Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

Service Codes

Discussion in 'CARC' started by john zibell, Oct 29, 2008.

1. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Moto Guzzi Service Codes:

Breva 850 & 1100 -- 36421 or 36424; With joystick: 28315

1200 Sport -- 36421 - For models with button control, (i.e. like the Griso set-up) --OR-- 28315 - for the 'Joystick' type (like the Norge/Breva 11 etc.).

2007-10 Norge 1200 2V & 2012+ 4V -- 28315

Griso 850 , 1100 & 1200 -- 12425

Griso 8V -- 12425

Bellagio -- 21959

Stelvio -- 10695

1400 California -- 34534 With special thanks to kiwi dave

2. Gary

Gary Cruisin' Guzzisti

Well done John, I got my Stelvio code on the service book cover. it seems we need all the old info again

3. pkubitz

pkubitz Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Two questions: 1) How do you enter the service code?

I have an '09 Stelvio and when I turn the key to the "on" position, the dash display the message "Remember to insert your user code". The message does not prevent me from starting the bike.

2) Is the user code read from the key?

4. john zibell

The user code is different from the service code. It is entered so that if the system doesn't recognize your key, you can enter the user code and the bike will run. Entering the user code is in the menu system. See this link http://www.servicemotoguzzi.com/public/ ... 202008.pdf page 59 if you don't have your owners manual. Instructions are on page 67, since you don't have a current user code, put in what you want. Most use the service code so there is one less number to remember.

Service code is entered to get DTCs and to reset the service icon. This is under the diagnostics area in the menu system.

beuwiq likes this.
  5. pkubitz

pkubitz Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

THANKS JOHN, I'll see if I can enter a new code. Since the book does not go into any detail, when you are entering a code, are you just using the mode button to toggle through numbers and letters on the display? -Patrick

6. Brevabrabo

Brevabrabo Cruisin' Guzzisti

Also a question about the personal code. When I got the bike and started it the first time the display asked to enter a personal code.
    So I did no problem. I forgot all about it (not the code). But I wonder when I need that personal code or whatfore?
    Maybe when I have to enter a new key? :S
    Never used or needed it, but I can't find any info about it.

Ciao Dolf. :)

7. Brevabrabo

Brevabrabo Cruisin' Guzzisti

Sorry I just woke up and did't read all the posts. :blush: :blush:
    Found my answer already.
    :lol:

Ciao Dolf. :)

8. john zibell

pkubitz wrote:
    Yes, see the first paragraph on page 59.

9. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

Not that it currently affects me, but I wonder about the code for the Griso 8V. It is six digits, all the others are five.

Typo perhaps?

10. pete roper

pete roper GT Godfather!

kiwi dave wrote:
    I read it somewhere? In the manual perhaps, can't remember, but 12425 works fine for my 8V.

Pete

11. GuzziHero

GuzziHero Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Many thanks :D Just zapped the service warning on my Griso :D

12. Brushwarrior

Brushwarrior Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi John
    I didnt know my breva 11 had a joystick, what do you mean?
    I have to reset the service code as the spanner is now appearing on the dash instruments yet service was done 1100 miles earlier
    than scheduled due to holiday in ireland and wales.

Sorry to ask

Steve

13. NeroGuzzi

NeroGuzzi Cruisin' Guzzisti

Steve: Use the button to reset it. The button you use to toggle through the menu items is the same one for inputing the code.

14. pete roper

pete roper GT Godfather!

I thought that all Brevas used the Joystick control but seeing Jon's in LA last week i realized that some of them have the Griso type button set-up.

The 'Joystick' type is the one where you have one sliding switch in the middle of the cluster that can slide left and right and be depressed in the centre position.

The 'Button' type used on the Griso, (And obviously some Brevas!) has a three way sliding switch that says 'Mode' and 'Trip 1' and 'Trip 2' or some such. and then a button on the FRONT of the switchblock just beneath the clutch lever.

Pete

15. Brushwarrior

Peter
    Thanks for making it alot clearer for me. couldnt find anything in the handbook about it

regards
    Steve
    BSE GB

16. NeroGuzzi

NeroGuzzi Cruisin' Guzzisti

pete roper wrote:
    My Breva 1100 is exactly as Pete describes above.

17. Brushwarrior

yep can confirm my 2005 breva 1100 has button type with a sliding switch - mode 1 and 2 etc.
    36421 worked a treat, just like those digital watches in setting up, length of time you press the button and number etc. just like morse code. lol.
    thanks everyone
    looking for another guzzi to join the breva, either a 650/750 twin or california type to modify/restore :-D

Cheers
    Steve
    Suffolk GB

18. AllanK

AllanK Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi All

I was recently contacted by a chap who bought his bike second hand from a so called dealer without books or all the keys.
    He has no idea of his bike"s user code. Any idea whether ?or not he can access that info?

Also he had another key cut and doesn't know how to have the chip in the key recognized by the bike to allow it to start. Any ideas?

Thanks AllanK

19. GuzziHero

GuzziHero Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Which model?

The service codes for each model are listed on the first post of this thread. This cannot be changed, afaik. The personal user code for each rider, which is required to program new keys, is often set as the same as the service code for simplicity.

However, the owners and workshop manuals are available here: https://www.guzzitech.com/MGGriso/Manuals.html

20. AllanK

AllanK Tuned and Synch'ed

Thanks for the reply. His bike is a Breva. I think that it is a 1100 but could be a 750. But I don't suppose that that matters.

AllanK