• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

U.S. Relay to the Rally 2009

Hello;

I'm in... Get to the LA/TX boarder and I'll carry the mail either West or North!

Maybe I can help out this time. I'll be glad to meet the Florida folks at the GA-FL border or thereabouts and take the flywheel north passing it off to Wayne, Bill and the rest of the Atlanta area riders. Where is the thing and what is the timetable ?

Muley wrote:
Maybe I can help out this time. I'll be glad to meet the Florida folks at the GA-FL border or thereabouts and take the flywheel north passing it off to Wayne, Bill and the rest of the Atlanta area riders. Where is the thing and what is the timetable ?

Where are you located we have the Baton in our posession and hop to hand it off next week.

Great guys, thanks... glad to finally see some activity here. Perhaps it's the weather breaking? Anyway, should have everything in place early this week for a kick-off! I'll post again when everything is in place on my end.

Trying to get a few people interested here in SC. I'm in for sure. Just need to know who and where to pick-up and who and where to drop off. The longer the lead time the better.

Right now I'm thinking about a hand off from the GA guys in the North GA mountains somewhere. Wayne, any thoughts? Then maybe up along the blueridge to NC or further if necessary. Or maybe NW through TN somewhere.

screamday wrote:
Trying to get a few people interested here in SC. I'm in for sure. Just need to know who and where to pick-up and who and where to drop off. The longer the lead time the better.

Right now I'm thinking about a hand off from the GA guys in the North GA mountains somewhere. Wayne, any thoughts? Then maybe up along the blueridge to NC or further if necessary. Or maybe NW through TN somewhere.

Just say when, and we'll try to work it out.

screamday wrote:

If you want to run it up the SC coast to NC, I can meet you. I'm in Oriental,NC (New Bern area). I can continue up the coast or move it west towards Raleigh and then they can maybe move it west towards Blueridge?
Jerry

I *FINALLY* got the website up last night, and Alex will handle the redirect when he gets home from Italy. For now, the address is; http://relay09.guzzitech.com/ -- when the redirect happens, it will be NationalGuzziRelay.com as before. Just FYI for now.

Wayne Orwig wrote:
screamday wrote:

Just say when, and we'll try to work it out.

I await orders, Obergruppenfuhrer Orwig! :laugh:

Seriously, I am sure we can make this happen and have a fine time at it, and only need a date/time to execute.

Look forward to it. Wayne's new Stelvio will add some class, but -- :woohoo: -- possibly an unpaved hand-off. I will stick to pavement. ;)

Bill

I'm in Screamday. As long as it's not the last week in April or Memorial Day weekend I should be golden. Last year I think it got to us around the 3rd week of May.

And I like the deal of trying to get us off the coast this year!!!! Too hot and too flat! A visit to GT's place would be great.

Geo

Hey this is my first post on your board Todd! I've lurked over here long enough.

Head WEST young men... WEST... :cheer: :cheer:

Oh Yea... its a Guzzi page. .No young men.. :dry:

Well, go where ever and however long your "kidneys" last...:blink:

OK, Florida, what is the plan?
We have a bunch of people in GA ready to receive it. The weekend of April 4-5 is a problem for a few of us though.

Wayne Orwig wrote:
We have a bunch of people in GA ready to receive it. The weekend of April 4-5 is a problem for a few of us though.

Great, looks like the weekend of March 28-29 would be a good hand off target, Hash it out up there, I am 100% sure the 28-29th is good down here.

If you want to do this via E-mail mine is

draidt <at> tampabay.rr.com

draidt wrote:
Wayne Orwig wrote:

Great, looks like the weekend of March 28-29 would be a good hand off target, Hash it out up there, I am 100% sure the 28-29th is good down here.

If you want to do this via E-mail mine is

draidt <at> tampabay.rr.com

Cam Lay -- now, sadly, a beemerist on an R1200RT -- and I are riding from Atlanta (in his case, Clemson) on Fri (27 March) or Saturday (28 March), to do a recon of a loop from Newport, Tenn., to SW Virginia, and back around to Middlesboro, Kentucky, then Newport, and home during that weekend into Monday.

Not sure how all of that fits into this, but note it if helpful.

Bill

Bill Hagan wrote:
Cam Lay -- now, sadly, a beemerist on an R1200RT -- and I are riding from Atlanta (in his case, Clemson) on Fri (27 March) or Saturday (28 March), to do a recon of a loop from Newport, Tenn., to SW Virginia, and back around to Middlesboro, Kentucky, then Newport, and home during that weekend into Monday.
[/quote]

Just include a stop in Key West FLA, no problem.

What if we (GA riders) picked up the baton from Florida, say Friday the 27th or early the 28th, and then took it to Fairburn for the open house/demo ride event where there would be several Guzzi riders congregating. Someone from that group could then head toward SC, NC or somewhere east or north.

I could meet at the GA-FL line on one of the above dates and head north to Fairburn for the weekend of the 28th-29th. Then Wayne, Bill, Yaniv, Michael or someone could take over.

Muley wrote:
What if we (GA riders) picked up the baton from Florida, say Friday the 27th or early the 28th, and then took it to Fairburn for the open house/demo ride event where there would be several Guzzi riders congregating. Someone from that group could then head toward SC, NC or somewhere east or north.

I could meet at the GA-FL line on one of the above dates and head north to Fairburn for the weekend of the 28th-29th. Then Wayne, Bill, Yaniv, Michael or someone could take over.

That will work !!!!

Stay tuned !

Dan

draidt@tampabay.rr.com

or

Randy

quixotic83@atlantic.net

Randy hasn't posted this, so I will... his wife, Louise stepped up with some extra TLC for the Baton and carry bag additions... shown below is making a "sleeve" for the flywheel/baton. Saluti.

I think she deserves a special gift for such dedication. Can Randy keep it a secret from her ?;)

Maybe, at the very least, a thank you card from HQ.

Back