• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

The future of the GuzziTech Forum

Vote for the future of Forum.GuzziTech.com

• Leave as-is, it works.

Votes: 74 70.5%
  • Condense the Topics so there's less to look through.

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • I think just a few big Categories is best

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • I visit this Forum only when I need to find Tech info

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like a cluster of info, and rely on the Search engine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
RJVB said:
Where exactly is Spaceclam's vision? I didn't see it on the previous (first) page...
https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/topic. ... 942#p24919

Can I plug the guzzi.webemoi organisation? Look at http://guzzi.webemoi.com/index.php (or, in translation). There's a big section breaking down the models/series, and then there's something that would equate to a big Chat section broken down into a number of categories (there's a "Bistrot" in there, equivalent to our Lounge, which is accessible only to logged-in members). And then there's the Classifieds section.
Sure, and my thoughts (and several others too), is that the overlap on some of the (similar) models, i.e. Breva 11, Norge & Sport 1200 are so similar that problems would be likely across the board, so it's good to see others. Griso & Bellagio are in a category of their own. I like the general layout of webemoi.

So I did a little poking around last night, and Mike is correct, most of the "good" ones take less then three clicks to get you where you want. Arguably, we're at one if you land on the main Board Index page. If one uses the "View unanswered posts • View new posts • View active topics" then it's two clicks.

Holt, I hear you... the last thing I need is more work. That said, moving things (chairs) around isn't too tough. I would think if done properly, the feel would remain largely the same. Combining Tech & Chat seems like a no-brainer.

We do have to figure out how to get the Forum to the top of Google... we're at the top of the fifth page right now. However, more isn't better... as to my original post, I'm just looking for those who I've asked to visit daily to do so with strong/cohesive/pertinent posts. A few have posted in this string, but I can't get them to visit regularly.

visit daily [...] with strong/cohesive/pertinent posts

Now that's a challenge! That would be like a daily column on something MG or even "simply" MC related. From each of a number of regulars? Wow...

Moving things around may not be difficult, but just how easy (and effortless) will it be to put all the existing posts in a new categorisation?! We are not simply talking about renaming categories here, I think. I really hope the phpbb designers had the good idea not to give a single ID to each (sub(sub(sub)))category/section, but from the looks of this page's URL, we're in f (forum?) 160, t[hread 3509...

GT-Rx said:
Arguably, we're at one if you land on the main Board Index page. If one uses the "View unanswered posts • View new posts • View active topics" then it's two clicks.

Yes, but the casual user who is the one that needs encouragement has to do more.

From the board index
Click 1 - (for e.g.) to Breva/Norge/Sport 12 General Chat
Click 2 - Into a thread

But then if they realise that they actually wanted somehting that might be under Tech it's another 3 (back and Tech then into a thread) to get there.

So your comment that combining chat and tech seems to be easy in the software makes it probably a good move to consider... I do worry however about the integrity of links to threads which get moved.

WIth regard to encouraging knowledgeable types to participate regularly, brow beating IMHO will never work. The only way is to make GT such a ball tearer site that they will want to be here - why? because most of us humanoids are egotistical types and want to be "in with the crowd" as much as we all might say otherwise.... so follows then that...... oh shit I have no idea what I'm trying to say, so I had better shut up anf go to work - seeya later.

A slightly different point of view could be that a rare user of the sight will fumble his/her way around to get what they want and whether it's one, two, or three clicks won't make much difference to them. However, an occasional or more regular user will become frustrated with the board being different each time they come back because they will need to re-learn where everything is.

I voted leave it, but I must admit, as written earlier, I am happy with all the changes in recent months.

My 2 cents worth anyway.

Robert

Oooh, wait! This is the perfect thread to complain in about Coloradans not having a Region to post in! Clear discrimination against the Rocky Mountain residents - probably jealousy.

kmartin said:
While I was visiting the all important Stelvio sections just now, I realized (sometimes I'm a little slow), that I see no diference in the types of posts in the tech and chat sections. Perhaps you can combine them. In most cases, the thread counts look fairly low.

This one I do agree with - if it helps streamline anything, I don't see any reason you couldn't combine tech and chat for a given bike class. I rarely know which to post in and tend to make a random selection.

GT-Rx said:
Clam, I've been working on trying to make that happen for almost two years now. Last Summer, when I was nearly ready to launch it, we lost all of the data to a server crash. It's again been in the works for the last few months. Hopefully this "Winter" I'll finally have some time to complete it. Aaron has been pivotal in helping make this happen.

