• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Ok, somebody tie me to the bed quick!

Jeez... every time I log in here, Mindis has cut off a piece of his motorcycle and then fabricated something totally new to stick back on his bike.

K, I'll log in tomorrow again...:D

I’m surprised that his family hasn’t padlocked his garage yet!

Poor Mindis…

How do you keep tags and insurance on them.

Ohio registration for motorcycles is $25 per year.

We don’t allow our politicians to rip us off hundreds of dollars yearly just to tell them that we haven’t sold the vehicle yet. (Annual vehicle registration is so unnecessary and a complete highway robbery of the public.)

When I left California 20 years ago, minimum registration was a staggering $242 a vehicle.

State Farm gives me excellent insurance rates. About $200 a year per motorcycle, full coverage and $250 deductible. I insure them year round.

As many of you know, in Quebec registration of a motorcycle 401 cc and up is $680.00. Broken down it is $625 insurance contribution, $49.25 registration and $5.00 service charge. My mandatory additional insurance is another $300.
A "high risk" motorcycle AKA crotch-rocket is $1818 plus insurance. This has virtually eliminated crotch-rockets from the streets of Quebec. A three-wheeler (Can-Am) is "only" $272.84.
This is why I can not really justify getting another bike even though I'd love to. My boat gets very little use as it is.

Last edited:
I assumed that registration and insurance would be reasonable in Ohio. The difference in insurance and registration for essentially the same bikes in New York and Arizona is staggering. The NY bike is 2004 so 2 years newer than the 2002 BMW R1150 RS in AZ. Registration in NY is $17.50 per year, regardless of age and value; finally down to about $25 per year for the 2002 in AZ due to age and depreciation. Registration on Moto Guzzi in AZ is presently $172.43 and was $203.46 last year. Insurance is $120.27 for the entire year in NY vs. $898.90 in AZ for the BMW's (same insurance company and same coverage). The smaller displacement of the Moto Guzzi reduces the premium to $414.00 for the same coverage in AZ.

Needless to say, I won't collect too many more bikes as long as I live in Arizona.

Ga. Is only $20. A year for plates but I have everything with State Farm too but it's that much for six months for each bike. When I had Alstate it was $400 a year for all five bikes. Trouble is for everything together they were$1500 more. I hate insurance companies.

Well, yesterday Mark and I took our newly acquired BMW K1600GT’s out for their maiden voyages with us. About 400 miles.

Incredible machines and technological masterpieces. I do love them. However, my heart will always belong to Moto Guzzi. ❤️

Time to go ride my Stelvio, Centauro, 1200 Sport, California Vintage, and Norge! 😁

Retirement just ROCKS! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

IMG 1705 71123929645  A9FC3D44 FDD1 4B36 8C09 B99FF6FAFB54

Last edited:
I cannot say enough nice things about my BMW K1600GT. It is really something special in the technology department.

I also love my Ural because of WHAT IT IS and not what I wish it could be. Nobody needs a 100hp Ural but many think they do. It would be unmanageable.

I dont like ins. companies, but dont blame them totally for high cost of insurance.
Blame youtube vids of stupid riders on the dragon, stunt riders, and general idiots.

Last edited:
Back