• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New pegs for my Griso

Sluggo

Tuned and Synch'ed
Im not sure if this qualifies as "technical", but I put a set of Buell XB pegs on the Griso today. They appear to be at least an inch lower than the stock pegs. You might ask "Why?". I'm setting the Griso up in hopes of traveling to the MGNOC national rally in Colorado. About 1100 miles one way for me. Besides, all it cost was $24 and about an hour. Could have been quicker, but the two year old started throwing tools around the garage. Kid has quite an arm.

Here are some pictures of what I did. I have to say, the mod was stolen from a VFR website, but it works for the Griso.

I purchased the pegs for $24 shipping on eBay. My local dealer wanted over $20 each and had to order them anyway. You can see how they drop compared to the stock Guzzi pegs.

Here's a close-up of the part number if you're interested.

The pegs are a bit wider than the Guzzi mounts, so off to the grinder I go. (Put on the safety glasses and get Mom to watch the kiddo). The tabs used to be the same with. You can see how much I took off. The VFR guys say this has not caused problems. :unsure: We'll see.

The Guzzi spring needs to be bent a little more in order to work. So with a pair of needle-nose pliers, I did this.

Here's a before and after picture. Please ignore that my bike is dirty. The concentric brake / shift lever adjusters are quite handy.

I took the bike for a ride tonight and they feel MUCH lower. The seating position reminds me of a ZRX1100 that I sat on the other day. (I forgot to mention, I'm around 6'2"). I didn't notice any more buzzing through the pegs compared to the stockers with the rubber on top. It might be a concern on longer trips. I think it would be possible to put the Guzzi rubber on the Buell pegs.

I know this will hurt ground clearance on turns (especially with the daggers the Buell pegs have on them - might change them). But living in S. Texas, there really aren't many chances to scrape pegs. I wanted to improve long distance comfort. Besides, changing them back will take all of 10 minutes.

AJ

Here's a picture of my "assistant" wearing the appropriate riding headgear.

Thanks for that post.

Even though I am 5'6 I find the stockers a bit too high for comfort. Thats a great $25 experiment to see if I can get long-range comfort from the Griso.

Regards,
Ed in NJ

I agree that the pegs are a little high(5'10"). That's a great idea.
I was looking at a place called Twisted Throttle(From RI. where I live. The set up is adjustable & comes to about $150 when you buy each piece(3). The lower piece comes in 22mm, 39mm & 50mm.
I need about an inch drop also. Did it with my Tuono & was very happy.
Maybe I'll try the Buell setup.
Thanks
Don-M

I think the grinding of the peg daggers will occur as necessary? ;)

BTW, the Guzzi foot pegs have a hole for bolting on a feeler ... which Guzzi left out with (good) reason...?

Thanks for the pictorial.

How did you resolve the issue of the difference in size between the 11mm hole in the Buell pegs and the 6mm footrest pin on the Griso?

Did you fabricate some kind of spacer?

Inquiring minds want to KNOW!!

ADVthanksANCE

-Jack

I didn't do anything about the differing sizes of the holes. I thought I might have to make a bushing, but the offset of the pegs to the mounts made them match up with any issues on the Griso.

It is hard to explain. The Buell mount must be a bit longer than the Griso one. It forces the peg away from the frame and in effect makes the overlapping holes smaller. (Really bad diagram attached.) It is the best solution? I don't know, all I know is that it works. The pegs still turn up, they don't rattle, and you wouldn't know that they aren't stock.

AJ

they look good,make the griso pegs look boring,i dont want them lowering but its got me thinking

Not all Buell pegs lower the pegs. They also have pegs without the offset for some of their bikes. They are interchangable.

MI are supplying adjustable pegs that will fit right on all (AFAK) newer Guzzis. They'll give an inch, all the way round.

Don't remember the price, but they wasn't expensive.

2482475737_ff56a98f9d.jpg

Can confirm the Buell XB pegs will fit the Breva too.
£30 a pair from my local harley dealer, a bit of filing and on they went.
You just have to file a notch out of the bottom of the right hand one to stop the brake lever from contacting.
Will be road testing tonight! :)

The angle looks a few degrees different than the Guzzi mounting versus the Buell. It looks as if you may have droped the ped actually about 1/2" or less. Could you measure the actual drop. Unless the camera angle is throwing off teh actual angle and drop of th epeg while on your Griso.
I appreciate it.
This way I know prior to buying a set if I want to leave it as is or make another piece to to offset the incorrect angle , if that is the case.

Thank you.

Doug

I put mine on last night (took less than an hour), and let me tell you, the difference is NOT subtle.

It doesn't look like that much drop, but it makes a HUGE difference.

I need to adjust the shifter arm to get it a little lower, but that's it.

R-Rod, you need to ride my Griso again.

-Jack

Kid Thunder wrote:
Are the right & left peg the same part # or are they different pegs?
Don-M

If you go to the dealer without a part number they will look them up individually & cost about $15-20 more. The number above is for both pegs as a set. You can get them in black, but the cost around $80 for the set. I don't know why.

AJ

Griso Guy wrote:
The angle looks a few degrees different than the Guzzi mounting versus the Buell. It looks as if you may have droped the ped actually about 1/2" or less. Could you measure the actual drop. Unless the camera angle is throwing off teh actual angle and drop of th epeg while on your Griso.
I appreciate it.
This way I know prior to buying a set if I want to leave it as is or make another piece to to offset the incorrect angle , if that is the case.

Thank you.

Doug

It is just camera angle. To give you an idea, the stock pegs are about level with the top of the front mount. With the Buell pegs they are at the bottom of the rear mount. I would guess a generous 1". I would have to put the old pegs on to measure them, and I'm just too lazy to do that. The first time I rode it, I didn't like it. After a day or two I was used to it and enjoyed the extra room. Sadly, I haven't been dragging the peg feelers yet. :blush:

AJ

I all ready have a left peg so all I need is the right. Guess I shot myself in the foot with that.
Don-M

Hey Sluggo

Thanks for a great tip.

I got the exact same pegs at my local Harley dealer - £25.24 for the pair!

Looking forward to fitting them (following your instructions!) before my tour of the D-day landing sites later this month.

My knees willl thank you!

John

Got the pegs(left & right) for $24 included off e-bay!!!! They still have more on e bay.
Don-M
PS: Now I also have a left peg extra! $10 plus shipping if needed.

Excellent tip, I certainly find my G11 quite cramped and I hear the std pegs on the G12 are even higher. Got my kit on order now.

Thanks.

Back