• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Stelvio map--benefits??

Hey Pete, nice of you to offer! I'll take you up on that. How do you want to get in touch? Thx. -Patrick

The new mapping # is Drawing # 2229STV8V52 and there is a Drawing # 2229 STV8V52S which the Axone won't download, Says map is for service only. Same thing on the Griso 8V. That map is current map w/ an "S" on the end of the Drawing #

The Importer only asks that you sign up for the subscription, they DO NOT CHARGE the dealer as YET.

The New Mapping should be INCLUDED in Dealer Set-Up, if it comes out before the bike is sold, afterwards it's a warrenty issue, under DRIVEABILITY.

Sorry Pete , I didn't make a note of old firmware (original map) drawing #

I wonder if anyone has talked to the same Piaggio customer representative I talked to. His first name is Harlan. His phone number is U.S. (212) 380-4452. He says he's the interface between customers (like us) and Piaggio. The Piaggio service technician's name is Josh. Harlan says Piaggio (Josh) insists the fuel map update is not a warranty item. According to Josh, the Stelvios come from the factory mapped optimally for both on and off road. If anyone wants the new mapping, there is a cost involved. It's all bullshit. I wish the dealers and Piaggio would get on the same page. All I want is a decent running Stelvio.

That's indeed ridiculous. OTOH, it's also a bit quibbly. New maps come out, they get installed during regular service, and you pay for a total work time that includes the time to hook up the Axone and do the various stuff with it. How long does that actually take? Seems to me it's something a "nice" dealer would do without even making a problem out of it...

Now, reading the latest reviews of the Stelvio and Stelvio NTX, there's talk about lots of improvements by Aprilia engineers. The new cams and tappets are lumped in with those, plus a new exhaust ... and a new map. It sounds confusing, almost as if the 2009 models are quite different from the 2008 ... while we heard nothing of such a series of updates on here???

well, I spend an evening comparing the 2008 and 2009 stelvio partslists.

different is in 2009 models:

airbox
tank
heads
tappets
cams
footrest mounting plate
different front suspension parst in NON ntx models
ABS models have different front brake pads
clutch housing has an chimney
battery is different mounted.

stelvioairbox.jpg

quite a lot of changes after a single year!

The changes in the tank are to fit with the new airbox?

And so does the ABS version still use the flaky speed sensor?

well changes, but it seems they have learnt and listened, thats good , not? And they changed things that were complaints about.

I have't had my hands on 2 bikes to see it in flesh, but tank must be changed for the airbox I think, and the battery moved, maybe to make place for the abs unit.

The speedo sensor, has same partnumber.

If the changes are improvements, that's good, indeed!

Strange though they don't take speed off one of the ABS sensors, as is the case on the Breva/Norge/12S models. Seems sensible: (much) more accurate reading, and reliable...

John,
I am picking up a new Stelvio this week and I am interested in getting the map that you had installed. Could you post or PM the dealer's contact info, please?

Thanks, Dewey

I'd like to get that info also, John, if you don't mind. The guzzi shops around me don't have a clue.

I wish I could have met Pete Roper and you guys when you got together in California. Sounds like you got some great service tips and the new fuel map. Is there a post about how the new map is loaded onto the Axone? The shop in Sacramento cannot load the new software. Thanks.

Back