• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 H20 Stelvio Chat

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Starting this thread to chat about the "new" Stelvio.
Love the looks of v100 but I might switch my pre-order deposit to a new Stelvio because I recently bought a Griso. I’m hoping the new Stelvio will have as much touring comfort and 2-up room as last one.
V100 Stelvio

Sight unseen, I will buy a V100 Stelvio. Absolutely. No question about it.

My 2012 Stelvio NTX which I bought brand new, has been the best Moto Guzzi motorcycle I’ve owned, by far.

Clearly for me, all bets are off until I see what’s coming.

I kinda knew and hoped that they were going to go this way. Adventure bikes are the new hot ticket in the marketplace and a new Stelvio will be a hot seller in Europe.

If they find the sweet spot between the heft of the NTX and the lightweight and compactness of the V100, and give the new Stelvio the stock fully adjustable Ohlins suspension that it deserves, then voila! What a great machine it will be. 👍🤞

I’m hoping for significantly more than a V85TT but less bulky than the NTX. That would be perfect for me! 😀

Last edited:
I know Suzuki and Kawasaki have 650 and 1100 versions of their Versys and what ever the other on is called.
Might an 850TT and a 1000 Stelvio be too close and confuse the market ?
I know they would be quite different water vs Air cooled etc …

But buyers they are a funny lot :tmi:

I think they would be totally different if they make the Stelvio with premium suspension components and on the new platform with weight savings vs the NTX.

I rode all of the V7, V9 and V85 platforms at Cadre Cycle (Thank You Very Much Enzo!) and as I’ve often stated, I liked them but not enough to budge me off of my Stelvio NTX. Also, the small blocks just seem to have way to many issues for my taste. Admittedly, I would have probably gone nuts over some of the issues others have been forced to endure.

My Stelvio has been virtually “significant problem” free for 10 years.

Of course, even a new V100 Stelvio would be an addition to the current stable and not a replacement. 😝

Last edited:
Thanks Scott. Curious as to any words mentioned on the next models(?). I saw the Stelvio signage with the two wheels below.
I couldn't get any Piaggo rep to spill anything regarding any model, including a new Stelvio. A beefy sport Guzzi is what would part me from my silver, though. It is mostly wishful thinking on my part. One undercurrent after talking with lots of reps at the show is that there is a race to the finish line for internal combustion bikes. Europe has banned new ICE sales starting in 2030. At the moment there is some small hope that motorcycles will be exempted at least initially, but the end is near for new European gasoline bikes. Moto Guzzi's air cooled motors will be incapable of passing tighter emissions even if they dodge the ban temporarily, so any new Guzzi's will probably be variants of the V100. So if they squeezed out a V100 Sport before the end it would make me happy.

Last edited:
I just saw this pop up on social media claiming it might be the first looks of the Stelvio. All speculation though.
Thanks for posting(!). In the past, these running prototypes have shown to be nearly spot on... So this makes sense, a V1XX (I hope they up the engine size,) with bigger spoked wheels and long(er) travel suspension. I also likely know who the guy is riding it.

From; topspeed.com/upcoming-moto-guzzi-stelvio-adv-spotted-testing-with-radar/

The 2024 Moto Guzzi Stelvio Will Debut Near The 2023 EICMA

Spied near Noale, the new Stelvio is inspired by Guzzi’s adventure-tourer, the V100 Mandello, made evident by the all-LED headlight and overall silhouette seen here. But there are notable changes. What catch the eye first are the fore and aft spoke wheels that take over from the Mandello’s cast aluminum setup. The front looks bigger than the rear, so expect this to be a 19/17-inch combination. We also spot a set of handguards, an aluminum bash plate, and a transparent windscreen (unlike the tinted one of the tourer), all of which aim to make the ADV ready for off-road shenanigans. Bonus points as these bring it closer to the original Stelvio as well.

The most exciting aspect, however, is the black square box bejeweled up top, right below the new windscreen. Yes, that’s a front radar system - a first for Moto Guzzi - expected to be a Bosch unit that will enable adaptive cruise control functionality. Besides this, the Mandello’s electronics - custom rider modes, traction control, cornering ABS, five-inch TFT - will also find their way on the new adventure motorcycle. There’s no word on a rear radar setup, though.

At the Stelvio’s heart, the spy shots show the same 1,042cc twin-cylinder engine and shaft drive found on the Mandello. This engine produces 115 horsepower and 77 pound-feet, via a quickshifter-equipped six-speed gearbox–all expected to remain as is. We do, however, expect a few minor tweaks to the gearing and engine map for better mid-range grunt.

Hopefully that won’t be the last model they build off this drivetrain! Exciting to see what they come up with.

Back