• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Sporty tire thread (100/90-18, 110/90-18, 120/90-18 options)

turboguzzi

Just got it firing!
Hello to the Tonti crowd!

Nice to meet you, just intro'ed myself here

Would like to discuss current tire options, did some homework and found the big tire thread....

regretfully last post there is from 2017, so plenty of those listed are NLA and in the meantime some new tire models have come into the market.....

Is it time for a new tire thread or moderators prefer to continue that old one?

Let me know and ill take it from there :)

My preferred tire now for Tonti frame bikes is the Bridgestone BT 46. however other brands and types will do well. Be advised I'm trying a set of the Dunlop radials but running at the factory pressures is like riding on Jello/gelatin so I'm gradually increasing pressure by 2psi increments until I get a solid feeling. Due to the current riding weather that process is delayed.

Which Dunlop radials?
Im trying to stick with stock 100/90 Front & 110/90 Rear sizes as police/insurance companies can be nitpicking if its not the homologated size.

Which Dunlop radials?
Im trying to stick with stock 100/90 Front & 110/90 Rear sizes as police/insurance companies can be nitpicking if its not the homologated size.
I’m a big Dunlop dealer/user, however Continental has really been shining the last few years for smaller sizes. Their RA3 radial is still one of my favorites. They are drying up supply wise though. Hopefully they’ll make the new RA4 available soon in the smaller sizes (only available in big modern sizes right now).

55560F8C 0886 4855 8EEA DD3DA062E939

Raced for some years with the Conti CR radials on my 1983 Gpz750, so Roadattack would be my 1st choice, but almost impossible to find even in Europe, looks like they are dwindling the old stock before shipping the the RA4...

I can find the MK II front, but rear only the different patterned ClassicAttack

20161012 082700
396 1 2

Raced for some years with the Conti CR radials on my 1983 Gpz750, so Roadattack would be my 1st choice, but almost impossible to find even in Europe, looks like they are dwindling the old stock before shipping the the RA4
We have a local Guzzi racer we support that runs the RA3 CR compound and loves them too. Hopefully they roll (soon) into production on the RA4.
Curious, who is rider #369 on the Guzzi? Any others in the class?

Indeeed Todd, realy want to stay narrow, specially at the front to maintain quick steering..... my use is 100% sporty road use.

Interesing read for the weekend, hope it ok to link to external articles, regretfully the winning Conti are hard to find and 2nd placed Michelin Active, no longer made...

press the "akzeptiern und weiter" button to read

Well, blame it on global logistics crisis or what have you, but on ground level, tire models availability is way more limited than i thought, even using online resources covering all of Europe. Wanted the Contis, but ended up settling for Metzeler Roadtec01, as they exist in the right dimensions are stocked at least in some German tire outlets.

Spit a bit of blood removing out the stiff +30 yrs old tires but made it...

Will report as soon as the bike has some miles on them. There is still some way to go with things to solve and for the weather to get better.

Back