• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 - Gas Mileage

I love the fact that in Fahrenheit, the only show 2 digits "02" instead of "102"

I just noticed this on my bike in ride here in California today....

Dang… that’s hot! 🥵

You’re getting decent mileage. Seems to be in the 43-48 range for many (200 mile range was my hope, so I’m happy). It’s like dollar cost averaging I guess😂.

Just thought it would be fun to compare notes since it’s a new bike/design. Thx🙌
Thanks! I like to verify what the electronics are reading with a new bike at first so I can trust this. by vrifying by the old "analog" method where I take a picture of the trip odometer, and what I have on the reciept for gallons over 4-5 fill ups for mileage, to confirm what the computer is calculating. As the old saying goes "Trust, but verify" There are plenty of places I've been that knowing this is a good thing

Reactions: BDS
Mileage, as I first stated, is merely a habit now, as I no longer get reimbursed, but mileage as a precursor to future engine problems has been of value to me on many machines in the past, so I stand by that as a significant indicator of possible neglect or oncoming failure. Hardly the most obvious or indicative, but valuable.

Still curious about sparkplug gaps though. Do the engine control units adjust for gap?

I find this forum of truly great value.

I have an average of 0,49ltr/10km.
Thats 48mpg (US), and 57mpg (Brittish).
Why the h*ck is there both US and Brittish standards?

Attachments

• IMG_2317.jpeg
    IMG_2317.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 3
I have an average of 0,49ltr/10km.
Thats 48mpg (US), and 57mpg (Brittish).
Why the h*ck is there both US and Brittish standards?
British gallon is "Imperial" measurement which is roughly 20% more than US measurement. Something got lost on the way across the Atlantic............
I just hit the 932 mile break in mileage and recorded in the dash is 48.5 mpg on a round trip of about 260 miles from 1200 ft above sea level to about 5500 ft. Also, at about 945 miles I opend it up on a flat section on a one way highway south bound, and no traffic in front in sixth gear, and ran up to 122 mph, and was still pulling bretty hard........

Last edited:
British gallon is "Imperial" measurement which is roughly 20% more than US measurement. Something got lost on the way across the Atlantic............
I just hit the 932 mile break in mileage and recorded in the dash is 48.5 mpg on a round trip of about 260 miles from 1200 ft above sea level to about 5500 ft. Also, at about 945 miles I opend it up on a flat section on a one way highway south bound, and no traffic in front in sixth gear, and ran up to 122 mph, and was still pulling bretty hard........
I can confirm that it seems to pull really well to the limit.
Not pulled it to the top myself yet, but in a similar occasion like yours even with hard side panniers it seems to be able pull to the top rev limit.
I mean, it doesn’t struggle or loose power at those high speeds.
Seen a video where a guy pulls it to just in the red area at the revs.
He did 245km/h on the onboard speedo.
That’s about 152mph.
If I’m not mistaken the theoretical top speed is around 240km/h (149mph).
The V100 is a brisk thing if you get in the mood, although most natural in sensible driving speed.

Has anyone tested the accuracy of the odometer? I've tested the speedometer and mine is +5mph at actual 75mph. If the odometer is equally optimistic then you can take 8-ish% off your mpg or l/km.

My average is pretty low... but I'm heavy handed.
What averages are you seeing? According to the dash my average MPG is around 40mpg US, but when I do the math at fill-ups I'm only getting 32mpg. I'm quite heavy handed as well and speeds in NorCal are quite fast in general, but it's disappointing as my effective range is just north of 150. While I don't care about the economics, from a practical standpoint that's not enough to safely get me through some long stretches through national parks without reliable gas stations.

