• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

U.S. Relay to the Rally 2009

Thanks Dan! I've been trying to get some interest going but its been quiet so far. Maybe its still a bit early or maybe with the bad weather people aren't thinking about it too much. I was hoping to get some folks reading about it on WG and then re-directing them here.

Jerry

RandyP wrote:
Will we be able to obtain decals and/or patches like last year?
Randy, I sure will be working on it yes. If you know of someone that could make them, please let me know direct. They were very pricey last year.

So, what do you guys & gals think about getting a ride leader to move the baton, and publish the dates/routes here. This way, hopefully we can keep it moving along better then last year [outside of the injury related delay(s) that is of course].

Sound off below.

If the baton comes my way, I can cover northern Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

Nick

We are looking for someone to hand the Baton off from Florida, We will take it up north to Georgia, SC.... This will be in March.

Depending on timing, I'd be honored to carry the baton if it passes thru northern NM.

Rich

I'd be happy to be involved again this year if it makes its way through New England.

It was a howl last year.

Doug

WitchCityBallabio wrote:
I'd be happy to be involved again this year if it makes its way through New England.

It was a howl last year.

Doug

+1. And if we do the psycho traffic boston tour again, I want to film it.

wistah_sean wrote:
+1. And if we do the psycho traffic boston tour again, I want to film it.
Ah, the memories, for this ex-Bostonian now in LA. Traffic here in LA is such a piece of cake compared to "psyco traffic boston."

Are there any Southeast riders here from AL, MS, LA that are interested in helping out? Depending on feedback, I'm thinking March will still bring cold enough temps to stall the baton in the Northeast... perhaps a more Southerly route?

For the patches, I have a "stripe" that will complement the relay patch as shown below. They didn't reach me in time last year to circulate them with the baton, so I'll probably just mail them out to those who carried the baton/earned a patch. E-mail me direct with your mailing info for one. I'm pricing out another "stripe" for Colorado this year. I have a dozen or so round relay patches leftover, so I'll likely order more, but they're $4/apiece. I'd like those who are helping out again, only to take a stripe.

Activity has been shockingly low so far, so I hope once we set the baton in motion, and the weather warms slightly, people will have more interest.

Anyone have anything to add?

It is very quiet so far. Maybe someone should post a link on WG to this thread here on GuzziTech so that the folks over there have the information. DanR/draidt??

:) OK. The stripe tipped me.... I'll ride from central MN in any direction. This year I'll attend some MN MGNOC events to see if there can be a little more activity;)

PS
enough snow melted last Sunday to get a ride in!

:) i'll stay out of you guys way....;) hopefully will see ya in Salida. :woohoo:

Hi RacerX.... I like the stripe!

Of course I am in.

Hey Mike.... Do you have general plan to ride.. Start / Stop.... Route.... We could gang up if you want...

Glad you guys like the stripe. I forgot to preface it with the fact that these only get awarded to those who carried the baton *AND* made it to the National Rally in Malibu. ;)

Adrian, great(!). Stay tuned here.

Mike, look forward to meeting you and shaking your hand in Salida.

Still need thoughts on a southerly route, and who might want to carry it. If you guys know the MGNOC Reps, feel free to put in a call to them and let them know about it. I'll do a e-mail blitz again soon as well.

I would like to be part of the Relay to the Rally again. I can transport the baton through eastern NC, northeastern SC, or southestern VA.
:)

WitchCityBallabio wrote:

It was a howl last year.

Doug

I'd be in for that as well!

Todd, for sure I'm in! After I bring it down to Daytona next month, I will be available for any relay segments up this way in NC or further north. I'm thinking I might skip the National this year so that I can visit family up in upstate NY. With that in mind, I'm going to try to make it to the Western NY Rally and then the VA Rally on the way back to North Carolina. So I could move it to either rally if needed.
Jerry

Back