• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

U.S. Relay to the Rally 2009

sbaker wrote:
Hey Mike.... Do you have general plan to ride.. Start / Stop.... Route.... We could gang up if you want...

I like that, but it is going to be a last minutes thing for me (so don’t count on me)….. I have to wait until June to see my Doctor for 1yr checkup, then I’ll know if he will releases me to do normal activities or not.

I can move it around Northern California as needed. I'll end up at the National myself anyway. But, I'll be in Italy again for the last week of May first week of June.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

I am willing to run it up the Oregon Coast from extreme NorCal should my help be needed. Naturally this is timing dependent as it is for everyone else, but I am happy to oblige.

Wayne Orwig wrote:
Let me know if you can get it into Georgia. Then I can pass it off to hopefully SC or something.

Randy P and myself would be delighted to hand it off to you !

Had a good time last year, and look forward to the relay again this year.

Count on me for any path that crosses northern Illinois.

That being said, I think we should spread the wealth, so to speak, and see if we can get another Illinois rider to be the lead rider. Tim in Chicago was interested last year, but the scheduling prevented his participation. Larry Lompart rode the segment from Chicago to Wisconsin with me last year; maybe he would like the lead this time. Possibly some others as well.

One way or the other, we'll get Illinois covered!

Carlo

OK, folks... time is closing in fast. More patches have been ordered... however, I only have 10 patches left out of 100(!). It was the honor system last year, and to earn one, it took 100 miles traveled with the baton to keep one. This time we will keep better track. Rider and patch will be noted in the log book, as well as donations to the I.R.F.

I'm desperately trying to get the website revised, but it's been a big hurdle so far.

So, based on those who have posted above (or direct e-mail to me), we will be moving the baton North from Florida. I think it would be best to move it more West all things considered... however there doesn't seem to be enough interest to have it structured in this fashion, so again this year it will be random.

Stay tuned, or post below or e-mail me if you're interested in helping out; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Todd,
And all of the rest of the Guzzi Rally particpants....Florida is ready to get started. Dan Raidt & I will be at the Monday dinner in Daytona and are looking forward to starting the Rally. We are looking to having a bull session to get as many ideas as possible to make this years rally a success. Please feel free to offer any ideas to Dan & me.
Looking forward to Monday.

Randy :)

RandyP wrote:
Todd,
And all of the rest of the Guzzi Rally particpants....Florida is ready to get started.

Randy :)

We're ready in the Midwest too.... as soon as yesterdays 6 inches melts & it warms up 40 degrees or so:p

Thanks Randy... still working feverishly in trying to get the website up (this weekend I guess!)... for now, let's plan on you kicking it off, and sending it Northward to Hagan & Orwig. We'll figure it out from there as it goes. Be sure to take a large handful of donations prio to Monday, so we can kick the I.R.F. off with a strong start, good? I'll be in touch again direct here soon.

Hi Guys,

I just got back from a week of kiteboarding in the Dominican Republic and have been in bed since! I'm not sure if I caught the flu down there, the water, or what, but it knocked me out.

Its touch and go whether I can make the ride down for Dinner on Monday night. My original plan was to start down tomorrow (Sunday), but if I don't recover somewhat, the 750 mile ride would be impossible. Worse case is if I can't make it , I will ship the Baton next week down to Randy or Dan for the start in Florida.

I will keep you posted on my progress.
Jerry

If you want to send it to Anchorage I can hand it off to one of the riders meeting us in Hyder Alaska on May 30th.

Rally Status Report.
JerryD expressed mailed the "Baton" to me, as he was sick and couldn't make it to Daytona. I now have the flywheel and the tank bag. The bag needs some minor sewing work which will be completed on Sunday, March 8th by my wife. DanR and myself will be starting the transfer very soon. We will travel the Baton in Florida to both coasts, and to some of the dealers. I expect that we will be ready to have it moving out of state in no more than two weeks. Please start signing up for a contact out of Florida. Dan & I can travel with little reguard to distance. Todd has suggested a minimum of 100 miles for earning a "stripe", however the most important aspect is to contribute the the Injured Rider Fund!!!!
Let's strive to improve on last years outstanding effort, I personally had several great experiences and felt proud to assist in the Injured Riders Fund. :)

RandyP

Hey Guys, I'm back in. I can move it through North Carolina as far as South Carolina or north to Virginia.

Todd, when you get the website up, we can get those folks interested on Wild Goose over here.

Jerry

When are you guy coming thru NYC. If I'm not working I'm in. I could pick up in NJ take to Conn, maybe further.

OK, so the second "stripe" arrived today. To get a stripe, you need to both relay the baton *and* attend the National Rally. I will hand out both to those who earned them at Salida.

I am somewhat surprised at the lack of interest still, but I guess that is to be expected with the weather not fully turning around most of the country. I will again contact most of the MGNOC State Reps for their help. Those who have e-mail address' have been contacted, and only a few were unable to help due to (mostly) health related issues.

More. Soon. Here.

Feel free to post below as always if you are interested in helping out this year.

Todd any chance of moving this thread up to the top of the catgegories on GuzziTech. There are so many forums, that it gets kind of lost down here. We need to make the WG folks aware of this and get them over here.
Jerry

OK, the Relay finally got me off Wildgoose long enough to Register over here.

My wife Barb and I are planning to definitely attend the 2009 Rally: I'll be on my Jackal, she's riding the chase-Jeep. If the plans work out, rodekyll will be meeting us at our home in Post Falls, ID, and we'll travel together to Salida.

Post Falls is in the NorthIdaho Panhandle, on I-90 just east of the Washington line.
Thus I can contribute either of two legs on the journey:

(1) Northern Idaho -- westward or eastward, until & including the weekend of June 21st.
Could add on a bit to either end -- say from Moses Lake, WA (western end), to maybe Superior, MT (eastern end).

(2) EASTWARD >> Northern Idaho, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Colorado -- on the way to the Rally itself.
I could receive the Baton near Spokane, WA, and carry it east and south all the way to the rally. Preferred route is I-90 to Billings, then I-25 south to Pueblo, then over to Salida.
If Utah is needed (??), we could head south at Butte on I-15, then dodge over to I-80 at Ogden, UT, east to Cheyenne and I-25.

Advance notice is, of course, helpful.

MB

I agree with Jerry. Unless you have subscribed to this subject it is hard to find information. I participated last year and hope to run again. If you can track the movement of the "baton" you can catch it and pass it on. Subscribe to this subject, on this forum, and you can follow the progress. I wouldn't have made it last year with out the help of "Chuck from Indiana" Take care all...

Hey all, I can help move the baton thru SC in any direction if I can get my hands on it before the end of this month, maybe even into the first week of April. After that I would have to take a pass. I'll keep my eyes peeled here to try to keep up.

Back