• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

NEW Norge seat by Corbin......yes, its available!!

Re:NEW Norge seat by Corbin......yes, its availabl

Received the Corbin seat on Sept. 1, 2009. Have only put on a few miles on it back and forth to work but already can tell it is a major improvement over the stock saddle. Build time was maybe 2 weeks. Fit and finish is typical Corbin with no problems in mounting the seat.

ncassidy wrote:
Received the Corbin seat on Sept. 1, 2009. Have only put on a few miles on it back and forth to work but already can tell it is a major improvement over the stock saddle. Build time was maybe 2 weeks. Fit and finish is typical Corbin with no problems in mounting the seat.

Any pictures yet?

Geordie wrote:
That rules me out. At 5'10" and 32" inseam I can flat foot comfortably from the stock seat. I want about 1-2" higher seat

I just ordered a Corbin seat. Like you I didn't want my seat to be any lower, I feel cramped enough as it is. The good part about a custom seat is that you can order it up in the manner which you want it. I asked them for an extra inch of padding so that the seat height would be the same as stock, they were happy to comply and it costs no more that what their normal seat would. They have to build it anyway so why not build it to your specs?

guzzibob wrote:
Another option not discusssed here for the short of ineam like myself is the Guzzi lowered seat, which unlike the stock seat is a gel seat. When I purchased mine 5/08 for some reason the Breva version was about $200, the Norge version about $300,
Interesting how prices vary from one country to another.
Here in the UK, the Norge seat is 129 UKP, and the Breva one 128 UKP.

Now that I have had the Corbin saddle on the bike for a couple of weeks and 2 or 3 lengthy rides, I must say it is a big improvement over the stock setup. It does sit lower so I feel i am sitting more in the bike rather then on top of it. I too thought that being lower it would bother my legs (32" inseam) being more bent, but actually it is more comfortable. I can also move around on the seat front to back and I don't get the squashed gonad syndrome. Couple pictures here.

I just got my corbin seat and I asked them to raise it 1" and back 1". I know the passenger now has less room but I did not buy the bike for them. Very happy with the fit and finish. Can't wait to ride.

I'm still waiting for Corbin to return my Norge's seat, which has now been in their possession for going on six weeks, waiting for them to fix their own screw up :angry: . Corbin is truly the crappiest company I've ever had to deal with and I will never do business with them again. Once they have your money they seem to have little interest in customer service.

Not that I'm interested in a Corbin seat (I'm happy with the MG lowered/gel Breva seat mounted on my Norge), but I am curious, what exactly is the nature of Corbn's screw up?

guzzibob said:
Not that I'm interested in a Corbin seat (I'm happy with the MG lowered/gel Breva seat mounted on my Norge), but I am curious, what exactly is the nature of Corbn's screw up?

After paying $650.00 and waiting 3 weeks, I recieved my Corbin seat for the Norge a couple of months ago and I was not at all happy when I pulled it out of the box and discovered a few problems. 1, there is a small cut in one of the side panels. 2, there was white stuff or glue on the rear portion of the seat. 3, the biggest problem, they used the wrong materials in making the seat. The seat was suppose to have Carbon-Fiber leather seating panels and Carbonite trim, just as it is pictured on the Corbin web page. What I got was a seat with standard leather seating and no Carbonite trim. I contacted Travis at Corbin. At first he said that I received what I ordered and the seat comes standard with regular black leather and no Carbonite trim. I told him he better look at his own company's description of the seat at which point I then read the description from Corbin’s own web site, “On top, we include genuine leather seating panels for a luxurious ride. Our standard design includes Black Carbon-Fiber leather seating with Asphalt vinyl contrasting sides, Carbonite Trim & Tri-Color embroidered Corbin logo. For ultra clean looks we do not recommend using a "welt" on this saddle model. “ Travis then put me on hold and when he returned to the phone he informed me he had spoken to his manager and apparently they had run out of the Carbon-Fiber leather and Carbinite trim so they just used standard leather…… :blink: WTF!!!!! I told Travis that if someone places a $650.00 order for a custom seat that is suppose to be made out of a material that the company runs out of, then you call the customer and explain the situation. What you don’t do is make it with whatever you want to without at least making a call to the customer and get his approval for the change. Travis said that they will have the correct materials at the shop in a couple of weeks at which time they will pay to ship the seat back to Corbin for a redo. Travis also gave me the option of just keeping the wrongly made seat and "Getting use to it", which I declined. So the seat was sent back to them but instead of fixing their own mistake as quickly as possible I guess I got stuck at the bottom of the pile and have now been waiting for six weeks for the return of my seat. I was warned about buying from Corbin and now I wish I would have listened. What really pissed me off is a couple of weeks ago I was on a 2500 mile road trip to the Gulf Coast and that seat that I paid for would have been nice to use. :evil:
I just got off the phone with Travis at Corbin once again, and he has no idea where my seat is at or why they haven't fixed it yet, but he is looking into it and will get back to me when he finds out....Great company, right??? :S

