• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Trye Choice

Some may think I'm an idiot, but I am running Tomahawk tires. I prefer the T3 over the T1 tread. They are inexpensive, have DEEP tread, and handle surprisingly well. Are they something I would put on a track bike? - No. Are they solid tires that work well on the street? - Yes. I used them on my Aprilia and had no issues with them.

You could call them a "re-tread", but they are more than that. The parent company uses the same technology to make aircraft tires. I'm sure it works darn well considering the stress they are put under and the litigation that would follow if they didn't.

Tire debates rank right up there with "oil" and "helmets" to me. For about $150, I can put a set of tires on the Griso the will last around 7,000 miles. Living in S. Texas and riding almost everyday, I hope put at least 2 sets on a year.

AJ

Doc, not sure where your getting your prices from, but i just got front and rear BT016's $224 delivered to my house. $40 to mount and balance, had to pull my rims, but no biggie. Just saw the price's you were quoted, exceptional high. Not sure if i'm allowed to plug a store or not here, will check back later and check comments and then let you know where....

Don't know about the Griso(2 weeks old) but With my "03" Tuono I run a Pirelli Diablo front & a Diablo Strata on the rear.
Get better mileage on the Strata rear & the both wear at the same time so you don't have to feel like you are throwing away a still ok front.
My front is where I need the most stick when braking. Great on the street but wouldn't use that set-up at a track day.
Don

I have been using Avon's since 1994 on my Ducati and now on my Griso.
I get very good response and feel of the road surface with them. Rain not an issue, dry weather fantastic, better than 4500 with fantastic grip. Storm by Avon. But as you all know, no matter which tire you purchase keep in mind they all are great

Took a run out yesterday to final scrub and test the BT016's.... Have no complaints so far, took it easy for the first hour or so. Then got more brave, really like the way they feel, feed back was good, felt grippier i than expected. Put on 250mls up and over Pine mountain, down the grapevine, across thru Arvin, up to Tehachapi, cut thru Willow, then up to the Rock Inn for lunch and home. Just hope that the claim of lasting longer is true and i'll be happy with this tyre...

guzzim Just hope that the claim of lasting longer is true and i'll be happy with this tyre...
100_2102.jpg
[/quote]

thats how i feel about rdsmarts fingers crossed.Funny how people are happier on certain makes of tyres im always happier on road bikes with Dunlop tyres just seem to suit my light weight better than other makes.

Hi there, on my griso se I am on my 2nd set of pilot road 3s after using original Metz z8s. Getting around 9500km. Only had the bike for 10 months so getting used a lot and not used for transport. I am experiencing full use of front tyre. I am going to edge of rear and rear wears with nice shape. The front worries me a little for it too is wearing to edge, is this the geometry of the griso, do others find this as well?

Back