• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio REGISTRY & Pics thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Re: Stelvio out and about pics here...

RJVB said:
What d'ya expect, most are awaiting parts or repair, no? :silly: :whistle:

Hardly.

Riding around in hillbilly country. I suspect that there is a still on the other side of that gate.

Zoom in. Notice the large rocks . And it is hard to see the deep ruts in the ground. About 10 miles of that stuff. The wife was a bit pissed off needless to say. :lol: Gave my arms a real workout anyway. :)

Attachments

• IMAG0015.jpg
    IMAG0015.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,018
  • IMAG0016.jpg
    IMAG0016.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,018

Wayne Orwig said:
RJVB said:
What d'ya expect, most are awaiting parts or repair, no? :silly: :whistle:

Hardly.

Riding around in hillbilly country. I suspect that there is a still on the other side of that gate.

Zoom in. Notice the large rocks . And it is hard to see the deep ruts in the ground. About 10 miles of that stuff. The wife was a bit pissed off needless to say. :lol: Gave my arms a real workout anyway. :)

Wayne,

Do you find you and the wife dragging hard parts while riding 2 up? I broke my plastic oil sump plate on a few rocks by myself, what was left was hanging on by just one bolt. This morning I kept dragging the center stand on the way to work. I have the spring tension set about three full turns past the maximum and the preload set all the way up.

I have emailed Todd with spring diamensions in hoping that he would come up with a alternative HD model, that was a few weeks ago and I have not gotten a response as of yet.

Kurt

kwn306 said:
Wayne,

Do you find you and the wife dragging hard parts while riding 2 up? I broke my plastic oil sump plate on a few rocks by myself, what was left was hanging on by just one bolt. This morning I kept dragging the center stand on the way to work. I have the spring tension set about three full turns past the maximum and the preload set all the way up.

I have emailed Todd with spring diamensions in hoping that he would come up with a alternative HD model, that was a few weeks ago and I have not gotten a response as of yet.

Kurt

I was bashing the centerstand pretty hard. I fully expected the plastic sump plate to be broken by now, but it is just scratched up.

I wouldn't mind a progressive wound spring on there. I think I have mine cranked almost to max preload.

kwn306 said:

Wayne,

Kurt

Kurt,

I mentioned this to Todd -- who's on the road -- and he asked me to say that "it's on my "to-do" list ... I'm eyeballs deep in PCV/ECU stuff right now."

Bill (I'm too dignified to own a Stelvio :lol: )

From today's ride in South Park, CO...

stelviosopark640.jpg

stelviotarryall640.jpg

Just a couple pic's from the other day.. it was intended to be a "fall colour" ride... not much other than yellow though. :dry:

DSC00040.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

DSC00036.jpg

So.. since the last "colour ride" was a bit of a bust... I thought I would try again...

I think this is the year of the yellow! :lol:

DSC00027.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00034.jpg

DSC00029.jpg

DSC00031.jpg

DSC00035.jpg

DSC000402.jpg

When I got to here I thought... Hmmm... mud.. new Guzzi.. Pirelli Scorpion's... Riding alone... Time to turn around.

DSC000422.jpg

Great pics Tim, thanks! Love it.

Shrike said:
When I got to here I thought... Hmmm... mud.. new Guzzi.. Pirelli Scorpion's... Riding alone... Time to turn around.

Hmmmm...Must have been hard to turn around there...On the basis most of my "drops" have been at zero speed manoeuvres, I think I might have gone for it, going home covered in crap has a sort of glory to it.:mrgreen:

Until Mrs Bluntly starts moaning about the mud clogging the washing machine! :woohoo:

Looks like you had a glorious days riding :D :D :D

Odd all yellow. But still looks good.
I'm not sure when the colors are going to change in north Georgia yet. May be another week.

Shrike said:
DSC000422.jpg

I would have had to try it. That is what the extra horses are good for after all. :D
My wife likes riding as a passenger on the Stelvio. But she is starting to dislike where I take it some times. :lol:

The wife won't ride with me anymore... went places like this too often with her. Now she has a DL650 and takes off when I head to places like this.
The Stelvio is too heavy for me to rescue alone should I sink too far... so I tend to avoid mud when by myself... I have been down this trail before on the old bike and it gets much worse as you go farther.. I'll wait till my friend is along on his GS to try it again.

Re: Stelvio Registry

Hi,

I've tried to register HERE, a couple of times and a message tells me it's offline for maintenance. I live in New York City, NY and I'm the very proud and satisfied owner of a new 2009 Stelvio, black! Today I took it for the first 200 mile ride. Late Fall colors, relatively mild temperatures and uncrowded roads through Northern New Jersey made it great. This motorcycle does everything you ask of it. It's an amazing machine. And I haven't even opened it up yet. I cannot wait.

Short of registering, I'd like to post a few pictures from today. Please let me know if and when I can properly register on the Guzzi site.

All the best, and thank you for everyone's efforts to make this a great forum!

Jesse

Attachments

• IMG_0329.jpg
    IMG_0329.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 2,088
  • IMG_0331.jpg
    IMG_0331.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 2,089
  • IMG_0322.jpg
    IMG_0322.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 2,088
  • 20091103_010.jpg
    20091103_010.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 2,089
  • 20091103_013.jpg
    20091103_013.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 2,087
Re: Stelvio Registry

GT-Rx said:
Hi Jesse, congrats on the Stelvio(!), and welcome to the Forum. The Registry should never be "down." I just looked now, and it's fine. Click on the 'Registry' tab at the top (not the Guzzi Map link), and then select "Bike Registration" on the left side Nav menu. At the bottom, there is a "Add new listing" button. If you have any problems, send the info to me direct e-mail to; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Again welcome, and post often!

Hey thanks Todd!

Successfully registered! I'm just so damned proud of this bike ;)

All best, Jesse

WHY WE RIDE...

8.30am Saturday morning...
The Stelvio and me, quiet roads in the mountains, 250km jaunt, nothing too difficult but a fantastic start to the weekend.
Image0054.jpg

Sat%20morning.jpg

My plate sums up my feelings about riding, and what I say to the negs that tell me it's dangerous..

Image0047.jpg

Given the day.. (Remembrance Day).. went for a military theme ride.

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

Here my Stelvio with survival kit:

Shopping.jpg

cu
bavarian

So, next time I'm on the St. Bernhard pass, I'll be able to buy a pluche Stelvio? :silly:

Back