the dash on but after the sweep ask for "key code"
My first Guzzi and a salvaged aka rescue bike at that.
Wife and I are talking retirement to Italy and abroad as well. Feeling I may be in the right company here.

Hello.

Without the code or 2 unique transponder code keys already programmed to the dash, you cannot tell if the key has a transponder chip or not.

You are vulnerable as you know. If you check on their website, Carmo lists their prices.

Back