• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Suggestions on mounting radar and gps on Stelvio

BigRed

Tuned and Synch'ed
This afternoon, I picked up my New Stelvio from the dealer and had an amazing ride home. I absolutly love this motorbike. Can't wait until the break in period is over and I can let her fully breathe!

I mounted my Garmin Zumo on the left hand side useing the included Ram Mount although am having difficulty deciding where to mount my radar now, and which mount to use. Does anyone have any suggestions, or thoughts as to the best location and appropriate mounts? Idealy I think I might want a cross bar on the handlebars to mount some stuff but haven't found those yet.

Any suggestions?

Hi There Bigred

Congrats on your beasty, I do hope you have the red Stelvio 'cause it's the fastest colour you know:)

Get the MG TomTom mount it fits and works really well, right in the middle where it's needed.

As for radar: is that for spotting hostiles or low flying aircraft pehaps:laugh:

Loftyjohn

This question may sound stupid, but I have the Garmin Zumo...would love to mount that where the Tom Tom mounts. Will the Tom Tom Stelvio mount work with the Garmin? Could I be this lucky?

BTW - The radar is to avoid the police over here in the States. After my first 150miles on this red beast...I'm gonna get in alot of trouble and enjoy every second of it!:woohoo: :cheer:

Found this picture in the "picture thread". It shows a clean installation.........maybe a little bit cold, but a clean installation. Another thought wound be to drill a hole and mount a Ram ball on the top clamp for the handle bars.

That is where my Garmin is mounted currently, although I would like to center it above the bar clamps if possible? Then I could mount the radar where the GPS is cuurently and everything would be "tight". Ideally, I would obviously like to have the GPS located by the dash versus on the side.

Does anyone make a accessory mount for the Guzzi handlebar clamps?

You could fabricate such a mount out of aluminum to bolt to the top two bolts of the handlebar clamp. After that, improvise a way to attach the Zumo cradle.

My question is about the electrical connector MG has for their GPS ( the small green connector on the left side of the "tank"). Id like to avoid improvising a connection so is there anyone who knows what that connector is and how one could obtain the mating connector for it. I can read the mfg name "TYCO" on it but I cant get close enough to see the part number thats molded in the plastic. Can anyone help.

If anyone has the wiring harness that comes with the Guzzi (TomTom) installation kit, Id be eternally grateful if you could give me the name and numbers off the connector that mates to the connector on the bike.

I mounted my Zumo in the center, using the RAM system and a fabbed bracket to attach to the handlebar mounts.

Nuvi004.jpg

Nuvi003.jpg

Still working on where to mount the V1.

Nice bracket :cheer: Now you going to mass produce and sell them around the world for the rest of us?

BigTex,

Any chance you make another one and ship it to me in Boston, Ma?? That would be the perfect mount for me and I would be more than happy to pay for your time, materials, and shipping.

Let me know....Thanks,

Jeffrey

I'm sure I could whip up some more, as it is nothing more than plate aluminum with holes to match the handlebar mounts and then judicious trimming to look cool and clear the mounts themselves.

Sunday should be quiet - I should be able to get some quality garage time.

Wow, that would be great...I really appreciate it. Shoot me an email when you get a chance and I'll provide you my address and once I have yours I'll mail you payment....you have no idea how ciked I am!!

You can email me to Jkatz55848@Aol.com.

Big Tex:

I would love one as well, if it is not too much trouble, I am located in Virginia.

This is great, get to add farkles to the new bike and I do not even have it in the garage yet. It is still at the dealership waiting for Luigi to ship the cams, cam followers, etc. I purchased the bike used with 95 miles on it.

Send email to: ironhorsefun@mindspring.com and I will hook you up with snail mail address. I will send PayPal if you are so equiped or a check, the choice is yours.

If your bike already has 95 miles on it, why not just pick the demon up and go out and play? I decided to take delivery of mine, and will have the recall performed during the first service. That will give Luigi plenty of time, as it was in the 60"s all weekend and I woke up to a snow storm this morning.

BTW - The bike is marvelous, and I can't believe I had so much fun in the first 150 miles I put on her this weekend. It begs to breathe, and as soon as the first service is complete I WILL SPOIL HER!!!!!!

Can't wait, and thanks to BigTex I will have my Garmin repositioned and the x50 mounted.

BigTex it's time for you to start a new business!!!!!!!:laugh: You're going to make a fortune!:side:

Wonder B wrote:
BigTex it's time for you to start a new business!!!!!!!:laugh: You're going to make a fortune!:side:

I'm pretty sure the only way to make a small fortune with Stelvio parts will be, as they say, to start with a large fortune.

Here are a few pics of how I mounted my Garmin Zumo GPS.
I think the touratech mount was about £100.
Simply placed a length of threaded bar betwen screen supports.
Perfect position for me, very easy to look at without really taking eyes off road.
Its lockable and able to slide up and down a couple of cm.

GPS3.jpg

GPS2.jpg

GPS1.jpg

Back