• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 Front and Rear wheel nut info

Thanks guys. So a big head-scratcher here… we duplicated the 65mm socket I got on Amazon (per above), yet our proto-print tester (below) didn’t even fit over the retaining clip fingers. Can anyone put a caliper on the opposing tips, as it were a big wrench for me? I didn’t take a caliper thinking it would fit based on the socket above.

IMG 4853 IMG 4854

Thanks a ton Brian. Much appreciated. I read the post above using a 65mm socket, so this makes it even more confusing. I’ll try my 65 on Saturday on one. For those watching this, below is the 2-in-1 tool I plan to make. Inner is 30mm, outer will be MUCH larger than shown.

View attachment 29865
Let me know when you have the 2-in-1, and I'll use the 65mm socket for a door stop.

Let me know when you have the 2-in-1, and I'll use the 65mm socket for a door stop.
Will do. You have a caliper? I need the measurement across the peaks of the nut on any opposing side.

Will do. You have a caliper? I need the measurement across the peaks of the nut on any opposing side.
I can’t get the caliper in square, but 74+ mm is close. Measuring the socket, valley to valley, 75.3 mm, and peak to peak, 68 mm.
If you need photos of the measuring, can do that tomorrow

Thanks guys. Photos would be super helpful. Much appreciated.

Not sure which socket you're trying to duplicate that gave bad 3D-print. This is the one I ordered, and when the wire retainer is removed, it fits perfectly. (But it's a big honkin' piece of steel to lug around, so yours will be a welcome replacement!)

Amazon product ASIN B0BBB8R5TS

Photo too hard to see. I drew up a scetch with dimensions. I learned about socket and spanner sizes....they are based off of the 6 point flat sides. I was wondering how there were so many different measurements being called out. It is a size 65mm. The other measurements are interesting but not relevant. Hope this helps.

IMG 4873

Thanks John, and MUCH appreciated @Stirling - super helpful. I’ve ordered a stock nut also, as it just might work for my forged CNC wheels I’m doing for the CARC bikes. It’s been a LONG term ongoing project.

Thanks again to all those who posted above. I will certainly be posting more info and try to get a count on how many here might want one, before I do a small production run.

Reactions: BDS
Thanks again to all those who posted above. I will certainly be posting more info and try to get a count on how many here might want one, before I do a small production run.
Smallest and light that could possibly fit under the seat , ? A socket that could be used in road side emergency or at a bike shop that did not have a 65mm socket to change a tire while away on a trip ,hate to see someone use a set of channel locks to get the rear nut off.

For what it's worth....... I couldn't break the 65mm nut with the socket I used reduced from 1 inch to 1/2 drive with my Milwaukee impact gun. I like your combo socket to handle front and rear axle nuts but consider 3/4 drive. I think Ducati rear axle nut is 55mm which smaller than the V100 rear axle nut. I ended up really grunting on mine with a breaker bar with a cheater pipe......... it was super tight and let go with a real crack.

Back