• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New US '09: Good price?

wsholar

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I'm looking at a new '09 Stelvio in the LA area. Is $13,500 a good purchase price for a no-frills/add-ons '09? That does NOT include the standard taxes/registration. Go for it?

Hi w,
seems a bit high without the bags or anything, a gent had a fully equiped one on ebay in AZ, it was lightly used, but went for much less. also saw a new one with bags for similar money, the bags are ~1000. you call greg at MI or Todd at MPH to see if they have any fly and ride deals?

Okay, good to know-- thanks Jon. Sounds like I should be sticking to guns in the $12k range for a basic purchase price. We'll see how it goes, and modify the plan as necessary.

wsholar said:
I'm looking at a new '09 Stelvio in the LA area. Is $13,500 a good purchase price for a no-frills/add-ons '09? That does NOT include the standard taxes/registration. Go for it?

My dealer in Virginia is selling a black model for $13,000. I figure that is close to cost, plus he has been floor planning it for the last 18 months. So he is really loosing his butt by selling it at that price. Damn, I should have waited 14 months and I could have saved myself a ton of money :eek: but then I wouldn't have had so much fun over the past 14 months :D

See if he will knock another $500 off the price and take it home, just remember the dealer has to eat just like you and I.

Well, after having been through nine months of unemployment, I think the dealer should have at least as much sympathy for me and my lack of resources as I would have for him and his. At the end of the day, we all have sad stories, and we all need to eat, so I'm looking for the best value I can find, which means rock-bottom pricing and top-notch service and support. The dealer wants top dollar pricing and to provide as little service and support as possible. This tug of war is what makes the world go round, so it's all good.

Wallis, no extras :| However, the dealer fixed a smallish warranty issue same-day (while I waited). At purchase time I was given a month to accessorize @10% off, but the parts kid never got back to me on the prices of a set of factory bags and engine guards. I ended up spending just under $1K for a 3-piece set of Givi bags & mounts, and am very satisfied.

if you want to take a little cross country drive, riders hill in Georgia has one for $12,750

jklotz said:
if you want to take a little cross country drive, riders hill in Georgia has one for $12,750

+1 for Riders Hill I purchased my 2009 white Griso 8v and had it shipped to Phoenix, AZ. They did the tappet recall and uploaded the latest map before I took delivery. Very easy transaction! Tell David Howdy for me!

Last March, 13,500 OTD.....plus 10% any accessories I wanted.

It has now been farkled with everything!

Buy it, enjoy it, ride the shit out of it!

You should be able to get it for $13ish out the door. Call Dave at MI. He had a pretty good price on one a couple monthes ago. Even with shipping you might be ahead.

Thanks all, I might go used-- Roger's old Stelvio is on consignment at Pro Italia, and I know its history pretty well.

W, I think your offer's more than fair, considering you'd be owner #3. Hope you get it!

Thanks, Mike. I won't be available to sit down and work it out until Saturday, so until then...tick tick tick tick tick...

Have you seen it yet W? I've heard it's been beat to hell/well weathered.

Yeah, I've ridden it, seems to be in good shape, but I would need to go over it carefully before pulling the trigger-- Roger is AWOL lately, so I haven't been able to talk it over with him. I won't pull the trigger until after I've spoken with Roger.

Acutally, yeah, "beat to hell" is the way to describe this bike-- nobody but nobody would be willing to pay more than, say, $3K for this bike as-is. Gonna need a good $10K worth of work to make it right, I think...yeah, that's the ticket... :whistle:

kmartin said:
You should be able to get it for $13ish out the door. Call Dave at MI. He had a pretty good price on one a couple monthes ago. Even with shipping you might be ahead.

Sorry, man. I bought it. Flying out there to pick it up in 10 days.

coldcanuck

I was at Riders Hill today, and they had 2 red ones on the floor, both sub $13K, just waiting to be set free.

Was at my dealer in Williamsburg, VA (Steelhorse Classics) over the weekend and they have a black 09 for under $13K.

Back