• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New pegs for my Griso

Sluggo,
Thanks for the tip. I put mine on today & what a difference!!!
I use to have to really bend my knees to get them back up on the pegs after a stop. Now I bring them back up & my feet fall right back on the pegs.
Jack,
You are correct, they look like they don't do much but they do.
I think it's because they not only bring the peg down but they bring them back about as much. So no, it's not an inch down but a little less but moving them back in a more natural position.
Don-M

Is there anything you would like to add in reference to my original post on how to mount them?

I'm going to try and document & photograph things when I work on my Griso & could use the tips. It is a huge help to me when y'all walk people through the things you do with your bike. I figure I might as well give it a shot.

It also gives me photographic evidence as to where everything goes on the bike. I've been known to have a left over bolt or two before.

AJ

Now that I have the pegs in a better spot I went on to the bars.
They were a little far away from me. The height of the bars were never a problem so I tilted they back as far as I could & still have the clutch lever at the downward angle I like. It is much better now!!! i love it even more now!!
Don-M

GrahamNZ wrote:
The pivot pin angle on the Guzzi and Buell pegs is very different. Or is that unimportant?

I too looked at that, but once mounted they look & feel fine. They still pivot up like they are supposed to, so far I don't see an issue with. I need to put on 15-20k miles and really test them. :silly:

AJ

With them being slightly lower and angled differently did you notice any issues using the brake or shifter? I already have the pegs, just waiting on peoples reviews before i continue. Just in case there's more to move, rather do it all in one go.....Also just picked up some Pro Taper panthana FMX bars as replacements for the stock handlebars (slightly high and raked back a little more). I'm thinking it's going to be a totally different feeling bike once all installed....When done, i'll post my tup'pence worth....

Mark,
Please let us know how the bars work out.
I'm looking for them to be a little closer.
Don-M

Had my Buell pegs turn up late last week and fitted them Saturday morning. Took about an hour to do - using an old B&D power file to slim them down to fit. I also had the Buell springs, CO249.02A8 and CO250.02A8 so I didn't have to mess with the original springs. The Buell springs are handed whilst the Griso springs are both the same. It's not a big deal but having two RH Buell springs might be better.

Couple of points:

- As noted somewhere above, the misalignment of the mount holes means the slimmer Griso pivot pin works fine. I'm just not sure of the longevity of this running in the alloy Buell peg with a smaller contact area.

- Adjusted my gear pedal down using the threaded adjuster in the linkage. This was easy. On the brake side I adjusted the actuator rod so that the pedal would be lower but then found there was no 'stop' bolt. It just seems to sit up against the casting with the brake light switch. All I had done was increased the movement before the brake bites. Have I missed a trick here?

Anyway, although I've yet to ride it since fitment, sitting on it on the drive my legs now fit the contours of the body work and it does feel a lot better.

I was able to adjust everything with the concentric adjusters on the levers themselves. I've found the Buell pegs push your foot out about 1/2" more than the stockers. If I wear tennis shoes, I have to "toe-in" to shift up. No problems with the boots on.

AJ

Cycle butch,
Which part # is for the right hand spring? Why would it be better to use both right springs? I didn't quite understand.
Don-M

Yeah I noticed the pegs sat out wider. I guess in part the original pegs let your feet slide up to the mounts. I suppose you could file away at the inside end of the footpeg for a closer fit. This would lead to better alignment for the pivot holes and you could then bush the pegs down to the Griso pin dia.

On those part numbers for springs, as I was typing I was thinking I couldn't remember which number was which side. A full list from the V11 site suggests:

N0520.1AD, Foot peg Assembly, Rider LH, S, $12.80 US
N0521.1AD, Foot peg Assembly, Rider RH, S, $12.80 US
C0249.02A8, Spring Rider, Foot peg, RH, $1.95 US
C0250.02A8, Spring Rider, Foot peg, LH, $1.95 US
C0235.02A8, Pin, Foot peg, (2EA req.), $7.00 US (Optional)
N0425.02A8, "E" Ring, Foot peg, (2EA req.), $4.20 US (Optional)

If you look at the std griso peg mount casting mount you'll note a small groove on the top where the end of the spring nestles in a little, it's to the front on one side and to the left on the other. This allows the same spring to be used both sides. Either ways it's really no big deal.

I bought the Buell springs but they don't work unless they are modified. The tabs are pointing the wrong way & some has to be cut off.
Is this what you found or am I missing something?
Don-M

Back