• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 - Gas Mileage

BDS

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Didn’t see another post, so thought I’d post a thread on this, and see what others are experiencing. I’m nearing my first 900 mile service (I’ve got it scheduled for Friday). My gas mileage has been inching upward (👍). My current tank of gas is at 47.7 mpg. That gets me above a 200 mile range for a full tank. I’m good with that👍. I’m curious where it will level off. My Norge got about 50mpg. To match that, I’d feel pretty happy!👍😁.

Also, side note - in the pic below, you can see the ambient temp at 91F… that was after I got home. The ambient temp got to 92 as a high for the day. Engine heat was pretty warm, but, with over pants on, no worse than my Ducati ST3S was. So far, my Evotech radiator guard hasn’t negatively affected the engine temp. We’ll see what August brings!!! 🔥

IMG 0115

I was getting lower to mid 40s before the initial service. I'm now getting mid to upper 40s. I've got just a hair under 3000 miles on the bike. I'm filling up in the 160 to 180 mile range. I've not pushed it to see how far I'll get before running empty.

I don't do a whole lot of highway riding. I live in an area with lots of hilly, twisty roads. The one time I rode in the city, I noticed a bit of heat on my lower right leg. It was not a big deal, just enough to notice. The temperature was in the upper 80s and I was in stop and go traffic.

Last tank was 45 mpg which included a mix of twisties, hwy, and in-town. It has improved over time (2000+miles now) as my first couple of tanks were under 40mpg.

Reactions: BDS
I also literally averaged 47.7 mpg today (US gallons). Basically getting between 45-50 mpg. I was hoping for 200 miles of range, so I'm happy. I do think the low fuel light comes on a bit too early.

Sorry, but this thread makes me a touch angry. Help me here. Why do people chase mileage like this? I understand from a pure fuel cost and capacity perspective, but I ride to enjoy myself and machine.
Nearly EVERY Guzzi I’ve fuel-corrected gets better MPGs once you stop enjoying the new found power, and the health and longevity of the engine is most important to me.
So please… Do tell. 😉

I rarely pay much attention to my gas mileage. I reported it here because someone asked.

I do care about fuel range. I'd like to go 300 miles between fuel stops. I've only ever had one bike that could do that regularly without the use of an extra fuel tank. If this bike ever becomes my primary touring bike, I'll add a tank.

Agreed the economy doesn’t matter much to me. Spending a few more bucks for fuel for a recreational vehicle isn’t a huge deal. It’s more a matter of range. I find 200 miles is about how long I like to ride before stopping to stretch.

Hehe… hey Todd. Speaking for myself, I don’t really care what the mileage is as it pertains to performance. I ride how I feel like riding, and fill up when needed. Sometimes, it’s fun to nail it - and, other times, lollygagging in 6th feels just fine👍😁. It’s just one variable on a new bike. I think it’s doing great in that respect… right in line with my (previous) Norge and Ducatis, and will probably continue to improve.. I look at it as icing on the cake if I get a couple hundred miles on a tank (many of my group “day” rides are at about 175-200 miles. Anything more than that, and I’d be stopping anyway to pee! Not an obsession, just fun to compare notes😂. Cheers!

I may be a bit different compared to most American motorcyclists. For me these are not recreational vehicles. There have been many times in my life when I did not have a car. Even when I do have a car, the bikes are still primary transportation. I ride for fun quite a bit, but mostly I ride to get somewhere.

Sorry, but this thread makes me a touch angry. Help me here. Why do people chase mileage like this? I understand from a pure fuel cost and capacity perspective, but I ride to enjoy myself and machine.
Nearly EVERY Guzzi I’ve fuel-corrected gets better MPGs once you stop enjoying the new found power, and the health and longevity of the engine is most important to me.
So please… Do tell. 😉
I have always used it to determine the real, actual range on longer trips where there is more highway riding here in AZ, NM and CO where distances between fuel stops can be pretty sketchy out in BFE, especially so if riding solo, so good to know if the computer is in touch with reality....

where distances between fuel stops can be pretty sketchy out in BFE, especially so if riding solo, so good to know if the computer is in touch with reality.
Thanks, yes, well aware of that here in SoCal too, but point being I’m betting you remember the days of a trip meter and reserve petcock. Never once in my life did I ever micro-manage fuel, even when I had little idea where the next stop was.
That said, I remember many BMW riders that carried around small pocket notepads documenting every tank full. Absurd to me then and now. A gas gauge (even though never even remotely accurate) will suffice. The 1200 8V is a thirsty engine. I do not want to harm it trying to maximize mileage, nor do I care about MPGs to the decimal point. ;)
All said, I’m disappointed at the small tank on the V100 Mandello. Not looking like they will do anything to increase it on the new Stelvio. I LOVE the 8.6 gallon tank of my NTX.