All: On the Categories... I agree that the traffic is light due to the fact that some of the models have their own e-mails lists that are active (yes, even to this day). That said, some of the biggest trafficked Forums are well divided and organized. I really don't want to break from this theme too much. That said, how about a few major sections on the main Forum page, and the rest within from there. As shown below... <-Two Main Categories->, bold links to subsections, and underlined items are the main sections from there. Tech & Chat for each would be combined. Input?

<-Tech & Chat->
>>Big Block<<
CARC>
B/N/S12
G11/8V/Bell
Stelvio
Tonti
Loop
Spine
Quota
>>Small Block<<
>>Vintage Mono<<

<-MG-RA.org->
Chat
Ride Reports
24/7Lounge
Regional

Seems to me this is better than what you have. To me it is a big pain to have to go through so many categories, esp when some of them have so few posts, & in that light I fail to see why there should be spit chat & tech. Sometimes less is more. A couple of caveats. What is the difference, really, between what is actually posted (not supposed to be posted) under MGRA chat vs 24/7. Might as well combine. Also, since the 8v motor is rather different-or at least has different issues-from the 2v, perhaps there ought to be a section that specifically deals with 8v ENGINE issues.

RJVB said:
visit daily [...] with strong/cohesive/pertinent posts
Now that's a challenge! That would be like a daily column on something MG or even "simply" MC related. From each of a number of regulars? Wow.
Not really... it happens almost daily from some of out site sponsors only in other Forums, not this one... hence part of my original post frustration(s).
Mike, at the bottom every post is a "Jump to" drop down, which eliminates the click back. I really try to use the "View new posts" link.
bigtex, believe it or not, the AMA district map puts CO in the Southwest;

distmap.gif

We'll be working on combining the Tech & Chat for each model, and likely work on moving all of the models under the upper Tech Category as outlined above.

I understand that changes are tough, but much like a new bike, it takes time to get used to things (often). I'm pretty sure we're in a *VERY* stable atmosphere now, so dig in. More soon.

MGRA/Chat is for general chat that isn't technical in nature, is not about ride reports but is related to Moto Guzzi.

The Lounge is for anything not specifically Guzzi, preferrably motorcycling related. And for whining ;)

My biggest issue with the website is the Search facility - I find that I just dont get hits, despite trying all the various tickbox options

"Stelvio" gets 1 hit , so I know it works partially, but there are obviously many more potential hits
"Givi" gives 0 hits and I know there are posts.

In the past I have posted questions that I now know had already been answered because I assumed my lack of search hits meant they had not been addressed. It was only when I browsed the threads that I discovered what I had been looking for.

If I stumbled across the Forum the lack of search hits might put me off.

Art

rturo said:
If I stumbled across the Forum the lack of search hits might put me off.
Art, I've had the same issue before, however using the "Advanced" search engine, with nothing other then the defaults, I just got "Search found 224 matches: givi" - try it.

I DETEST looking through forums with sloppy structure. I'm passionate about my bike, I enjoy reading about others styles, but face it.... there's only so much time in the day to waste on random reads or having to search Everything!

Thanks for bringing us this product Todd! I understand it'll never be perfect for everyone, but it can be "tweaked" as we go along eh?

kmartin said:
At the risk of looking foolish or new (which I am),

what does MG-RA stand for?
If Googled, its possibly the Missouri Gay Rodeo Association :laugh:

I'm thinking Moto Guzzi Riders Association may be closer?? Todd?

RJVB said:
MGRA/Chat is for general chat that isn't technical in nature, is not about ride reports but is related to Moto Guzzi.

The Lounge is for anything not specifically Guzzi, preferrably motorcycling related. And for whining ;)

Yeah, like I said, I know what it is supposed to be for, but that isn't what actually happens. And the fact is, MGRA/CHAT has had only 7 threads used in the last month, the lounge 17.

Maybe Todd would be willing to grant you admin rights there, in order to move those threads from the Lounge to Chat that ought to be? :lol:

YBFAST said:
If Googled, its possibly the Missouri Gay Rodeo Association :laugh:

I'm thinking Moto Guzzi Riders Association may be closer?? Todd?

I left Missouri when I was 10. My how things have changed there. :oops:

MG-RA = Moto Guzzi - Rider's Assoc, correct. My hopes is to have a U.S. Division of the World Club, however so far the Club President has been unresponsive to may requests, via many people on my behalf. I'll keep trying.

If the "Club President" has been "unresponsive" to requests by "many people" on your behalf, than it seems to me clear that said President has no interest in you or us-& why should you or we have any interest in such an organization?

Very valid point Bob. Not sure where I'm headed with it at the moment... but I haven't given up yet.

Back