• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Griso owner !!!

Bunjy

Just got it firing!
Well I pulled the trigger on a new to me 2007 Griso 1100 with 3100 km ( 1900 miles) its a beautiful bike. Cant wait to get more involved and being part of the Moto Guzzi Community.

The bike has sat for the last 3 years, so when I brought it home I changed the oil and tried to get the filter off but no luck (the local dealer is out and has a wrench on order for me) so defeated I left the filter and put in new oil. Now I have the oil pressure light on and the message screen says "! Service" I cleared the error messages but it just popped back up. I cant get it in for a service for 3 weeks and I really want to ride it, any thoughts??

Thanks,

Go into the diagnostic menu and see what the error code is. Service codes are listed here https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/service-codes.917/ For how to use the menu, download the 1100 Breva general service manual via the resources tab.

Once you get into the diagnostics and see the code(s), clear them and restart the bike. If the problem is still present, let us know.

Also check that you didn't disturb the connection to the oil pressure sensor. It is located on the front left of the engine near the top of the block. I doubt you did because it is hard to get to.

If you had changed the filter, that light will appear if you didn't fill the filter with oil before installing. When you do install a replacement filter, torque to 15Nm, no more.

Thanks John, I did clear all codes and then restarted and it came back on, the error code I got was

DSB 08 - Oil pressure anomaly

I didn't go near the front of the bike...

Either the wire came off the pressure switch, or the sending unit is defective. This is know to be a problem area. For that code I think it is saying the engine has oil pressure when it isn't running. That means the switch is not in the normally closed position which would indicate no oil pressure, or again the wire isn't sending a signal to the dash because of a poor or non existent connection. First investigate the wire connection to the sending unit.

This sucks, I swung by the dealership and they warned Me not ride it,so I had to leave it and they can't
Look at it until august 11, by the time I can ride it summer will be mostly over..

welocme to the Modern Guzzi world...work on it all winter ride it for a week in spring....Major failure...miss all summer riding while the Italians are on vacation waiting for parts ....Repeat (make damn sure you have a suzuki as well in the garage if you like to ride)

If you want to short cut the process just order a sender from MG cycles and replace
they are cheap and if it isn't bad on a g11 now it will be just after you start running it, they only take a few minutes to swap out...sort of if this bike is new to you and you do not have experience with them of this era, the rattle in the clutch is ok.you do not hear this on the newer griso yours is a twin plate clutch...Far superior to the current design

The G11 has been super reliable for the most part sans the fuel pump hose/filter issue. If your dealer is going to make your wait too long, this is the sensor and you can do it yourself; http://www.mgcycle.com/product_info.php?products_id=2387 -- I know why they are telling you not to ride it (no oil pressure is a LONG shot on this bike), but things could happen I suppose.
It's not all doom and gloom. All of my Guzzi's have been largely flawless outside of some small things that should've been warranty, but I chose to fix them myself and be sure the job is done correctly.

The last 2 NEW ones I have taken delivery of have all been unridable for 3/4 of the 2 year warranty period, and Piaggiog has done zippo to support the warranty, MY '12NTX I paid 16K plus tax title reg , and have paid thus far 7340$ in parts towing and repairs during the warranty peroid and it has been rideable 6-7 mths out of the last 2 years, The griso was delivered in an unsafe to ride condition according to Piaggio and should not be ridden,,,,from day one this was 18 mths ago and still no resoloution

My Guzzis pre Piaggio were rough to start but you always knew a little work and love and attention the first few thousand miles and they would be great for a long time...The Current era I had really high hopes for as they looked so good but the issues have been many, and un-like days past un-ending

Last edited:
Got it back from the Shop, sure enough, pressure sensor.... so they ordered me one, but the bike is fine to ride in the meantime. Thanks for all the great feedback!

The last 2 NEW ones I have taken delivery of have all been unridable for 3/4 of the 2 year warranty period, and Piaggiog has done zippo to support the warranty, MY '12NTX I paid 16K plus tax title reg , and have paid thus far 7340$ in parts towing and repairs during the warranty peroid and it has been rideable 6-7 mths out of the last 2 years, The griso was delivered in an unsafe to ride condition according to Piaggio and should not be ridden,,,,from day one this was 18 mths ago and still no resoloution
My Guzzis pre Piaggio were rough to start but you always knew a little work and love and attention the first few thousand miles and they would be great for a long time...The Current era I had really high hopes for as they looked so good but the issues have been many, and un-like days past un-ending.

Wow, glad I am not you. My Guzzi experiences have been pretty much the opposite of yours. Only once has my Griso failed me and that was quickly dealt with by the dealer (the fuel line issue). Otherwise it has been pretty bullet proof. It has enough miles on it now that it may need a new clutch, but they do wear out on all brands.
The best thing about my Guzzi's (we have 4) is the low amount of effort required to keep them running, which is pretty impressive considering the Griso is the newest of the bunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, glad I am not you. My Guzzi experiences have been pretty much the opposite of yours. Only once has my Griso failed me and that was quickly dealt with by the dealer (the fuel line issue). Otherwise it has been pretty bullet proof. It has enough miles on it now that it may need a new clutch, but they do wear out on all brands.
The best thing about my Guzzi's (we have 4) is the low amount of effort required to keep them running, which is pretty impressive considering the Griso is the newest of the bunch.

10,000 miles in 1 1/2 years on my 2 Guzzis with zero problems.

Done over 100,000 Klms on guzzi's in the last 7 year's and haven't had to walk or get trailered home yet.Not a lot of other riders I ride with on other makes of bike can say that..

10,000 miles in 1 1/2 years on my 2 Guzzis with zero problems.

I just turned over 7,000 miles since May 2014 from brand new 13 Griso and it has been problem free. I think the stock pipe is starting to sound meaner! Only trouble is I'm ready for a new tire.

Back