. . . I remember many BMW riders that carried around small pocket notepads documenting every tank full. . .
That's me, it is data and it is interesting. For e.g. I recently had the factory fuelling update done on my V7, I measured this:
On May 29 the MPG that I had been getting was 46.36. So far the V7-850 is completely stock. The ten fillups before the mapping update:
  1. 36.67
  2. 47.67
  3. 51.69
  4. 39.94
  5. 42.67
  6. 49.23
  7. 50.47
  8. 42.29
  9. 49.26
  10. 51.25
AVG of 10 fillups before update: 46.114

I had the OEM firmware update for the fuelling issues done. Here are the first ten fillups after that was done. I have seen an increase to 46.84. That average includes about 4000 miles before the update. Number 0ne is the most recent fillup
  1. 52.39
  2. 51.61
  3. 50.48
  4. 49.22
  5. 45.08
  6. 53.01
  7. 67.06
  8. 45.29
  9. 54.58
  10. 58.00
AVG of 10 fillups after update: 52.672
Is this information essential? No.
However, to me it is interesting.

. . .and yes, I am aware of the fundamental math flaw that lies in an average of averages, Let's just call it 'meta-data' and move on.

Thanks, yes, well aware of that here in SoCal too, but point being I’m betting you remember the days of a trip meter and reserve petcock. Never once in my life did I ever micro-manage fuel, even when I had little idea where the next stop was.
That said, I remember many BMW riders that carried around small pocket notepads documenting every tank full. Absurd to me then and now. A gas gauge (even though never even remotely accurate) will suffice. The 1200 8V is a thirsty engine. I do not want to harm it trying to maximize mileage, nor do I care about MPGs to the decimal point. ;)
All said, I’m disappointed at the small tank on the V100 Mandello. Not looking like they will do anything to increase it on the new Stelvio. I LOVE the 8.6 gallon tank of my NTX.
I do remember from the 60's up until the digital age, the analog gear driven clocks, cable driven... I had a 2009 Street Glide, and have a 2019 Road Glide with a 6 gallon tank, which get high 40's to mid 50's mpg, and I can say that there have been a few times that I was hoping to make it to the next fuel stop; think West Texas, NM on the Res., etc. One remote station in the middle of nowhere sometimes. I believe SOCAL is much more densly populated than many/most other states; if you have been cross country or through some of the "Western" states you would agree I believe. I just don't see the point on Peeing on anyone's parade because they may find it interesting or helpful to discover what kind of fuel mileage their brand new uncharted machines get. And really, who cares? Let them post. What you wrote was not productive nor helpful... which I thought this forum is supposed to be. I hope you don't take this as a personal jab, as it is not intended, just sayin' let them be.

Cheers, and keep the shiny side up

As the saying goes, YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary). With a little over 2400 miles the best I'm getting is still mid to upper 40's. Not a problem except when riding with friends whose fuel tanks are 7 gallons and they're getting around 50mpg on trips. I don't wind mine out often. Short shift mostly. FYI, PLEASE CHECK THE GROUND WIRE FROM THE STARTER TO THE BACK OF THE ENGINE!! My bike WOULD NOT START after a gas stop in the middle of NOWHERE, West, Virginia! Long story, but that was the reason for it not starting!

As the saying goes, YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary). With a little over 2400 miles the best I'm getting is still mid to upper 40's. Not a problem except when riding with friends whose fuel tanks are 7 gallons and they're getting around 50mpg on trips. I don't wind mine out often. Short shift mostly. FYI, PLEASE CHECK THE GROUND WIRE FROM THE STARTER TO THE BACK OF THE ENGINE!! My bike WOULD NOT START after a gas stop in the middle of NOWHERE, West, Virginia! Long story, but that was the reason for it not starting!
Good to know, thank you!

FYI, PLEASE CHECK THE GROUND WIRE FROM THE STARTER TO THE BACK OF THE ENGINE!! My bike WOULD NOT START after a gas stop in the middle of NOWHERE, West, Virginia! Long story, but that was the reason for it not starting!
Glad you got that sorted(!), and back to the trip!👍😁.

Didn’t see another post, so thought I’d post a thread on this, and see what others are experiencing. I’m nearing my first 900 mile service (I’ve got it scheduled for Friday). My gas mileage has been inching upward (👍). My current tank of gas is at 47.7 mpg. That gets me above a 200 mile range for a full tank. I’m good with that👍. I’m curious where it will level off. My Norge got about 50mpg. To match that, I’d feel pretty happy!👍😁.

Also, side note - in the pic below, you can see the ambient temp at 91F… that was after I got home. The ambient temp got to 92 as a high for the day. Engine heat was pretty warm, but, with over pants on, no worse than my Ducati ST3S was. So far, my Evotech radiator guard hasn’t negatively affected the engine temp. We’ll see what August brings!!! 🔥

View attachment 30264
Finally I remembered to take an image for mpg. I have only 624 miles on it as of today 1 July, it is showing 102 degrees in the garage, and it was 112 deg from 16:00 to 17:00 today. 90% of my riding has been to and from my favorite little canyon ride. I do not baby the motor, but don't beat on it from every stop sign, but do ride aggressively in the canyon. Speed to and from the canyon is about 50 mph. I would think on the highway it would average around 50 - maybe 52 mpg on the flat so around 200 - 210 miles for 4 gallons with 1/2 gal. cushion.

Attachments

• IMG_3497.jpg
    IMG_3497.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 12
Dang… that’s hot! 🥵

You’re getting decent mileage. Seems to be in the 43-48 range for many (200 mile range was my hope, so I’m happy). It’s like dollar cost averaging I guess😂.

Just thought it would be fun to compare notes since it’s a new bike/design. Thx🙌

Back