• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Numbness in the hands

Grip Puppies on....made a whole lot of difference to the numbness and the ride. Just waiting on the GT Risers which I am sure will eliminate the numbness and bring better comfort and control of the bike.

I used to be the solicitor (lawyer, to you Americans) for the English tailoring union. A lot of the seamstresses suffered from carpal tunnel syndrome. The insurers used to wheel out a couple of tame doctors who argued that the pain the women suffered was the result, not of a physical problem, but of hysteria. Once one woman in a factory complained of wrist pains, there'd be a lot more follow suit. They based their arguments on an Australian study in the 1980s.
If they were right(and neither I nor the courts thought they were) we're about to see a rash of MG riders breaking out with wrist pain now the suggestion is on this forum.
Actually, I am also suffering from wrist pains after an hour or so's riding on my V7. But I think that's because I have small hands and I'm stretching to reach the levers. I'll be fitting Pazzos as soon as I can get hold of them. That may be Uss's problem too.

Actually, I am also suffering from wrist pains after an hour or so's riding on my V7. But I think that's because I have small hands and I'm stretching to reach the levers. I'll be fitting Pazzos as soon as I can get hold of them. That may be Uss's problem too.

The California has adjustable levers (settings 1 thru 4) for reach. Does the V7 NOT have adjustable levers like the California?

I used to be the solicitor (lawyer, to you Americans) for the English tailoring union. A lot of the seamstresses suffered from carpal tunnel syndrome. The insurers used to wheel out a couple of tame doctors who argued that the pain the women suffered was the result, not of a physical problem, but of hysteria. Once one woman in a factory complained of wrist pains, there'd be a lot more follow suit. They based their arguments on an Australian study in the 1980s.
If they were right(and neither I nor the courts thought they were) we're about to see a rash of MG riders breaking out with wrist pain now the suggestion is on this forum.
I also get a bit of a sore wrist, it does take some miles to start luckily, but I put it down to one simple fact, I am getting older.

This past Sunday I went for a 4hr / 300 mile ride on some very nice back Florida roads that believe it or not actually have many nice curves.
The last hour of the ride my wrists were sore especially the clutch side.
This tells me that my diet has gone off again. Too many high acid foods.
So as much as I don't want to it's bitters time again.

For the next month I'll be cutting out the coffee & sweet tea, no more BBQ, bacon & eggs every morning, cheese (the only dairy I do), red & green peppers, potatoes, tomatoes & all the other stuff I want to eat.
I will eat lots of veggie soup with dark greens & drink bitter herb teas.
Within a month the aches & pains will be gone & then I can start the slow creep back into the habits that cause the problem.

It's a cycle I have been riding for the past 30 years.

No coffee, no bacon, no cheese (and presumably therefore, no pizza). You must really love your bike. Please tell me that beer and red wine are still allowed.

No coffee, no bacon, no cheese (and presumably therefore, no pizza). You must really love your bike. Please tell me that beer and red wine are still allowed.

Alcohol is out but the red wine in moderation could be a cheat.
I can't drink wine it is an immediate headache, I have tried the no sulphur wines but does not help.
Correct on the no pizza & most Italian food except for salads.
The dinner table will be very boring for awhile.

Alcohol is out but the red wine in moderation could be a cheat.
I can't drink wine it is an immediate headache, I have tried the no sulphur wines but does not help.
Correct on the no pizza & most Italian food except for salads.
The dinner table will be very boring for awhile.
So if I'm ever in Gainesville I'll make an excuse if you invite me for a meal.

So if I'm ever in Gainesville I'll make an excuse if you invite me for a meal.
LOL!!!!!! Can't blame you at all!
But if you do come to the states don't worry about food we'll find a good place to eat.
No kidney pie over here tho.

Got the Gt Rx Risers today and put them in. Was a 10 minute job but took me about 20 as the risers wouldn't stay in place while I manoeuvred the bars. I put the original/shorter screws in the lower holes of the risers to hold them in place and positioned the bars....and yes I did take them out and replace them with the supplied hardware....Thereafter it was easy. Torqued the bolts to 20Nm. I haven't been on a ride yet but rode around the parking lot to find a good angle. For me, sweeping it outwards makes my arms almost perpendicular to the elbow enabling a straight wrist which should relieve the numbness, but only a longish ride will tell.

I have posted photos of the risers and if possible can anyone who has used them tell me if they are installed ok as they are not sitting flush with the base and I couldn't see a top or bottom marked to so I just dropped in their seats. Despite switching them a couple of times they still didn't sit flush especially around the front edges so maybe they are not supposed to......

Any advice on that will be much appreciated.....

Cheers

Attachments

• GT Rx Risers Eldo 1.jpeg
    GT Rx Risers Eldo 1.jpeg
    104.7 KB · Views: 33
  • GT Rx Risers Eldo 2.jpeg
    GT Rx Risers Eldo 2.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 31
I have posted photos of the risers and if possible can anyone who has used them tell me if they are installed ok as they are not sitting flush with the base and I couldn't see a top or bottom marked to so I just dropped in their seats. Despite switching them a couple of times they still didn't sit flush especially around the front edges so maybe they are not supposed to......

Any advice on that will be much appreciated.....

Cheers

Glad that it was an easy install for you! Yes, the profile is not a perfect match to the OEM risers so the edges are not flush. But, it is pretty close!

You might want to loosen the rear screws and then tighten the front screws to the appropriate torque setting so there is no gap in the front part of the clamp. Then, tighten the rear screws to the appropriate torque setting. That way, you will see a gap at the rear of each clamp. This helps keep the bars from rotating DOWN better.

Report back after you have had a high mile day. My experience on riding consecutive 500 mile (+) days over three weeks proved to me that they made a positive difference. I don't recall feeling any pain in my upper back or arms.

Glad that it was an easy install for you! Yes, the profile is not a perfect match to the OEM risers so the edges are not flush. But, it is pretty close!

You might want to loosen the rear screws and then tighten the front screws to the appropriate torque setting so there is no gap in the front part of the clamp. Then, tighten the rear screws to the appropriate torque setting. That way, you will see a gap at the rear of each clamp. This helps keep the bars from rotating DOWN better.

Report back after you have had a high mile day. My experience on riding consecutive 500 mile (+) days over three weeks proved to me that they made a positive difference. I don't recall feeling any pain in my upper back or arms.
Forgot posting on this....I have had a couple of long rides after that...my long rides are about an hour or an hour and 30 minutes max each. Regardless of the milage I make a stop within this period. Rides have been great no numbness at all and steering the bike feels more in control. The odd part is that a short bout of numbness does come in the first 20 - 30 minutes but goes away with a couple of arm hangs and that's the end of it...doesn't come back again. I reckon that has more to do with the body being cold....Maybe a five minute warmup of the arms before starting the ride will help....will try that....

Back