• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

removing or opening up air intake snorkels

Thanx for that post... I assume you have no stepper motor in there - are the hoses from the throttle bodies just connected to each other?

Hi Uncle,
I had disconnected the stepper motor and plugged the 3 nipples with silicone plugs, The throttle bodies are connected to a T fitting. I have the vent hose from the front timing housing connected to the T with the other ends going to each throttle body. Therefore the blow by is re introduced into the combustion chambers to be burn off.
The engine rev's so much quicker since it now is gulping in a lot of air and exhausting it with very little restriction.

Very nice Griso guy that is what I wanted for my bike how would you rate the skills necessary to do the mods ?

Hello Popeye,
The ability to do this is just time with a bit of money. The battery box is of my own design. It is carbon fiber and is holding up very well for a prototype. This box is not yet available to the public as I am underway trying to get a patent pending on it as well as having a specialty shop fabricate the final product. I am looking to have it to a shop very soon.
Everything else is just buying the item needed. The separate filters the T section and make certain you follow the correct path of the breather hose.
Time wise a few hours since you may have to remove the fuel cell, which is easy to do.
If you need any other assistance just ask. I am always willing to help.

Just saw the pic's of the round filter's,looks great. How does it run? What size filters were they? How easy was it to change?

It really runs out real well, rev's much quicker than with stock components by far. This is not only my wording but a Guzzi mechanic with over 25 year knowledge.
Bike runs real strong.
The filters as you see are K&N round filters.
Allow me to get the proper numbers off the filter. and I will get right back to you.

When replacing the filters as I had done, please know that once you remove the airbox/battery tray you must have a battery box to hold the battery. At this time I am working on having some made off. My prototype that I am using is carbon fiber, the shop who is working with me to build a perfect mold for me said that carbon is an over kill and overly priced material and they suggested using a high grade fiber glass wich will keep the cost way down unless the buyer is into spending lots of money on carbon battery box that won't be seen.
If interested in buying a battery box, let me know.

I will get back to you about the filtres in the next few days.

Doug

Doug, nice adventure... I revised/fixed/combined the photos into one post for you above.

Here's my (dyno-proven) findings regarding power gains with pod/separate filters -vs- air-box debates over the last decade...

1. Normally aspirated motors prefer "still-air" plenums... opening the air-box lid showed measurable gains on the older Calis as seen below. Eraldo @ Fast by Ferracci made the ring linked above because it showed the best gains, over pod filters. Separate/Pod filters showed less then above throughout the rev range, and finally caught the gains afforded by the open-lid air-box only at the very top of the revs.

TE-Dyno-OpenAirbox.jpg

2. It is best to leave the connectors (velocity stacks as shown below or OEM plastic versions) on the throttle bodies, to smooth the air-flow from the filters, for those who go this route. Dave @Sport Cycle Pacific in Santa Barbara, CA offers them up (still it looks like) $99 with Uni-foam or $150 w/K&Ns. Click pic for details:

Doug, might I save you the time and money on a patent... don't bother, if you find even a rare few that are interested, half of them will make their own. Their just aren't enough Guzzis around to make it worthwhile.

Also, if you haven't seen... If you're interested in making it fuel properly, see the PC-V/ECU swap HERE to get on board for the limited run.

Closing with... "runs real strong" needs to be backed by dyno-data. Costly, but the only proven way to show it, as feel is more often deceptive then not.

here's a link to a post by a french member who's been doing a bit of similar work on his Breva, augmenting air intake by removing (I think) the airbox muffler plate, K&N filter, but also a polishing of the air intakes. Which were quite 'granular', see the pictures. He claims it improves smoothness at low regimes. As to the 'Brisk' plugs ... snake oil?

http://guzzi.webemoi.com/viewtopic.php? ... dd427241d6

The machined aluminum is great looking but there is only a certain amount of space and if you add a battery box for the Griso which is a must since there is no battery support when adding the separated filters. Where are they mounting the air temp sensor? Where are they mounting the fuse holder? What are they doing with the blow by hose? With my design, everything is thought out and works. Besides UNI filters is your bike burps back thru the throttle bodies, they singe or burn. We have seen plenty of toasted UNI filters. they are good and they work well.
There is a new filter company called Green, but they are ultra expensive
I have dealt with FBF many times before since I only live 72 miles from the shop with a good friend 6 miles from the shop. FBF likes to fudge numbers and with his reputation I don't trust him. I do know Larry, he went to Drexel U in Philadelphia for accounting. Business and to make money is their objective not to help anyone that is trying to make a few buck here and there. I would run my Griso up against anyone of their Griso's anytime along as they have not done the head work and as you know this is where power is made.
I thank you for your input is is very much appreciated, but again like others I am trying to make a few dollars here and there since my Marine Corps disability pension has me rated as unemployable so therefore I am stuck with a small income and I need to subsidize funds with a great idea. My idea works and works well. If no one purchases that Okay, at least I have the only one in the world with my box design. Now I stand out from all the rest. This is why I didn't buy a Harley I didn't want to get lost in the crowd.
So, again thank you for your response and it is appreciated and respected.

Hey LondonRob

Could you expand on the catch bottle mod. I'm guessing it doesnt need to have much volume and also that it isnt totally sealed

(Blackpool)Art
Breva 1100 :pinch:

Hey LondonRob

Could you expand on the catch bottle mod. I'm guessing it doesnt need to have much volume and also that it isnt totally sealed

(Blackpool)Art
Breva 1100 :pinch:

Back