• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New nervous griso owner

Guzzi are a national icon in Italy but nobody actually rides 'em. I don't think anyone there gets 'Special Treatment'.

Personally I think that the situation in the UK seems particularly bad. In the US it just seems like the whole thing is run inefficiently and ineffectually. In the UK it seems that there is a deep seated ignorance and arrogance on the part of the management of the importer coupled with a large dose of stupidity on the part of many dealers, (That seems to be almost universal mind!). Obviously there are good dealers, Haywards in Cambridge, Gordon's shop in Southampton and Corsa in South London all have good reps and there must be others too but this is overshadowed by large numbers of dealers who seem to think that owning a bike shop should be a licence to print money while sneering at your customers.

If you look at the sorry state of woe that Dave's bike became due to the butchery and lack of interest on the part of not only his dealer but also the Pommy importer it's hard to see why ANYBODY would buy a Guzzi!

Even here I am continuously confronted by tales of people saying "Oh it takes forever for warranty to be approved and parts aren't available!". Oz is a VERY small market and I think it quite reasonable that the importer can't have *everything*, especially 'Big Ticket' items in stock but when I have warrantied parts such as 8V cylinder heads or had to order something like a wheel for a 1200 Sport that wasn't in stock the warranty has been approved usually within 24 hours and few parts have taken longer than a fortnight, including the head and wheel. All the other parts for the crash damaged 1200 Sport WERE in stock. Brake disc, wheel spindle, fork leg slider, luggage etc. I was pleasantly surprised. This once again makes me think that a lot of the problems people are experiencing are down to the dealers either being unwilling or incapable of filling out an on-line form or having the "I've got your money. Now you're on your own!" mentality.

No company can expect stellar results with representatives with that attitude! Especially when they are being asked to shell out top dollar for a unique product!!

Pete

Given the high price tags, Mama Guzzi could at least set up a phone support service and have a small team of go-around-the markets wizards giving their dealers know-how, support and keeping an eye on the quality of services.
They are in Piaggio group long enough now and it is really inexplicable why something so simple is not being done.
They could have set up a i.e. Roper-Todd orchestrated task force of say 5 people and 3-4 secretaries/phone operators.
Things would improve pretty fast!

Here in Greece, what helps is the proximity to Italy, EU lack of fees and the strong afficionados support. The factory support seems to end at the selling floor.

Personally I think all brands have this problem. It's just a lot easier to find a good dealership for <insert more popular brand name> because of the volume of dealerships is much higher then the number of Guzzi dealerships. Percentage wise I'd guess that the good to bad dealership ratio is similar.

GuzziHero said:
Its shameful how Piaggio/Guzzi treat their customers and dealers, I can see why DK in Newcastle told them to do a Bob's Dog. Makes you wonder why we bother :(

Sometimes I really do think the company is just riding on its name, and only cares about Italian customers... or maybe they dont care about them, either.

I had a great experience with Moto Guzzi USA in NYC. The dealer I bought my G8V, when it was brand new, all of a sudden stopped 'being a MG dealer' so when I asked the dealer about the papers in my Maintenance booklet labeled "Warranty Activation"; he told me "don't worry about that". Not knowing any better and figuring that everyone is an honest person. I rode home figuring he already activated it for me. After I got home and read more on guzzitech forums, I decided to call a different dealership and have them check to see if my G8V (#111898) fell under the cam follower recall. Indeed it did fall under the campaign and no, it wasn't serviced. And no, the warranty was never activated. I called up Moto Guzzi USA in New York, NY and talked to a customer service rep there. He handled my case and was very informative, kept me in the loop the whole way through and from first call to warranty activation was only 4 business days. I don't have any complaints about MG HQ in the US.

Not sure what kind of negative experiences other people have had, but I can't say anything bad about Piaggio/Guzzi (except for that dealer, who isn't a dealer anymore.. for good reason).

-Phil

While we are talking about dealers...

DK Newcastle (UK) were a Guzzi dealer but wouldnt touch my '79 V50/II if I paid them in gold. Odd.

Oh, and Moto Ecosse in Scotland are f'n scumbags. They must have thought all their xmas' had come at once when I bought that Cali from them.

Back