• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 H20 Stelvio Chat

Luggage is an “accessory” ?
That part bothers me with the Mandello. The bags should be standard on a sport tourer.

If the luggage is interchangeable between the two models, I could save some money by buying a Stelvio without the luggage. I could just put the bags on whichever bike I'm riding that day.

thewre is an italian magazine, "motociclismo" that has already done and published a test ride. it is easy to find on their official page. All in all they say it is a very good bike, not just a make up of the mandello in adventure sauce.

Excellet brakes
Great engine (with some updates on clutch and gear)
good protection on the highways
246 kg AUW
options like QS, panniers, heated grips, etc.
5 riding modes, fully adjustable, including engine braking. no adaptive aero
Price unknown.

Too long to translate in english, but if you want to better undertstand some parts I can translate.

My dealer this week said his District Sales Manager was with the press and they all love the bike.
News blackout till next week.
Although they have no pricing or specs, dealers will hold reservations on a$1,000 refundable deposit.

Link to CW Justin’s story HERE. Some may recall his favorable ride on GTM-01 HERE.

I’m still far from sold on this new engine, but the platform is generally favorable it seems. This model is not yet for me.
Some snippets to note below. I really wish OEMs would take longer-term brand-loyal owner input into consideration, but Piaggio isn’t one.

this is the best Moto Guzzi ever to come off a production line.

When you have little lineage knowledge of the brand, statements like this are made. I’m thrilled at the thought, but this one falls way short for me personally as it has big shoes to fill from the CARC NTX.

Acceleration is strong even with just 115 hp and 77.4 lb.-ft

How delusional we’ve become to publish statements like this. ;)

Note to self, buy every used gearbox (not engine cases) I can source. Just dumb…

IMG 0219

The new Stelvio leaves me cold. Not enough DNA to make it feel like a Moto Guzzi, and too much unnecessary technology that pushes the weight and price too high. I'll stick with getting an older Stelvio someday after I get my Norge.

I was so filled with anticipation about this model. Then I saw it in photos. Meh. Not me. Nope.

Furthermore, what is this fascination with wire spoke wheels on a motorcycle that may see 10% of its life on a gravel or dirt road and 90% on the street?

They are a BITCH to clean compared to my cast wheels and when those individual prints start to go, you will shit your pants at the time and money required to refurbish them.

I gave my old spoke wheels to my best friend. Hopefully he remains my best friend in a couple more years when those bad boys start to leak air badly.

Compared to my incredible and totally awesome 2012 Stelvio NTX, I’ll not budge. The NTX is just a far better motorcycle in my estimation. Real luggage, real foot pegs, real fuel capacity (8.5 gal). Just real everything. Purpose built.

I’ll stick with my 91.5 horsepower at 7,300 rpm and 69.4 lb-ft of torque at a lofty 6,500 and the fact that the engine also makes at least 50-60 lb-ft of torque from idle to redline at 8,000 rpm.

Besides, my Stelvio is PFP. (Paid for Period!)

Abot the wheels, on Stelvio they are tubeless and spikes can be removed from outside, no big deal. Spoked wheels are more durable and they absorb more surface holes than cast wheels and they are less prone to defomation. So they are more comfortable even on roads.

From my point of view I like it very much, way more than Mandello I have now and for me it is beautiful modern Guzzi. If somebody don't like it OK but again I don't understand to comment this beautiful machine with such negative comments.

First real-world ride review I've seen!

"This is the best Moto Guzzi ever to come off a production line." :eek:

Engine Differences from the V100
"First the EFI system gets a downstream O2 sensor to give the Stelvio a Euro 5+ rating—the V100 will also get this as a running change. Guzzi augmented the thickness of the rear of the engine cases where the swingarm attaches for increased strength to handle the additional stresses from the Stelvio’s ADV mission. That’s it."

"Every gear has been reworked to improve shifting, and the clutch is a new self-assist anti-hopping (slipper) unit that is also meant to improve shift actuation and feel."

"Revised geometry, increased length, and additional engine mounting points for the Stelvio (from 4 on the V100 to 6 on the Stelvio). The head-tube area has been stretched and has more rake to make room for the 19-inch front wheel."

I'm personally pretty excited by it. Got my piggy bank set up, haha.

I’m sold. I’ve ridden a couple Mandellos and have aV85TT, and have ridden a couple of previous Stelvios which I thought were great.

For 2008.
But there’s no way I want one today.

The Mandello engine in an ADV chassis and less than 500 lb empty weight? I want one!

Back