• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Thinking of getting a 2007 1100 Griso, with 10,000 MILES

I am totally calm.

It’s just that your statements don’t match your experience.

That’s the dilemma and what gives me (and Todd as evidenced by his post), pause.

As was your comment about my California, and the relays only being on and off. Yet I put a different relay in, and now all is well.

Nothing is ever simple, working in engineering all my life, just when you think something is sorted, a new problem arises.

I've messaged the seller and hope to view the bike next week.

Last edited:
It never occurred to you that perhaps by removing and reinstalling a relay, you scratched the inside of the connector and made a better contact? 10+ years of atmospheric oxidation takes its toll on increased resistance.

There are a myriad of possibilities. Did you stick your old relay in to see if it exhibited your problem again? Or did you measure the resistance across the terminals both unenergized and energized?

I tried to offer you help. I’m sorry you didn’t find it helpful. I will not do it again.

FWIW: I’ve been working on motorcycles all my life. It’s my occupation. I also own 5 Moto Guzzi motorcycles and 3 others so I’m somewhat versed at their intricacies.

Be happy!

Last edited:
Please no. Not my intention at all. I am very sorry if I contributed to you feeling like that. Truly. I do not want to silence anyone or make them feel that way.

Apologies as my “tea and sympathy” moments are often lacking due to me inability to write very well. Please forgive my faux pas.

I just meant the it could be coincidence or the relay you installed could be it.

I’ve never seen the symptoms you described but that doesn’t mean diddly squat. I haven’t seen nor know it all by any stretch of the imagination!

There are a myriad of possibilities and to me it is yet unexplained because we don’t have enough information to rule out anything really.

I’m just very happy that your motorcycle is working good for you!

That’s all that matters!

Cheers!

This is the bike, not the ultimate colour, which in my opinion is tennii green with the brown seat. But in blue.:h:

Griso full pic29 WA0012

Hope you like it. My '07 Griso is one of my most "engaging" rides ever (and I don't mean maintenance engaging). After the usual sorting initially (it had 80k km when I bought it), it has been all goodness. A little fueling help from Todd made it perfect.

Just received a text from the vendor, he's cancelled my viewing, said that he took the bike out and has broken down. He is waiting for recovery. He thinks it's the fuel pump.

I said it's probably the fuel filter falling apart. suggested he looked in the tank with the ignition on and see if he can see fuel swirling around. Or the fuel pipe has come off. He said it is swirling around. He also said that it had a recall to replace one of the hoses.

Stroke of luck for me, I can imagine it's the original part plastic filter, after read about these issues on here.

Last edited:
Just received a text from the vendor, he's cancelled my viewing, said that he took the bike out and has broken down. He is waiting for recovery. He thinks it's the fuel pump.

I said it's probably the fuel filter falling apart. suggested he looked in the tank with the ignition on and see if he can see fuel swirling around. Or the fuel pipe has come off. He said it is swirling around. He also said that it had a recall to replace one of the hoses.

Stroke of luck for me, I can imagine it's the original part plastic filter, after read about these issues on here.
sounds like it's time to make an offer ;)

Fuel pipe had blown off. Owner said that pipe was replaced with petrol submersible grade and 2 clamps were used either end. Pleased to see a metal fuel filter.

IMG 20220808 WA0000

Last edited:
Tested the bike, I was impressed with the handling and engine, until I took it up to 6,000rpm & blew the pipe off the filter /pump.

Less than impressed with the rusty bits, I won't be buying it.

Attachments

• IMG_20220812_111824.jpg
    IMG_20220812_111824.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20220812_111804.jpg
    IMG_20220812_111804.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20220812_111731.jpg
    IMG_20220812_111731.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20220812_111727.jpg
    IMG_20220812_111727.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20220812_111712.jpg
    IMG_20220812_111712.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20220812_111708.jpg
    IMG_20220812_111708.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20220812_111705.jpg
    IMG_20220812_111705.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20220812_111655.jpg
    IMG_20220812_111655.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20220812_111651.jpg
    IMG_20220812_111651.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20220812_111641.jpg
    IMG_20220812_111641.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20220812_111834.jpg
    IMG_20220812_111834.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 16
That thing has been exposed to some weather for sure. Maybe some salt spray from the ocean as well. Another nicer one will come along.
There's one in Van, Richmond and Penticton. Penticton is dry.

Last edited:
That thing has been exposed to some weather for sure. Maybe some salt spray from the ocean as well. Another nicer one will come along.
There's one in Van, Richmond and Penticton. Penticton is dry.
Bike has only done just over 10,000 miles. Raven, I'm in the UK. 🤣

Exactly Scott, my 1150GS with 112,000 miles is better than this Griso, and the GS is ridden in English salt laden winter roads with ACF, which is a right bugger to get off.

He should have bought a fenda extender as well. Useless fashionable mudguards... fenders to you.:p

Back