• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

SerialCereal

Just got it firing!
Hey folks,
Unfortunately I have experienced a problem with the speedometer. Prolonged exposure to sun has perhaps burnt the LCD/ Polariser.
Now, I managed to find another speedometer (used spare) and purchased it and it'll be arriving soon. Here's the rub, Do any of you kind folk know if there an added layer of complexity of programming or anything else? keys/ECU ? etc. before i just remove and replace the speedometer.

Life is seldom simple.
Thanks for your help :) 20231112 091658

Although I have a 1400, I have never had to tackle this issue on mine nor any other in my shop.

However, this being said, the dash is where all of the security interlocks are stored on every other model using the security setup. I have lots of experience on other models including my personal motorcycles.

I am almost certain your replacement dash will not function properly.

I’m sorry to say. I hope that I may be wrong here, but it is very unlikely.

Thanks for your reply bud. I'll try to replace the LCD/Polarizer if it comes to it. Any idea how to open the speedometer?

Another approach would be to use a completely different universal type speedo. Which will also hinder security options. :/

Guess my options are limited.

Just an update. My regular guy plugged the new speedo and got this code.

Now he will deliver the bike to Official Moto Guzzi dealer to see if it can be programmed. Fingers crossed 🤞

Attachments

• IMG-20231212-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20231212-WA0005.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 15
You can get one from the STORE here by sending an email request to Info@GuzziTech.com although being on the other side if the world it may not be economically feasible. I don’t know.

Also any nearby to you Moto Guzzi dealer can get that key. It will take time but they can get it

However it will do absolutely nothing for you.

I’m terribly afraid that you are going down a deep rabbit hole because neither you nor the people you have working on your motorcycle, understand how the security system on a Moto Guzzi motorcycle, works.

You bought a used dashboard without 2 different keys or the USER CODE.

The only place in the world I know of that can truly fix this dilemma, and I have personally used them myself on my Norge 1200 dash, is CARMO in Holland.

www.carmo.nl

They can physically open the dash, connect computers to the actual chip where the user code is stored and read out the programmed code bit by bit. They can cut 1, 2, 3, or 4 DIFFERENT transponder keys and program them to the dash for you. Then, and only then, will your security system allow you to operate the motorcycle correctly.

YOU NEED TO READ THESE CRITICAL POSTS TO UNDERSTAND. POSTS 10, 16, 54

Post #10

Post #16

Post #54

Last edited:
Back