• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

UpMap Q&A

What would be so hard to make 2 separate download pages, 1 USA and 1 Europe and All Other so this constant error would stop? They don’t do it because they are making $$$ from the confusion. It’s so unethical.
The VIN# shouldn't allow the EU download period. For those who buy them from me, I force them to give my buyers a credit for their mistake. I can't help those who don't purchase from me though.
Usually map errors are due to the EU vs. US maps. I've had that numerous times so far.

Did the deed and used my upmap today.

Points to note:
Firmware update took a couple of minutes, as did downloading (current) original map to the upmap.
"Buying" the Gcorse map:
All v7 850 maps on display in the store but reading the brief discription with each or as I did note down previously which map I needed made for easy work.
I didn't have to enter my VIN as upmap captured that, just entered my address and phone number.
Loading the map was flawless, again only a minute or two..

All in no more than 10 minutes start to finish.
Bike started and no fault indications. So good to go.

I'm happy.
The Guzzi updated tune for the Centenario was good - removed the "flat" spot at 3,500 ish. The GCorse map improves on that. There's an added urgency/ummph throughout the rev range now. Sure the Centenario seems to drink a little more but by god is it worth it.

I’m happy with the remap of the ECU on my V7 850 Special too. Definitely feels more grunty in the lower half of the rev range and it no longer nearly stalls moving off on a cold engine.
I have tried the live data displayed on my iPhone. Some observations: The gear displayed stays at zero, not sure why or if it should. Voltmeter shows a little over 15 volts after startup but then drops to 14.n volts. I would prefer the option to have the engine temperature in Centigrade rather than Fahrenheit but to do this means I have to have kilometres, not miles. The display is not something that I use much anyway but occasionally when I use a SatNav app on my phone it’s nice to load the UpMap app to see what’s going on. Overall a great bit of kit in my view.

I got my UpMap yesterday and flashed the ECU with the US OEM exhaust map. And I’m happy with the difference. It feels like good fuel injection without regard for emissions set points (because it probably
is). My plan is to get slip ons and a filter in the intermediate future and run the UpMap for the stock set up until then. Totally worth the coin.

greetings to everyone, I have one question, I see that you currently do not have an upmap for the moto guzzi v9 e5 models in the store, if it arrived in the store and I decided to buy, would it be a problem to deliver it to Croatia

greetings to everyone, I have one question, I see that you currently do not have an upmap for the moto guzzi v9 e5 models in the store, if it arrived in the store and I decided to buy, would it be a problem to deliver it to Croatia

Hi Pruga72,

Please send these words to info@guzzitech.com -- posts here are futile for this.

Translation:
everything is ok, I should have let the upmap application turn on bluetooth, and I had it turned on before, so that's why it didn't recognize me, at least I think so, but I managed. You should get the first ticket for free, but it asks me to pay, so I didn't pay and gave up on further downloads, I sent them a message right now and I'm waiting for a response.

I did several times but it didn't accept, I'm still waiting for an answer. They told me to send them the SN number and my information, so now I'm waiting for an answer, but they're a little slow 😞

Hello everyone, here's some news. Yesterday I personally contacted the Upmam service by phone, and Mr. Simone answered. I explained to him my problem with the free map. I have it on the engine, I said that I have an agostini without a catalyst and a slightly modified db killer. They also inserted a map for the exhaust without a db killer for free. Now I have two with and without a db killer. I haven't inserted a new map yet, I'll let you know when I do. If if you have problems with the maps, just call Upmap and they will solve the problem immediately, they are a bit lazy with the messages

Hello, today I installed a map with db killer on my roamer. The engine has been transformed and works much better. I will drive it with this map for a bit, then I will try to put the map without db killer to see the difference. I have an Agostini exhaust (the long one) without a catalyst and a db killer cut in half.

You only have 2 more cats to go!!

Attachments

• 2EA1D221-DF76-4863-AFE1-A97E72EECCE6.jpeg
    2EA1D221-DF76-4863-AFE1-A97E72EECCE6.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 38
GTM header pipes with H pipes should cure the problem
I didn't know that my Roamer has double catalysts, so why is that, the ones in the exhaust are not enough. I will think about it, because I don't need catalysts now, they have no purpose anymore, because the lambda probes are turned off. The motorcycle was breathing with the new map, and I am very satisfied, but I will think about those pipes

That cat is certainly the most restrictive part in the whole exhaust!
I found it a few days ago...
Can’t wait to have the bike back together and try it.... needs Upmap
before riding!! Should run cooler too!

Since... So i dont have any answers from UpMap maybe someone have the answer. I tink, maybe im wrong.
Does the UpMap tuning just act to the sport mode or it act at all modes.

Back