• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Purchase: 2013 V7 Racer

fireflyr

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I picked up my bike on Friday from GP Motorcycles in San Diego, #347. Two short rides so far and I love it. I haven't owned a 'street' bike in years, just a bunch of dirt bikes and dual purpose bikes. It's nice to be back. I wish I could give you a better sense of what the bike is like but my comparisons seem to be pretty worthless. The bike is light and responsive and I can't wipe the smile off my face when I'm on it. It seems to draw a crowd everywhere I go, but the strangest thing I've noticed is that the Harley crowd waves at it. It must be the chrome tank. :lol:
The only criticism I have so far is that it was a bear to remove all of those WARNING stickers. Could they make them any thinner or more brittle? This has done nothing to improve my opinion of lawyers.

Anyways, I found this forum before I bought the bike and I appreciate all of the good advice. It's always a pleasure to find a positive website. Cheers.

Pat

mmmm.jpg

It's definitely the chrome tank. I took mine (#351) to a motorcycle gathering in Phoenix 2 weeks ago and a HD guy was just astounded the chrome tank was stock. I don't think he noticed the rest of the bike at all. I guess that's what happens when you're beholden to the god Chromious. ;)

PA170163-sm-sm.jpg

Tekno bags from a V11 Sport and a headlight/dash lowering kit courtesy of Ben Oleson on the wildguzzi forum.

You'd think they'd put the damn stickers on the bottom of the seat where we wouldn't bother to remove them.

scottmastrocinque said:
Yes the stickers were annoying on my Stelvio NTX, but they were no match for the mighty hair dryer! :lol:

I tried that first off, after my wife explained how to turn it on:oops: I haven't had hair in awhile. They just came apart in tiny, tiny pieces.

fireflyr said:
scottmastrocinque said:
Yes the stickers were annoying on my Stelvio NTX, but they were no match for the mighty hair dryer! :lol:

I tried that first off, after my wife explained how to turn it on:oops: I haven't had hair in awhile. They just came apart in tiny, tiny pieces.
+1 on no hair. I just used a dull razor blade to get mine off. I did get a scratch on one of the shock reservoirs, but the shocks are now gone anyway.

Congrats and welcome to the Forum... from my old stomping grounds. Miss it most of the time. I'm guessing your Racer was one that was on the floor a few weeks ago when I was there.
Happy you found us, thanks for posting, and post more often!

Reach me here any time or direct e-mail with any issue GP can't resolve, they all know me well there.

Todd at GuzziTech.com

Ditto on the stickers, I haven't taken mine off yet, wanted to get as many miles in before the snow flies which is in the forecast. I know there will bike lust from the HD crowd (I used to ride an HD before they were popular). My impressions: My HD was louder, my Ducati's were faster but this is the smoothest and best looking and detailed bike to come out in a LONG time. I'm glad I waited for the updated engine and CHROME tank! Bellisimo :D

Attachments

• andy's_new_bike.jpg
    andy's_new_bike.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 1,577
Thanks Todd,
By the 'Taint of California' I mean the Tehachapi area. The guys at GP were the first to get back to me, not the closest, but I don't mind driving for good service. The thing that drew me to the V7 was the simple design, and of course the attention to detail. Looking forward to some of the rides I've done on my street legal XR400 (sans the dirt portions); Sherman Pass Road, Kennedy Meadows, Sequoia Park...........

Still smiling in Keene.

Pat

PokeyJoe,

They are the "regular" Arrows. I spent a great deal of time researching aftermarket pipes. My "plan" was to upgrade to a set with removable baffles (i.e. Mistrals or Race Arrows) to get some extra rumble. My dealer had these pipes as part of a package deal at a pretty good discount, and I hemmed an hawed but opted to go with them. So far I'm happy with them, I used to ride an HD with little backpressure and Ducatis with Staintunes so I tend to like the louder rumble. They are not loud but the bike sounds throaty and well-tuned.

The bike just runs so great with them and sounds so good that I'd hate to F them up by drilling them out. If I get a real hankering for some loud pipes, I can always add them later. I'd be curious to hear from others who are fitting their 2013s with pipes and if removing baffles impacts engine performance. My winter upgrade will be some bar-end mirrors (thinking of Rizoma Spys). If anyone has experience along those lines, I'm all ears!

I run Zard pipes on my 12. With the db killers in they sound like the Arrows. With the db killers out they are louder but not offensively loud. You can sure hear them pop on deceleration.

fireflyr said:

The only criticism I have so far is that it was a bear to remove all of those WARNING stickers. Could they make them any thinner or more brittle? This has done nothing to improve my opinion of lawyers.

Hey, lawyers have feelings, too. OK, maybe. :p

Congrats, Pat, on the Guzzi. Looks mighty fine.

Bill

Looking good, fireflyr, sweet ride!

You too, Carl.

Ben Oleson
Seattle

Conteacher said:
Tehachapi isn't that bad.

No, it isn't. We've been up here for 10 years now and like it very much. We'll have to meet up one of these days, I work down at the helibase in Keene.

Stop by if you are out riding, I work Sunday to Wednesday.

Pat

+3 on the stickers, I still have not removed the last one on the rear shocks.
I do have a question, has anyone found a good small tank bag for this bike?

Back