• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio REGISTRY & Pics thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Re: Stelvio out and about pics here...

Paul/Louis: That is more Stelvios in one place than the entire number in Canada!
FBC

Finally stopped to take some pic's while out for a ride...

DSC00045.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

DSC00050.jpg

Cleaned up my filthy bike after work today .... check out what was going on in the background.
FBC
oops got the order reversed.

Don't you just love it when the boss calls to send you to yet another boring conference, and instead of "Atlanta" or "Chicago" he says "Estes Park, CO."

Which just happens to be 2 canyons and about 2000 feet in elevation up the road from home. Woohoo!

stanley2010002.jpg

Fresh snow from Sunday so the peaks were gorgeous, but the canyons were clear. A good time was had all by myself.

StelvioGT said:
What brand of seat is that BigTex?

Bill Mayer. I talked with their rep at the MGNOC meet here in Colorado last year and pulled the trigger this winter. Very happy with it - the reshape keeps me from sliding forward all the time.

A few from "The Lookout," overlooking Lake Elsinore in southern California...

Attachments

• stelviolookout_overlook.jpg
    stelviolookout_overlook.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,246
  • stelviolookout_side.jpg
    stelviolookout_side.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,245
  • stelviolookout_front.jpg
    stelviolookout_front.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,245

Had a short trip out and overnight stay in Haworth, Yorkshire (UK), home of the Bronte Sisters :eek: , as we found out.

Stayed in posh B&B with private hot tub and sauna :p .
Photo is from the back for the B&B looking out over the moors, the main cobbled street and an awesome graveyard, ruputed 40000 burials over a few centuries. It even had a load of rooks flying about it and making a noise, unfortunalety the video clip failed to save.

First trip with Mrs and full luggage fitted, getting better mileage, into low 40's. An easy check on filling 130 miles needs 13 or so litres which is just about 45mpg (10m/litres, 4.5l to a UK gallon). I've be filling up at around 130 so in theory I should be able to go to 160-170 and still have a little juice left. Bike seems much happier in warmer weather over say 10 degC, the other day it was in the mid 20's and it ran great.

Attachments

• IMG_3584.jpg
    IMG_3584.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 1,202
  • IMG_3585.jpg
    IMG_3585.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 1,202
  • IMG_3599.jpg
    IMG_3599.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 1,202

newforum2.jpg

newforum1.jpg

newforum3.jpg

Sunday morning breakfast ride. I had breakfast with some Mac-Pac members. (mostly BMW guys) On the way home we stopped at a local (Reading Pa.) landmark. The Pagoda. I am not sure of the history of this building, but it is quite old, (80yrs or more I think). It has been recently restored and is now run by the local Parks Dpt. The Pagoda can be seen from almost anywhere in Reading.

The road that leads up to this sight is a series of switchbacks. This road is quite a challenge on two wheels. It is used for the Duryea Hillclimb and the Pagoda Hillclimb. Vintage sports cars running up the hill. This years events will be 6-26/27-2010 and 8-21/22-2010. These are SCCA sanctioned hill climbs. The alternate access road (Skyline Drive) overlooks all of Reading and surrounding countryside.

If you are passing near Reading Pa. and are not in a hurry, the Pagoda and the vista are worth a look.

Craig

Here's my Stelvio with Trax bags from Twisted Throttle....

Attachments

• DSC_0086.JPG
    DSC_0086.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 1,012
  • DSC_0085.JPG
    DSC_0085.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 1,011
  • DSC_0087.JPG
    DSC_0087.JPG
    261.3 KB · Views: 1,011

Craig, awesome... Ben, looking good.

Here's mine from today;

Attachments

• TEStelv-7410.jpg
    TEStelv-7410.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 1,029

Ben,

The aluminum and black bags look good with the elegant (but slower) black Stelvio. How did you mount them? How about a rear picture?

I got the Givi Sideracks and an SW Motech Adapter for the Trax Bags. The Givi Sideracks are widely available, and Twisted Throttle has the adapters, so you can use the Givi racks with Trax Bags. They also have adapters for a few other brands of bags. Given the unavailablity of the OEM bags, I figured this is probably the way to go, especially since you can get the Trax in Black (same as OEM) or silver (looks better on a black bike, I think) and smaller or larger sizes. My adapter wasn't a perfect fit (had to drill two of the holes to widen them a bit), but otherwise works very well. And it doesn't make the bags stick out any more than than they normally do. I don't have a picture but I'll try to post one at some point....

I have the factory bags, and they're really wide, in fact, I almost never use them. That's why I wanted the rear shot, to see how it looks with the Givi and adapters.

Now you just need to remove that silly looking reflector hanging down below the fender.

As near as I can tell, the Givi set up with the Trax bags is the same as the factory set up. It looks identical from the rear. I think Hepco & Becker's standard aluminum bags are thinner....

Here's a couple of pics from my trip to the National rally

Attachments

• 2010 MG Rally Goose Lake 2.jpg
    2010 MG Rally Goose Lake 2.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,178
  • 2010 MG Rally Mono Lake 2.jpg
    2010 MG Rally Mono Lake 2.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 1,178

And a couple more from the road between Granite and Ukiah

Attachments

• Above Granite 1 Small.jpg
    Above Granite 1 Small.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 1,175
  • Above Granite 2 small.jpg
    Above Granite 2 small.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 1,175
  • Above Granite 3 small.jpg
    Above Granite 3 small.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 1,175

Just had my annual treat, did 2000 miles round Europe with friends on my SV1000 solo, came back last Thursday picked up clean t shirts, wife and Guzzi and went to Scotland to meet some other friends clocking up another 1000 miles.
Italy soon.............(on the Guzzi of course)

Attachments

• English Scottish boarder.jpg
    English Scottish boarder.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 1,110
  • Lyndisfarne.jpg
    Lyndisfarne.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 1,110
  • view over Lowlands.jpg
    view over Lowlands.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 1,110

The Snake, Mulholland Hwy, Santa Monica Mtns...

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 1,100

This was its first public outing after the best 100 miles i've ever done on a bike.
stelvio.jpg

jacktar.jpg

Back