Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

The Guzzi 850 T5 Cafe Racer Project

Discussion in 'Custom Guzzi Builds' started by judgefargo, Jul 9, 2016.

1. judgefargo

judgefargo Tuned and Synch'ed

Thanks mate, always a pleasure to help! Lets hope we get to ride the bikes soon! hahaaaa

2. judgefargo

Well, received the 3D Printed clamps the other day so have positioned the headlight as it should be.
    Am still missing a few bits and bobs, but the idea is there. I needed a very fine clamp to hold the headlight as the tank comes super close to the forks when turning. These will do perfect for now and look the part I think!

Here some shots

IMG_20190624_185825.jpg IMG_20190624_185439.jpg

3. judgefargo

Have also given the frame a bit of a touch up so it doesn't go rusty. I will probably have it powder coated in a year or two when I do Stage 2! I'm no expert at painting, but tried to do the best I could for what it's worth! hehe

IMG_20190625_174012.jpg IMG_20190625_195507.jpg

4. judgefargo

Well mate. I'm afraid you were totally correct. Went for what must have been a maximum 6km ride and got back with oil pouring out, so will have to find another solution.

Would you be so kind as to explain a little better your solution. I have looked for the Agostini Competition breather and the price is ridiculous at 130€ approx...!!

Hope you can give me a hand, all the best,
    Jake

5. judgefargo

Screw it, I bit the bullet and went for the Angostini, found a good price on Stain Dinse with quick postage so bought that and a new ball valve just in case.

Once again thanks for your help guzzigray!

6. judgefargo

Pipes

Unfortunately the Lafranconi I wanted are out of stock in pretty much the whole of Europe as far as I can see, so in the meantime I went for some cheap tips off Aliexpress, however they are just to noisy, so have mounted the stock exhausts for now. Patience is a virtue they say...

Here some shots

IMG_20190703_194432.jpg IMG_20190704_183956.jpg

7. judgefargo

Hi to all and sorry for not posting!

I have been trying out the bike last couple of days. Had some problems with the Oil breather. Ended up buying 2 different models: the Angostini as someone mentioned, and then a smaller version from an older bike.
    The smaller version does not work, ended up pissing oil all over the place and did a lovely mess... Agostini works the treat however will have to chop it up a little as ideally it goes where I have the M-Unit...

Anyhow here are some pics of the bike, went for a little 20km ride and all seems fine (lost a few screws for sure). It will need to be carburated as am having some problems with the idle and revs not going down once the bike is warm. If anyone knows what that could be I'm all ears!!

Ride safe and hope you like how the bike is coming along,
    Jake

IMG_20190731_132657.jpg IMG_20190731_132909.jpg IMG-20190731-WA0001.jpg

8. Trout

Trout GT Reference

Great job!

judgefargo likes this.
  9. ChopSauce

ChopSauce Tuned and Synch'ed

Some great stuff here!

10. Garthy

Garthy Just got it firing!

So issues with idle and revs not dropping when warm. This is almost certain to be the chokes. Dellorto don't actuallly have a choke as such but a different circuit through carbie that make for a richer mixture. Anyhow if the plunger that seals this leaks then the rich circuit stays on a bit and this tends to lead to the idle running away when warmed up. Easy fixed. Get a seal kit for carbs. Pull them to bit and replace all the rubber bits. Only problem is the standard kit doesn't come with the choke plunger seals... I think I succeeded with a couple of small o rings in place. Other advice says carefully pry the seal out and flip it over.....

judgefargo likes this.