Ahh, the Corbin bad experience continues. After waiting nearly 8 weeks for Corbin to return my wrongly made Norge seat, I just received the recovered seat a few minutes ago and guess what?? They recovered it in the same exact wrong stuff that they used the first time. Corbin must hire the dumbest f!@#ing morons they can find to work at their shop. Because, despite talking to two different people at that company who both said the shop screwed up and they understood that I wanted my seat recovered in what it is advertised to be covered in, they still can't get it right. I was even sent a copy of the rework order that says right on it, that it is to be recovered as advertised on their website. On this seat they also put a seam right where your butt sits on this piece of crap. At least the first seat looked good and was comfortable. This one looks like sh@# and that seam combined with the hardness of the seat is going to make the stock seat seem like an easy chair in comparison. Now they're about to shut down for the Christmas break so in mid January it will go back again and we'll see if they can get it right. Dumb F!@#ing Corbin Morons :angry: !!!!

AZCCJ, I checked your pictures on Wild Goose Chase of the Corbin seats, # 1 and #2. #1 looked fine to me aside from it not having the carbon fibre look leather. #2 looked to be made wrong. It would not surprise me that Corbin could not get the carbon fibre leather or would not be ordering any more due too them trying to sell the business. To say the least it looks as their quality has slipped by looking at the 2nd seat you received. The top leather looks the same as seat #1. The seat on their website is the carbon fibre leather. I ordered a Corbin about 6 months ago for my Norge and it is the same as the one on their site. I find the seat to be comfortable, albeit it is a bit lower then the stock (forward gonad forcing into the tank) seat. I have had Corbins on other bikes and have always liked them. I have to wonder if the business environment in California is so bad that they are attempting to sell the business before going tits up. I have noticed that they no longer setup at the Americade or Laconia, great way to target the market. I wish you luck in dealing with them, were it myself, I would have been happy with the first one. To be truthful, I don't see a big difference of a nice grain leather and the carbon fibre leather.

I wish I had just kept the first one as it looked great. I just didn't like their attitude at the time and figured they could remake it the way they advertise it. Who knows how seat #3 will be after seeing seat number 2, which looked like something some upholstery student put together. After this little experience I will never buy anything from that company again.

Seems to me reasonable to demand that any vendor deliver exactly what a customer asked & paid for-or if unable to due to circumstances beyond their control, at the very least a call would be in order before proceeding. Just decent business practices, that's all.

Good business practice is like good politicians, they are both in short supply. I got an email Xmas card from Corbin with an invite to receive their newsletter. Maybe they are trying to regain their status.

ncassidy said:
Good business practice is like good politicians, they are both in short supply. I got an email Xmas card from Corbin with an invite to receive their newsletter. Maybe they are trying to regain their status.
I got the same thing from Corbin. It said something like, Happy Holidays from your friends at Corbin. Friends don't treat friends like Corbin has been treating me. :whistle:

Back