• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

n00b

Tomintoul

Tuned and Synch'ed
Alright all,
Name's Rob and I've just been and bought a 2013 Stelvio 8V and should be picking it up on Saturday, all going well. Now all I need to do is get rid of the Caponord that's taking up space in the garage! I've been pondering a Stelvio for a few years, but last time I changed bikes (from a Triumph Scrambler to the Capo), the tank size put me off. Thankfully that's no longer an issue and I'm now the happy owner of a shiny new Stelvio!

Anyway, hi
Cheers
Rob

where are you, my Stelvio has been so un-reliable I would love to find an older ETV if within the southeast US

Alright all,
Name's Rob and I've just been and bought a 2013 Stelvio 8V and should be picking it up on Saturday, all going well. Now all I need to do is get rid of the Caponord that's taking up space in the garage! I've been pondering a Stelvio for a few years, but last time I changed bikes (from a Triumph Scrambler to the Capo), the tank size put me off. Thankfully that's no longer an issue and I'm now the happy owner of a shiny new Stelvio!

Anyway, hi
Cheers
Rob

Congrates on the new bike. You will love the ride and the experience. Nothing like it. If you treat it right, she will treat you right. Enjoy................

Hey Guys,
Cheers for the welcomes - Uzidzit, I'd love to flog you my Capo, but unfortunately I'm in Europe - Southern Bavaria, which is handy because I can see the Alps from my bedroom and there's good riding pretty much everywhere. I suppose I ought to update my profile with all the relevant details!
Uzidzit, if you can find a well sorted Capo, you'll be a very happy chappy. They go like stink, handle beautifully and are all day comfy. Screen buffeting can be a pain. I love mine, but it is a pain in the bum to work on and I had no end of electrical gremlins. I've just changed the loom out on mine and found the final problem a week after I got the Stelvio. Imagine my wife's joy :D Anyway, she's finally charging properly, which she didn't do for the last 2 years, so now all I need to do is put her all back together, give her a bloody good clean and see how much I get for her. TBH, I'll just be glad to have the garage space back :)

Cheers
Rob

Last edited:
Do not be in a real big hurry to sell the etv, the Stelvio is riddled with problems so if you like to ride keep a spare bike around...I love the stelvio but it has been the worst bike I have ever had, so far In the first 2 years I have spent 1/2 the cost of the bike in reppairs and towing, None covered by the piaggio shit worthless warranty

Do not be in a real big hurry to sell the etv, the Stelvio is riddled with problems so if you like to ride keep a spare bike around...I love the stelvio but it has been the worst bike I have ever had, so far In the first 2 years I have spent 1/2 the cost of the bike in reppairs and towing, None covered by the piaggio shit worthless warranty
R u done now trashing the stelvio. I know u have problems with your bike but get over it and move on. If u have not noticed no one has agreed with anything u said....on any forum. if u have a problem use all this pent up anger and call piaggio. All you are doing is bringing down the quality of the forum. Obviously you have a personal vendetta to bring down Guzzi. Don't bother, they have a 100 years or so on you. Pretty sure that speaks for it self.

Stelvio is a good bike. Take care of it and it will take care of you. Ship happens with any brand of bike.

ok I am never trying to be helpful and bring down the quality of the forum
do not see my posts
https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/th...ension-spring-rates-measurements-notes.11133/
https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/fork-rebuild-information-should-have-said-re-valve.12691/

PS I have problems with 3 Piaggio bikes in a row they have $47,000usd I do not have a rideable bike ...they do not answer the phone or respond to email or snailmail, just being honest

so I just got un-lucky 3 out of 3....

I

ok I am never trying to be helpful and bring down the quality of the forum
do not see my posts
https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/th...ension-spring-rates-measurements-notes.11133/
https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/fork-rebuild-information-should-have-said-re-valve.12691/

PS I have problems with 3 Piaggio bikes in a row they have $47,000usd I do not have a rideable bike ...fasterthey do not answer the phone or respond to email or snailmail, just being honest

so I just got un-lucky 3 out of 3....

I
Like has been said here before anything mechanical can have issues but some brands and models seem to have more than others. I personally have had more little problems with my 13 Stelvio than any other bike Ive ever owned, I still have a positive attitude about the bike but my issues have been small, if I had the downtime your bike has had it would be gone and forgotten by now. Lifes to short to ride a crappy bike.

Uzidzit, any bike's a PITA if it's causing you nothing but grief. I had no end of trouble with my Capo, all electrics, but I still love the bike. I'll be glad to shift it, but only because I have a tendency to ride it quicker than I should. The bummer is that whoever gets it after me will finally have the perfectly working bike I should have had for the last few years. I'll console myself with a shiny new Stelvio and get some more miles under my belt (2k so far). The Guzzi puts a smile on my face like the Capo never really did, more like my Triumph Scrambler did.

Cheers
Rob

Back