Has anyone tested the accuracy of the odometer? I've tested the speedometer and mine is +5mph at actual 75mph. If the odometer is equally optimistic then you can take 8-ish% off your mpg or l/km.
Hi , Yes, correct had my satnav on, always showed 5mph less than speedo.
Perhaps that’s a good thing 🤣🤣🏍️🏍️🏍️🏍️🏍️
Dave … on the red one 😁

And this has taken on the life of an oil or tire thread... in a flaming tail-spin already. :wondering:

I can confirm that it seems to pull really well to the limit.
Not pulled it to the top myself yet, but in a similar occasion like yours even with hard side panniers it seems to be able pull to the top rev limit.
I mean, it doesn’t struggle or loose power at those high speeds.
Seen a video where a guy pulls it to just in the red area at the revs.
He did 245km/h on the onboard speedo.
That’s about 152mph.
If I’m not mistaken the theoretical top speed is around 240km/h (149mph).
The V100 is a brisk thing if you get in the mood, although most natural in sensible driving speed.
I have seen that video, and thought I saved it but cannot find it now. When I had my 2000 RC51, I once let it eat on a familiar road about 125 miles north of where I live and saw 182 mph indicated on the speedometer, all tucked down chin just above the tank. I don't think I would do that anymore but some day I will probably take the V100 somewhere near to, or past 140 mph when I get more miles on the clock. The motor is a joy between 4000 and 8000 rpm and no need to wring it's neck higher in the rev band.

I have seen that video, and thought I saved it but cannot find it now. When I had my 2000 RC51, I once let it eat on a familiar road about 125 miles north of where I live and saw 182 mph indicated on the speedometer, all tucked down chin just above the tank. I don't think I would do that anymore but some day I will probably take the V100 somewhere near to, or past 140 mph when I get more miles on the clock. The motor is a joy between 4000 and 8000 rpm and no need to wring it's neck higher in the rev band.

LOL…I have a habit to save all videos I can on the V100 😃

LOL…I have a habit to save all videos I can on the V100 😃

Yes, that's the one. I have so many favorites in my folder also I could not find it, and after seeing the title did find it, thank you! I moved it to the top now. That is a great video.

I'd probably have been a little more interested in the tpms light popping on in the middle of that run lol.

I'd probably have been a little more interested in the tpms light popping on in the middle of that run lol.

😁

But seriously, the bike "hides" its speed very well. There are some long sweepers coming down from Payson to Mesa (probably well known to GmaninAZ) where I find myself going at over 100 mph (160 kph) without noticing. The R1200 RS was very twitchy in those curves and you really had to push the bike down hard to make them.

😁

But seriously, the bike "hides" its speed very well. There are some long sweepers coming down from Payson to Mesa (probably well known to GmaninAZ) where I find myself going at over 100 mph (160 kph) without noticing. The R1200 RS was very twitchy in those curves and you really had to push the bike down hard to make them.
It is good to know the V100 handles that road (and presumably other similar roads) well because I am not excited by the new BMW’s. My R1150 RS handles those corners well, but it has different suspension than the 1200. I am still trying to find the best suspension settings for twisty pavement and also for dirt roads for my V85TT, but I was pleasantly surprised how well it handled that road when I was on it a couple weeks ago.

Someone mentioned odometer and speedometer accuracy. FWIW the digital speed display on my V85TT is optimistic by about 5 miles per hour at freeway speeds (80 indicated is 75 by GPS), but the distance is pessimistic (actual distance traveled is a little higher than indicated) and calculated miles per gallon usually exceeds the trip computer display. Actual miles per gallon average is slightly over 50 for the 5500 miles since new (yes, I have a spreadsheet full of data).

Last edited:
It is good to know the V100 handles that road (and presumably other similar roads) well because I am not excited by the new BMW’s. My R1150 RS handles those corners well, but it has different suspension than the 1200. I am still trying to find the best suspension settings for twisting pavement and also for dirt roads for my V85TT, but I was pleasantly surprised how well it handled that road when I was on it a couple weeks ago.

Yea. That front Telelever suspension is not the best thing in my opinion (more for comfort I think).
BTW, if you want very tight curves, the complete opposite of the Payson-Mesa road try the 191 from Alpine to Morenci. Less dicey riding up from Morenci). Good luck with your suspension Gerry.

191 (originally numbered 666) is a fantastic ride—I highly recommend it. The 1150 has the telelever suspension which I like. I thought the 1200’s were back to conventional telescoping forks, but that change must have been later.

Back